Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Character Folders

I know this likely won't come in handy for all that many users, but I personally plan on having a lot of characters. I wouldn't mind an easier way to organize them like, say, folders for characters? For example, I have several original franchises I made up, and have mostly been using characters from my newest one Hero's Guild. However, I wouldn't mind adding characters from one of my other OFs, Elemental Force. But I would also like to be able to sort all my characters so they're easier to locate. For example, my HG characters are heroic mythical creatures, while my EF characters are heroic anthros and such.

...I know it's kind of minor, but it would be nice to see.
You can already sort of do this. Just make a profile for your original IP's. You won't have an individual profile for each character, but it keeps them sorted well enough.
Kim Site Admin

This comes up now and again -- it's something I'd like to support. However, since the average number of characters that active members have to their names is 3 or less, it's been sort of hard to justify the time as there are only a few dozen people who have more than 10 or so characters that could really benefit from this kind of sorting.

That said, the people who could benefit from it could REALLY benefit from it...
Sanne Moderator

Despite having 50+ characters I probably wouldn't use folders. I know exactly what setting and groups each belongs to.

A tip: if your setting is unique and used only by you, try adding it as a game in their settings. If you use the site search feature you can easily filter them by your setting name and have a complete list to reference quickly. Alternatively you can make a group and join them all to the same group so you have a member list. (Set it to private if you don't use the group for others)

These are just suggestions for temporary solutions until we know we're going to get folders or not. :)

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Character Folders

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus