Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » DragonTails

Johanna Annet (played by Victoriantruth) Topic Starter

Johanna rolled her eyes at the stubborness and sighed. "Fine, it seems you aren't having any side-effects, which is strange, so I guess we can wait until we are at the castle." It was strange how he wouldn't go to a healer. Wasn't he the one to tell her that the saliva was dangerous? There was something fishy about the situation and she couldn't let it go. Her mind started going places and frustration set in. That frustration set fire to a nearby stall with clothes.

Johanna almost jumped out of her skin when she saw the flames appear from nowhere. She punched Zero on the arm and wispered. "Hey, firebreather, cool it will you?" Not knowing that it came from her, she gave Zero a sharp look. People around them started panicking and screaming. "Withcraft!" Johanna quickly pulled Zero with her to avoid any accusations. "Seriously, calm down. Are you trying to get us killed?"
Zero (played by Forest)

Zero's attention immediately flickered to the fire. Why did he have to save her? she was getting to be more troublesome by the moment. Firebreather, he wanted to chuckle. She had no idea. "Fire is a wild element, its really hard to control." he whispered back, casting a glance at the horse seller. It would take them forever to get back to the castle without horses. Oh how he hated being in human form. He thought about shifting into his real form for a moment. He could devour Johanna and all his troubles would be done with. But, that was just a wishful fantasy. "come on princess." he grumbled pulling her roughly back towards the horse vender. The man look scared but didn't say a word as he handed Zero two saddles and various other peices needed to ride a horse. Two horses were brought forward a black stallion for Zero and a paint mare for Johanna. Zero set to work saddling both horses with amazing speed. "Do you know how to ride princess?"

The people were getting more frantic as the fire refused to be put out. People were starting to come over to the horse vendor, yelling and screaming. This was why Zero disliked humans. Anything out of the ordinary was met with fear and anger. With a wave of his hand he put the fire out, which just made them look more suspicious. He offered Johanna a hand up to get onto her mare while yelling "Will all you frantic assholes just calm down. Look the fire is out now. No need to panic, go back to your daily chores." Of coarse that didn't help, it actually made the crowd, that was quickly growing into a mob, angrier.

"Do I know how to ride? What kind of question..-" Johanna got up on the horse with such grace, like she was lifted in air by an invisible force. She didn't need Zero's help. Finally something she was good at, the one thing she knew she could do better than most people. The angry mob started to surround them like they blamed the strangers for the fire. "Lets go before they start to chase us with torches." Once she started to get out of the crowd, she calmed down. Being on a horse die that to her. The fire calmed down too and she noticed it. "Are you afraid of big crowds or something?" She chuckled.

She quickly picked up the speed, not waiting for Zero to follow her. Her hair Waver in the wind and her face glowed. She didn't look like a fragile human anymore, more like a strong queen who didn't back down for anything. Riding her horse was the only thing she could do at home that made her feel adventurous, without her father stopping her or judging her.

The ride was an easy one. It was the first moment since she was taken from the castle, where she didn't feel annoying or where she felt like she held Zero back. They rode the whole day with one stop and that was only because she was hungry. If she could've, she would've eaten while riding.
Zero (played by Forest)

Zero rolled his eyes and swung up onto his horse. He followed swiftly behind her. "a little." he grumbled, faking a fear of crowds. Johanna was still unaware of her fire abilities which made things easier for Zero. So anything that helped her believe it wasn't her starting the fires helped him.

Zero fell silent as they rode. The wind coursing over his body, the land rushing beneath him. It was the closest thing he could get to flying in his human form. Oh how he missed soaring through the skys. Zero noticed the change in Johanna's mood, the air of power and grace that seemed to envelope her. He smirked to himself but remained quite. /should of given her a horse sooner/ he thought. She was also quite which was a relief. He could only deal with so much talking and human things.

As night started to fall Zero scouted a place for them to camp. He picked a nice grassy clearing far from the main road and close to a stream. He dismounted and unsaddled his horse. Unpacking his things. "we are going to camp here." he said, leaving no room for protest or questioning.

"How adventerous!" Yes, she was excited to sleep outside. Not something you'd expect from a princess but Zero already knew she wasn't just any princess. Johanna sat down against one of the trees and looked at how Zero was working. "So how far until we arrive at our destination?" Her voice was chipper and her big smile showed that she was a bit too happy about going to the elves.

"Hey, how is your wound?" She asked curiiusly. How strange it was that he hadn't complained about it once. She stood up and walked towards him. "Let me look at it." Her hands were already raised and ready to take off the bandages. Her face suspicious and her eyebrows were lifted. "I bet it hurts like hell Huh?" That tone of voice was anything but sincere but she didn't care.

(Ooc: sorry for the short responses. Im on my phone so I Never know how long they are.. )
Zero (played by Forest)

(its okay!!)

Zero was setting up camp, barely listening to her talk. In fact he had been ignoring her completely until she got up and started to approach him. "what? oh my wound." he wanted to strangle her. She was persistent and obnoxious, why couldn't she just forget about his wound like any other normal human would have. "Its bothersome but I’ll live. I have had worse." He gracefully moved out of Johanna's range, so she couldn't touch him or unwrap the bandages. He still had no clue how he was going to explain it if she kept bothering. He couldn't tell her he was a dragon, that was out of the question.

Zero began to set up a small tent, it would only really fit one. Two if they slept on top of each other. "It's going to take us a while to get to the elves." He sighed "Too long if you ask me." he muttered to himself.

Annoyed she rested her hands in her sides and sighed. "Seriously, show me your wound. What do you have to hide?" Again, she walked towards him with one eyebrow lifted and eyes narrowed. Zero was being very mysterious and anyone who knew Johanna, knew that she loved mysteries. The fact that he was avoiding her, made her even more suspicious and curious.

Her eyes went over the very tiny tent. That wasn't gonna fit both of them. But her mind was again occupied with Zero's very annoying attitude. Instead of walking towards him again, she just stood there, looking at him, while tapping her foot. Her arms were crossed over each other and her fingers tapped on her arm aswell. Her eyes followed every move he made. It was weird how he could just move around like that, no single sign of pain. Actually, his whole person was strange. How he happend to walk past the carriage at the exact time that she was kidnapped, and how he knew so much about dragons, elves and other creatures. Almost like he was there for a reason.

And it finally hit her. She wasn't safe with him. He was one of them, here to actually kill her once they had what they wanted. What they wanted, she didn't know but she wasn't going to find out. Her attitude at that point changed like the wind and she smiled awkwardly at him. "You know what? You are right, I should mind my own business. How about I get some more wood for a fire. Key?" She quickly walked, almost ran towards the woods where her horse was and she kept smiling at him.
Zero (played by Forest)

Zero rolled his eyes and moved further away from Johanna. "seriously i'm fine." he snapped. Why couldn't she just let it go? "your being overly cautious and are worrying for no reason!" his temper was flaring. Humans were obnoxious, being stuck in human form was almost unbearable and the Elves were expecting him at least a day ago. Johanna had slowed down his travel time immensely, he would of been there by now if it wasn't for her. 'Of coarse the one time i decide to do something nice it bites me in the tail' he thought furiously, his green eyes glaring at her.

Zero knew something was off when her attitude changed. Her whole composure had changed. 'Now what?' he thought angrily to himself. But Zero's anger quickly subsided as he realized just how freaked Johanna actually was. Her heart rate had increased and she smelled like fear. Her pupils had dilated ever so slightly and her laugh was nervous and airy. What had caused this sudden of a change in her? "last time you wandered off you were almost eaten!" he exclaimed "there is no way in hell you are getting out of my sight." he followed her, long strides making it easy to catch up. "we already have enough fire wood anyways." What was she afraid of? Him? Zero almost wanted to throw his hands up in agitation. If he wanted to harm her he would of done it by now! In fact he wouldn't of saved her at all.

When Zero walked towards her, she jumped up agitated and she let out a tiny high pitched scream. Quickly she covered her mouth and awkwardly waved it away. "You can never have enough fire wood. " She smiled, her teeth showing way too much. "You stay here and relax, Johanna will take care of this. Okay?" Johanna turned to face her horse once more and started walking in that direction. She hoped that he would let her go so she could sneak of, she just needed to stay calm for a bit longer. But, she couldn't. Johanna suddenly felt really scared as she faced the woods and she couldn't stop herself any longer. Her feet started to carry her, faster and faster. Now for someone who got carried around everywhere, she was actually pretty fast. For a girl, she was actually really fast as she started to sprint towards the horse. All this fear did something to her mind and suddenly she was surrounded by flames. She stopped and she looked around as the flames started to get higher. Something about the whole scene calmed her down, like she liked the warmth on her skin. It didn't seem to really hurt her. For a second she was hypnotized by the flames. Pain was starting to alarm her. GET OUT OF THERE. But she couldn't move. What was hurting her? It wasn't the flames, they surrouneded her like a big safe cocoon.
Zero (played by Forest)

Zero's brows were furrowed in agitation as she kept babbling. She was scared half to death and from what he could only guess. "Johanna seriously what is wrong?" he asked as he started to walk after her. She then broke into a dead sprint. Zero let loose a string of curses that would make a sailor blush. Why was she trying so hard to get away from him? He saved her life on multiple occasions and was in the process of taking her somewhere safe.

"Johanna stop!" he shouted as she sprinted away. He himself broke into a sprint, one that was faster then it should of been. He moved at an inhuman speed and came to a crashing halt when fire irrupted around her. "stupid freaking princess had to go" the rest of his sentence was a muttered jumble of curses. "are you okay?" he called to her, he could see her through the flames. Normally he wouldn't of thought twice about walking through them to her. The fire couldn't hurt him even in human form. But that would just lead to more questions he didn't want to answer and another migraine.

Johanna could hear his voice but everything was so warm and bubbly, she was too calm to answer. Now she knew what hurt, her head. But still, the daze made her not care and she just stared out into the ocean of flames. "So pretty." she whispered. The flames started to die the moment she calmed down but it was already too late. Her nose was bleeding from doing too much. Her hand went to her face and she looked shocked when she saw the blood. "Whats happening?" Ofcourse, her being the wimp she was, the blood was too much and she fainted. Before blacking out, she could see something in the bushes. As she stumbled "Who's there?" her body gave up.
Zero (played by Forest)

He cursed and darted forward, catching her before she hit the ground. Of coarse she had to pass out, it was hist dumb luck. Holding her gently in his arms he picked her up and looked into the bushes. She had seen someone. His sense's were alert as he looked around. He had too much to worry about right now. Johanna had used up to much of her energy and used too much magic at once. It was like she ran a mile in five minutes without any prior training or stretching. He hissed, annoyed with the situation. Zero's startling green eyes were now glowing faintly and his teeth began to sharpen. Who ever was watching them was not going to live to tell the tail. "come out now and I might let you live."

When Zero called out to the guy, soft footsteps could be heard. First it was quiet but then a guy with a sword softly stepped out of the bushes. "We dont have to fight. Just hand her over and we can part ways with ease. I'll even give you a hundred gold pieces for her. In the end she is nothing to you but a pain in the ass." He smirked and walked towards them, very steady and calm. His eyes on Johanna as he tried to see if she was still breathing.

"I'm sure you don't want someone like her holding you, a powerful dragon, back." He grinned at his own remark and dared Zero with one look.
Zero (played by Forest)

One eyebrow hitched up in a questioning gaze. "ah so you have been the one following us." He walked over to a tree, keeping an eye on the other man, and gently laid Johanna on the ground. He turned to face the assassin. "You see I have become rather fond of this pain in my ass. Blame it on the whole 'kidnap princess' genes us dragons have." he spoke jokingly, as if the whole situation amused him. His swords were back on his horse a little further away, no help now. If he made a move for them the man would be on Johanna in seconds.

"I don't know whether to commend your bravery or call you a stupid, arrogant fool. You know what I am." Zero's eyes were now glowing and his pupils were reptilian slits. Zero began to change, he didn't have to worry about Johanna waking up. She would be out cold for a while. He grew taller and black scales began to cover his body. Horns were growing out of his head and his finer nails were growing into long, talon like claws.

"If you want the girl you will have to take her from me." His speech was more choppy as his teeth became long fangs and his jaw and nose elongated. He no longer looked like a human but a monster. A mix between a dragon and a human, like a werewolf. His breath was hot and smelled of rotting flesh. A strange substance dripped from his taloned hands. When it hit the ground it fizzled and hissed as it ate through the grass and dirt, it was acid.

The guy's eyes got big for a second. He chuckled as he was trying to hide his fear but his shaking hands gave it away. "I'm not scared of you. You dragons are so arrogant. An abomination." He almost spit out the words like they were filthy.
Without thinking he just charged with his sword in the air. The thing was, he was supposed to bring her home, if not he would be killed so no matter what happend, he would probably die. So charging was the only safe bet to him. He knew he had made a huge mistake once he looked into those big green eyes and he tried to pull back but it was too late.
Zero (played by Forest)

(I have to go eat dinner so i will be back in a few)

(Okay! )
Zero (played by Forest)

Zero almost felt bad for the would be assassin/kidnapper. The guy was stuck between trying to take the princess from a dragon or going back empty handed and dying. Zero grabbed the sword with his taloned hand, the scales covering his body protecting him from the bite of the sword. The man's own momentum brought his death as he charge onto Zero's other hand. His talons easily cut through flesh and his arm went right through the man. The deed was done as Zero pulled his arm back and let go of the sword. The look on the man's face was pained shock as he died. Zero sighed, the whole ordeal was annoying. Bending down he cleaned his arm and hand on the dead man's shirt before shifting back into his full human form. From there he went and fetched the horses. Zero tied Johanna's horse onto a lead so it would follow behind them.

With his horse Saddled and Johanna's being used as a pack horse Zero gently picked Johanna up and mounted his horse. It was best to put as much distance between themselves and the dead body. Johanna sat in front of Zero, slouched against his chest. One arm held the reins of the horse and another was wrapped loosely around Johanna's stomach and waist to make sure she didn't fall off the horse.

Johanna slowly woke up while they were still riding. She looked around and felt an arm around her. "Wait, what's happening?" She rubbed her eyes and her memory slowly came back. She then remembered what she felt towards Zero. "Stop! You are not gonna kill me, I'm not ready to die." Johanna started pulling his hand, trying to get loose from his grip. But she started thinking. Why wasn't she death yet? Maybe he needed her for something?

She calmed down. "So, what are you planning? Are you gonna take my fathers money first and then kill me? Or just kidnap me and ask for money later?" her tone was pretty snobby for her doing. You could tell that she was getting tougher, maybe she was just acting that way. "Was this your plan all along? Or just something you decided in the moment?"
Zero (played by Forest)

Zero sighed and held his arm firm, it wasn't that hard to keep his grip on her. "Silence women I have had enough with you." He sounded tired. They had been riding for a while, almost the whole night. The sun was starting to lighten the sky as it slowly began to rise. He was growing tired of her paranoia, if he really wanted to hurt her he would have done it ages ago. He would have killed her in the desert or let the giant sand worm eat her or left her in the forest to starve or let the assassin/kidnapper take her back to the people at court who wanted her dead.

"I do not want your father's money. If I wanted to hurt you you would be dead and dumped somewhere a long time ago." He continued to ride even though his body was sore. He hated riding horses for long periods of time, flying was so much easier and time efficient. "I'm bringing you with me to the elves because at this point it would be going out of my way to drop you off at home. After I bring you to the elves I’m dumping your ass back at the palace princess."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » DragonTails

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus