Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Skyward Sword

Copper_Dragon Topic Starter

... That's all it takes? Oh man, that's easier than I thought. XD I haven't tried that, but I will next time I'm about to play.

And hopefully it will! It deserves such a grand title. *nodnod* Hopefully it'll go down, price wise, enough for you to buy it, Celestina! <3
Yeah, there is a menu option about resyncing the controllers when you hit the home button at the wii screen with all the channels. Hope it works for you! :D
Copper_Dragon Topic Starter

1) I got the Wiimote to sync up as P1. Sweet.

2) I just got word of a game breaking glitch and how-- I believe-- to avoid it. Shoving it into spoiler tags because it contains... well... y'know!

So here's the deal. Towards what I like to call the "third part" of the game's overall plotline, you are tasked by Zelda to find the Triforce. In order to do so, you must calm the wind guardian spirit, Levias, and get him to tell you how to find it. He tasks you with finding three dragons (one you've met already) and receiving their parts of a song called the Song of the Hero.

This glitch happens in this part of the plot, after gaining a part of the song from the Thunder Dragon in Lanayru. If you speak to the Goron Gulu, who was the one blocking the crawlspace leading to this dragon, the coding has a hiccup and resets what he has to say to you. It will act as if you need to complete the Thunder Dragon's area again to get the song part, which you already have by this point, and will throw itself into a loop that will not let you progress through the game further.

So how do you avoid it? From what I understand, just avoid speaking to Gulu ever again after you receive the Thunder Dragon's song piece. Alternatively, you can just go to the Water and Fire dragons first and save the Thunder Dragon for last, again avoiding Gulu a second time when you complete the area. And if you want to return to that dragon, luckily there is a save point that leads to the sky for you to come and go as you please without the glitch activating.

Hope that helps any fellow SS gamers who might be near this part or want a warning in advance. I seem to have avoided the glitch entirely, but I looked it up just to be certain. This reviewer tells you to avoid doing it first (which may be true for the Hero Mode), but I seem to have bypassed it by the other method above.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Skyward Sword

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus