Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » DragonTails

Zero (played by Forest)

(sorry life got really hectic)

Zero glanced over at her, raising an eyebrow in question before he responded tiredly. "Yeah I know elemental magic. Fire and Shadow are my main elements although I have some experience and ability with Air." He found it very curious that Johanna didn't know she had elemental magic. In fact he found it very suspicious and decided to keep it hidden from her, for now at least. He had enough on his mind at the moment and didn't feel like explaining what exactly happened.

"after we get to the town I can only accompany you for a few more days. I'm heading to the Elven realms to the north so our paths will split" Unlike the recent discovery of the dragons humans knew elves existed ever since the humans first came together to make a city. There was nothing new about them although they still inspired mystery and fear in some. The elves and humans were never on good terms like most mystical beings and humans.

"I suggest once we part ways for you to cut your hair and pretend to be a boy." Zero held in a sigh, the next part may cause her to rant. "The road is no place for a lone women."
Johanna Annet (played by Victoriantruth) Topic Starter

(Don't worry about it. :) )

"Wow, awesome job on putting the ugly on fire." She nodded in admiration, just for a second. She didn't want him to think she admired him. "So, elemental magic. I've never met a human who had any kind of magic. Pretty cool. Can I learn it too?" She said panting while pushing through the pain. It had only been 15 minutes but she was already exhausted. But no way that she was gonna show that to Zero.

She rolled her eyes at his stupid remark. "Shhhh, you are talking nonsens because of the fever." She shushed him and kept walking. "Fine, I'll cut my hair but only because I want to." Before continuing she took a big breath. "Also, I don't need you perse. I could totally survive on my own, I think." Her voice didn't really sound convincing and that was because she couldn't convince herself either.
Zero (played by Forest)

Zero snorted humorously at her response but didn't respond due to exhaustion. His system had cleared all the paralytic from his body but blood loss was starting to get to him. "It depends on your lineage." He explained remembering his lessons from childhood. "Its next to impossible for a human to learn magic. Therefore it must be in your blood or you have to make a contract with some sort of magical being." Which meant that somewhere in her bloodline one of Johanna's ancestors had reproduced with an elf, dragon, dwarf or other magical creature, tinting the line with magic. Johanna and her family were probably unaware of that fact although a dark thought crossed Zero's mind. If Johanna had elven blood that would complicate things for the upcoming dragon war, elves were extremely loyal and would feel somewhat tied to the royal family. If they had dwarf blood the dwarves would defiantly come to the human's aid, finally finding and excuse to go to war with the elves and dragons. If Johanna had the slightest drop of magic in her blood blood that meant her brother did too. That would be an inconvenience for the dragons if a war actually started. Especially if it was dragon blood. But Zero was doing everything in his power to prevent a war. Which was why he was headed to the Elf Realms. It was a known fact that elves and humans didn't get along while elves and dragons had a history of cooperating. If the dragons went to war the elves would surely help their allies. The alliance between elves and dragons was ancient. Dwarves on the other hand.

Zero huffed, getting his mind back on track. "What is your last name again?" he asked nonchalantly. The babbling of a stream could be heard through the other various woodland sounds. The birds were especially annoying.

"My last name is Annet. Why do you ask?" She said and she stopped walking again. "Do you mind if we rest for a second? Not for me, for you." Quickly she tried to mask the fact that she was exhausted. If there was anything she didn't want him to think, was that she was weak. Especially when he already thought she was a vulnerable little princess.

"How about you sit down and I look for some herbs?" She said as she pushed him down, not waiting for his answer. Then she started looking at the ground, at the grass and flowers around them. "Anyway, tell me something about yourself? What is your last name? And what were you doing when you found me?" She asked alot of questions but only because she wanted to cover up the fact that she was panting really loud.
Zero (played by Forest)

Zero grunted as she roughly pushed him to the ground. He hadn't missed her rapid heart beat or labored breathing. Or the fact that she was slightly sweating. He saw it all but for once decided to be nice and not comment on it.

"I was just curious." he commented "I forgot the kings last name." While it made him sound somewhat stupid he really didn't care. Not every human knew the King's last name, he was sure there was some peasants who just referred to him as "King" or some harsh words.

Something about himself? He thought about telling her he was a dragon just to see her reaction. But he decided against it, not wanting to be the one that revealed their secret to humans. Last name? Illegitimate offspring didn't have last names in dragon culture. They didn't get the right and honor that came along with being tied to a family. Bloodlines are very important to dragons and being an illegitimate child was highly looked down upon. "Um, I don't really have a last name." he said, to tired to lie at the moment. "And I was traveling to the elfen kingdom when i stumbled upon you and your dreadful singing." He flashed her a cocky smirk, knowing it would annoy her.

"what herb are you looking for?" he asked as he inspected the bandage job. His wound would be healed by the next morning if he didn't bleed out faster than his body could heal. In human form dragon's wounds healed slower than normal for them but faster than the average human.

"No last name? Weird." Johanna leaned forward, still looking at the ground. Her eyes were narrowed because of the concentration. But when he mentioned her awfull singing again she stood up right. "Hmmm." She gave him a big fake smile and rolled her eyes once she was turned to the ground again.

"And I'm looking for a couple of herbs. I can use; Sun leaves, which will clean your wound. Or cats claw, which can heal almost anything. I can even use some witch grass, it'll give you some more time and strenght." Johanna bowed and sat on her knees to take a closer look. Her tongue stuck out of her mouth as she pulled a couple of things out of the ground. She had to be carefull because all of the herbs needed their roots to work good and proper.

"So, I couldn't find anything like I wanted but I did find this. Witch Leaves, its like witch grass, only less powerfull." She walked towards Zero and undid his bandage. She ripped a new piece of cloth of her dress and wrapped it around his shoulder with the leaf against his skin.
Zero (played by Forest)

While dragon's weren't big on healing with herbs Zero was educated in some herb names. But only knew them by their elfen names not human. "so it will help me heal?" he asked as he watched her redo his bandage with the plant on his wound. He made a mental note to buy her medical supplies when they got to town. She couldn't be destroying her clothes every time someone go injured.

"you looked completely ridiculous when you were looking for the plant by the way." he added just to poke at her. In his whole life Zero never claimed to be a nice person or even the heroic type. He actually enjoyed being alone and only genuinely liked a few other dragons and a few elves. In fact Johanna was the first human he ever associated with beyond saying a few words and then killing them.

"And it is not weird that I have no last name. Other people don't have last names." He said somewhat defensively. He was unsure about the customs of last names for humans but he knew of other dragons who took human form and had no last names.

"It will make sure you won't die, not yet anyway." Her face serious as she patched him up. Her tongue hanging out again as she made sure the cloth was nice and tight. Johanna wasn't gonna claim to be a nurse, but she had paid attention in class, enough to know what to do in situation like this. "There you go. Good as new. Euhm well in your case good as average. Wish means that nothing really changes." She gave him a big, teeth showing smile just to tease him.

"So you were watching me huh? Interesting." Her hands pushed her body up so she could stand up. Her face, she kept straight as she pulled him up and pushed her shoulder under his arm, again. Before walking, Johanna collected all her strenght and took a deep breath for the walk ahead. "And I think it's weird. I've never met any people who didn't have a last name. Well, besides artists that is. I once new this bard, her name was Cheryll. Just Cheryll. But she was the only one I knew with just a first name." Her eyes focused back on the road and on her breathing. This walking and supporting another person took way more out of her then she would've imagined. Still she didn't say anything. He saved her, intentionally but still. So she needed to repay him some how, and this was as good a way as any.
Zero (played by Forest)

Zero rolled his eyes "Well its safe to assume you never left the castle proper or the city surrounding it. So I guess its safe to assume princess that you are not well traveled." He let her support him for a few steps before he felt bad for her. It was obvious that helping him walk was very tiresome and he didn't need her passing out from exhaustion. "I can walk on my own you know." he gently pushed away from her, and took a few steps, proving his point. But oh how he wished to simply fly. He would of been deep within the elfen realm by now if he had ignored what Freefall said.

"maybe we could purchase horses in town too." he spoke as if he was rich, like he was a noble with money to spend. "that would cut travel time." He walked glancing at her "and we should probably get a map for you so you don't get hopelessly lost on your way home." He would be glad to see her go, at least thats what he told himself. She would complicate things if she accompanied him to the elven realms. While the elves knew all his forms it would make matters difficult. Especially since elves were not fond of humans. In fact they were preparing for war with them.

"Purchase horses? You have enough money to purchase a horse?" Her eyes narrowed as she observed him while he walked. "Fine, but I don't need a map. I have great sense of direction." At that point she couldn't help but laugh. "Oh, who am I kidding? Yeah, I'll need a map." While she shook her head, she thought about the travel ahead. The one where she had to go alone. And she got scared because she wasn't ready.

"Where are you going again?" She asked with a curious look on her face. "Also, my father would give you a big prize for saving me. Are you sure you don't wanna help me get home?" Now, she looked at the floor as she tried to hide the fact that she was indeed very afraid to go on by herself. Even though he was very annoying, she would rather travel with someone annoying then be alone and have a very big dying chance.

She realised how desperate she was being so she tried to salvage the situation. "Don't get me wrong, I don't wanna travel with you. I'll be very glad if we split up but are you sure you wanna decline that much money?" Her shoulders went up in a shrug and she focused back on the road. Her eyes going back and forth from the road to Zero to make sure he was fine.
Zero (played by Forest)

"I do have enough money for horses." Zero said with a smirk "You can be rich and not live like your rich." He watched her, studying her reactions and catching the fear that crept over her. He wanted to sigh and run his hand through his hair but he refrained. Why did he have to get himself involved. He should of just saved her and left, although then she would be eaten by the Nargs. Zero huffed in annoyance. He always managed to get saddled with someone. Her attempts to cover her desperation and fear didn't work.

"I'm going to the northern wood, into the realm of the elves." he told her. He paused for a moment before continuing. "I guess I could take you back to the castle, that reward money would help pay for some expenses." He rubbed the back of his head like he was still deciding what to do. "Yeah i'll take you. It will probably be good pay and you are more than likely to die if you go on your own." He glanced over at her and gave her a smirk "actually scratch that, you would die and probably in some amazingly stupid way too."

Zero seemed to be okay. There was no paralytic in his system and because of the herb and Johanna's bandaging job he had stopped bleeding. Although his inhuman healing probably had something to do with it too. He walked casually next to her but somehow still managed to have a slight swagger. Like the world revolved around him.

"Yeah yeah, I get it. I'm a brat." She rolled her eyes and sighed. His reaction made her want to change her mind. If she had to be saddles with his arrogance the whole time, she would go crazy, no doubt. But she calmed down and just forgot about it. Saying something would only make it worse. Instead she took a deep breath and gave him a some what friendly smile.

A quick nod was given as she thought about where he was going. She had never been there. She had never been anywhere for that matter and was kinda curious. "I would love to meet some elves! How are elves? How do they look?" The flood of questions came out of her mouth and she didn't stop. "Is it true that they live in trees?" She had ignored his comment about her dying because she hadn't really thought about that. But then she stopped and got quiet. "Hey! I wouldn't die a stupid way. I'd die fighting, like a hero!" She was deeply insulted, too late ofcourse, but still.
Zero (played by Forest)

Zero broke out in laughter "a little delayed there princess." he commented with a smirk. "You would probably fall off your horse and roll down a hill and off a cliff." He paused "or something like that." So maybe he was exaggerating a little bit but he truly believed she would die on her own. "that or you would be attacked by bandits and your little singing them to death tactic wouldn't work." He chuckled again.

Zero sighed, so many questions! "Yes elves live in trees but they also live on the ground. All the elves in the northern wood are tall with pointed ears, blonde hair and blue or green eyes. A few of them have brown hair and one or two will have black hair although its rare. They are very tall and they are very fair." he paused thinking back to his last encounter with the elves. They are the best healers out there and are master archers. Any more questions?"

The sun was starting to set, casting the sky in brilliant shades of oranges, reds and yellows. Soon it would be dark.

"Yeah, fine. You don't have to be smug about it. I'll die alone." She got a bit mad. Not because he was being arrogant. Well yeah partly but mostly because he was right. "Jeez, you can't even give me some slack. Fine, I need you oh dear big strong cocky knight.." Ones again she rolled her eyes and stared at the ground again.

"No, I don't have anymore questions." She got very quiet after that. Part of her was annoyed at him for being so arrogant but mostly she was getting very tired and trying to act like she wasn't, was getting too much. Her feet started to hurt and the sun on her skin all day had taken its toll. Her mind was full of pain and fear. The only thing she could think about was the coming night and the coming journey. They just walked for a couple of minutes. She didn't say anything, didn't make any sassy comments or asked any stupid questions. She was occupied with keeping her face straight, not crying and not calling out from the pain.
Zero (played by Forest)

"Hun im no knight. If anything I'm the monster that goes bump in the night." He chuckled but fell silent. The atmosphere shifted into a more gloomy and solemn one. Zero sighed, he was being an ass. But thats how he always was, he could try to change but it never worked. He actually gave Johanna props for not having a complete mental breakdown. After all she was literally taken from her home and almost killed. Earlier in the day she was at the castle but then she suddenly found herself in a desert with strange men who wanted to kill her.

After walking in silence for what seemed like an hour but was actually only a few minutes Zero said "we are almost to town. Once there we can find an inn and i'll get us some rooms. You can take a hot bath and eat while I go and secure us some horses." The forest was starting to thin out and the sound of whinnying could be heard. The town they were heading to specialized in horse breeding and livestock. The town itself was surrounded by a large, vast field that seemed to go on forever. It was a perfect place to raise horses and care for livestock.

She just nodded as she was biting her tongue to not just act like a child and make a fit. Johanna didn't have the energy to argue so she kept looking infront of her. In all honesty, her view was getting a bit hazy by all the pain. But how could she complain when Zero was just bitten. He didn't whine or say anything about pain, so why should she? Her mind was pain, pain and pain. It didn't have any room for jokes or stories.

Quickly, she wiped her forhead. Drops of sweat were teasing her skin and she tried to wipe them in a subtle way. "Are you okay?" She asked, trying to get her mind of its current worries. "I mean, you are walking pretty well for someone who is bitten with deadly suliva."
Zero (played by Forest)

Zero nodded "i'm okay. It must be the herb you used." he said trying his best not to look nervous. They more she questioned him the faster she would figure out that he wasn't human. He hated hiding his true from but he had no choice. They exited the forest onto the vast field, the town could be seen in the distance. Zero glanced at her, his expression worried. She seemed to be struggling. He walked next to her, ready to catch her if she passed out. Perhaps it would be easier if she passed out. He could easily carry her and they would reach the town much faster. The pace they were walking was sickeningly slow for Zero although he didn't show it. Zero was used to flying everywhere.

Herds of cows and horses grazed in the distance. A few men on horse back watched the herds with little interest and paid no attention to Johanna and Zero. The town got visitors often due to their horses and livestock.

She shook her head. "Thats not possible. The herb isn't nearly strong enough." Her eyebrows arched as she looked at him. She was suspicious but at that time to tired to think anything about it. If she wouldn't of been so tired, she would've asked him lots of questions.

"Can we rest for a second? I know that we are almost there. I just can't." At that point Johanna wanted to cry so hard. Her whole body was fighting her and the fact that it was only a minute away didn't help at all. "I'm so sorry." She said while sitting down and taking of her shoes. Her feet were black and had blisters all over. "Oh dear god." She wispered as she saw the damage to her feet. It was a foolish move, taking of her shoes like that. She wouldn't be able to put them on again without hurting herself more then when they were still on.

At that point she felt really guilty. "I'm being such a stupid brat right now and I'm sorry. You are completely right." You could see how tired she was because of her statements. Normally she would of never admitted anything like that. "I'm a stupid no good princess and I'm dragging you along." She actually started to cry a little. Johanna turned her face away so he wouldn't see it and stood up again, still sobbing softly. On her bare feet she started walking, or more like shuffling towards the town.
Zero (played by Forest)

Zero nodded as he watched her sit down. He would of advised against taking her shoes off but before he could say anything they were already off. He was at a loss for words when she started apologizing and crying. Zero never did well with crying females, or crying in general. Dragons were capable of tears but they rarely cried, even the females. He watched her shuffle away and his gaze softened. She was a tough one, he would give her that. He expected much worse from her and felt a little bad for being such and ass. He caught up to her in a few quick strides and smoothly scooped her off her feet so he was carrying her against his chest. His shoulder complained and he grunted but otherwise ignored it. He had felt much worse pain and dealt with much worse wounds.

"there is no need to apologize Johanna." he said softly "you are doing amazingly." It was a little out of character for him to actually be nice but he felt bad for the human. Humans are so weak and fragile and Johanna wasn't accustomed to hard travel or any real physical labor. She was human royalty after all, and a women. She would of been educated in the fine arts and none would of thought that she would be walking across the kingdom.

Johanna cringed when she felt her body go in the air. "Why are you being so nice? Are you going to kill me because I'm so annoying?" Her voice was very sweet and soft, not afraid at all like you would think. "I'd totally understand." And she started sobbing again. Now her face was sobbing against Zero's shirt. Her tears left behind a wet stain and she wiped her face and looked at him. "Oopsie." She said as she looked at the wet stain.

"You shouldn't be carrying me. You are hurt, you could drop me." She didn't mean to sound ungreatfull. It was her being tired that turned her into a blabbermouth. Her filter was completely gone and she started to tell him whatever was on her mind. "Wow, your eyes are pretty. You know, you make yourself out to be an asshole but you aren't. I bet your father was an asshole and thats why you are one. I'm scared of chickens. Bunnies are cute." Her voice got softer and softer until she just fell asleep. In the morning she wouldn't remember anything that she said then.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » DragonTails

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus