Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » DragonTails

Zero (played by Forest)

Zero chuckled but otherwise let her talk herself to sleep. He was an asshole because his father was? good theory although they were different types of assholes. Zero let her cry against him and didn't mind his shirt getting wet, he was going to get a new one anyways. He moved smoothly over the land with an inhuman grace, having no problems carrying Johanna.

He walked into town and went to the only inn. There weren't many people in the common room which was okay by Zero's standards. He approached the owner and got them a room. He silently climbed up the stairs and went to their room. It was small but would due. Two beds rested in separate corners and there was a small fireplace. Choosing the bed furthest from the door Zero laid Johanna down gently and tucked her under the blankets. He stood there for a moment and watched her sleep. She looks so worn and tired. "Humans are so fragile." he whispered to himself, brushing a lock of hair out of her face before turning to the fireplace. He crouched down and put enough wood in it to last them the night. Glancing over to make sure Johanna was still asleep he quickly breathed in and let a stream of fire jet out of his mouth and into the fireplace. The fire roared to life and Zero sighed, blowing smoke rings.

He stayed crouched in front of the fire for a while, staring into it. If someone were to look at him at that moment he would look anything but human. The light cast sharp shadows over him. His acid green eyes glew faintly and his pupils were reptilian slits. His features were sharp and his nails almost claw like. his eyebrows were ridges of scales and horns peaked out from his hair. But quickly as the features came they left. Zero stood up and took his swords off, resting them against his bed. He slipped his shoes and shirt off before settling onto his bed and falling asleep. Johanna could take a bath in the morning while he got the horses. He drifted to sleep watching the fire.
Johanna Annet (played by Victoriantruth) Topic Starter

Johanna woke up early in the morning when the sun was just out. It was a habit. At home she used to have to wake up early for classes and music lessons. When she got out of bed, she was greatful for Zero carrying her there. She looked over at the bed and saw him still sleeping, without his shirt on. Johanna blushed and quickly looked away. She had never seen a man with a naked chest. And she undestood why. Her father would not like what was happening with Johanna's face.

Instead of staying there, gazing at him, she went downstairs and got something to eat. When she was done, she brought some food to the room and medical supplies to clean his wound. He carried her when he was badly hurt, she atleast could bring him breakfast in return.
Zero (played by Forest)

Zero slept soundly the blankets twisted around him. He tossed and turned when he was asleep. Some part of him was aware of Johanna leaving the room which eventually caused him to wake. When his eyes finally fluttered open he was alone in the room. With a yawn he stood up and stretched. He inspected his wound and cursed. It was completely healed, Johanna would be extremely suspicious. Looking around frantically he undid his bandage. With a furious growl he took one finger, which was now a claw and reopened the wound. He winced and cleaned his finger on his shirt.

"obnoxious." was all he said as he moved to get his swords. Johanna walked in when he was tying his swords back to his belt. His shirt was still off exposing his well toned muscular chest. A few scars littered his muscles and the tattoo on his left bicep was visible. It was four strange symbols.

"Oh, you're awake." She said blushing again and looking away. The food got placed on the tiny table next to Zero's bed and she quickly returned to her own and got busy with making it. Not that it needed to be made, she was just keeping her self busy, so she wouldn't gaze at Zero's toned body.

"So did you sleep well?" Her voice was weird and pitchy. Johanna coughed and continued. "How's your wound?" Her hands were busy trying to make the bed crinkle free even though it was since a minute ago. While she fluffed the pillow, she thought about sneaking another peak but she was afraid he might notice and get all cocky about it, so she didn't.
Zero (played by Forest)

Zero smirked instantly recognizing Johanna's embarrassment. And so being the ass that he was he left his shirt off although he did have the decency not to point her discomfort out. "my wound is healing nicely and I slept very well. How about yourself?" he was being somewhat nice, he glanced at her before moving to the food. He sat down and started to pick at his food, his back turned to her. But his whole body was toned so his shoulder and back were also muscular in a lean sort of way. A tattoo snaked up his back to the base of his neck. It was a bunch of symbols and strange designs that flowed nicely and looked good.

" I didn't get horses last night so we can just get them on our way out of town." he said between bites, thinking of the large herd of horses. "Your father gets his horses from this town. They have great steeds here"

Johanna tried her best to keep herself busy for aslong as she could but at one point she had to turn arund so she did, just to see his shirt was still off. A bit flustered she sat down on the bed and focused on a stain on the floor while responding. "I slept great. And sure we can do that."

Her eyes kept going to his back and each time she felt her cheeks getting red. She got up and walked towards the door. "Euhm-I-euhm I'm just gonna go outside and euhm-smell some flowers." If she wasn't in the room, she would've smacked herself on the head. What the hell was wrong with her? It was just some skin. Johanna quietly shook her head, rolled her eyes and went through the door. When in the hallway she mumbled to her self. "Really? Smell flowers was the best you could come up with? Stupid.."
Zero (played by Forest)

As soon as the door closed behind Johanna Zero broke out in laughter although he tried his best to keep it quite. He couldn't help it. It was just so obvious that she found him attractive and he didn't mind that sort of attention. Zero quickly finished the meal and dressed quickly. He threw his dirty shirt back on with a wrinkle of his nose. He would need to get provisions for himself if he was going to be traveling as a human.

He put the fire and glanced around the room, to see if he was forgetting anything. He had his swords, his clothes. Johanna had her things. Well everything was accounted for. He turned and left the room closing the door behind him and glanced around for Johanna. Upon seeing her he smiled and said "we can get clothes and provisions first then horses." without waiting for her he headed down the stairs.

Johanna nodded and followed him, all the while staying quiet. While looking around town she couldn't help but notice how quiet it was. Why weren't there any posters hanging up with her face on them? Why weren't there any announcements about her dissapearance? Everything about it seemed off and she didn't like it at all.

Down stairs she turned to Zero. "So, do you want me to look at your wound first?" She asked with a confused gaze, her mind clearly not in that moment. "I can maybe clean it out so it doesn't get infected." Then she realized that he was bitten with poison. "Hold on, weren't you supposed to be dead by now?" That seemed to pull her out of her current though bubble. She frowned as she grabbed his arm and looked at the wound. "What the hell happend to it? That doesn't look like a day old wound, that looks like an hour old wound."
Zero (played by Forest)

Zero pulled away from her grip scowling. "I accidentally opened it this morning." he responded sharply. "And it wasn't poison it was a paralytic, i would of been paralyzed." Zero tried not to respond so harshly but he really didn't need her thinking too much about it. "plus we have bigger worries." He said trying to pull her attention away from his wound. "Like how you are going to get home by yourself." He looked her over, she would defiantly die on her own but he needed to get to the elves. He if didn't get to the elves in time more people then just her would die.

People shouted out, advertising their goods and services. Zero ignored them as he lead them through the crowd of the market. He led them to a clothes vendor and gestured to Johanna "fit her with traveling clothes, trousers not skirts. Get her sturdy boots and something warm." he pulled out a swollen pouch and opened it up handing the lady four gold coins. "keep the change"

"I thought you were gonna take me with you to the elves, afterwards come with me to my father for a reward?" She said as she shook her head towards the trousers. "No, I'm still a princess, if my father sees me like this. He'll freak out for sure." She pointed towards a skirt. Why she suddenly had the need to wear a skirt was because of the fact that it didn't seem like her father was looking for her. Worried as she was, she didn't wanna upset him even more.

She frowned at the thought of going back alone. Also, she didn't know what was waiting her at home. Something fishy was going on. Her father would've been riding around looking for her by now, why wasn't he?
Zero (played by Forest)

(i forgot about that sorry)

Zero smacked his forehead "Ouie! I forgot. Yes, yes we will go together" He sighed and looked at the skirt she picked out. It wasn't too fancy but still, skirts would get in the way if they had to run. The shopkeeper fetched what Johanna picked out as Zero picked out a new shirt for himself and a vest.

From the corner of his eye Zero spotted movement. Not the usual movement of people walking around. It wasn't the busy people in the market he saw. It was the movement of someone very skilled in staying unseen. Zero huffed, someone was tailing them. More likely someone was tailing Johanna. He glanced at his companion. She had just been loads of trouble since he found her in the desert. "So horses next after we change?" he turned his full attention back to her although he kept the shadow in his mind.

"Sure, I guess. We should probably leave soon if we want to have some miles between now and the next sun set." She went behind one of the curtains and started to change. First she looked around to make sure nobody was looking and then she struggled with putting on her clothes. "So, euhm how does this go. Hold on.. Euhm." She had only been dressed in her life, never did she have to put on her own clothes so this was something new and confusing.

She struggled and panted out loud as she tried to pull the cords on her corset. "Hmm okay. So this is here?" She said softly to herself. "Dammit, no." Exhausted as she was she looked around in despiration.

(No problem!)
Zero (played by Forest)

Zero nodded and went into a changing room himself. Unlike Johanna he changed rather quickly and was out within moments. He stood outside her changing stall and waited for her to emerge but it soon became obvious that she was struggling. Zero sighed and ran a hand through his hair. He was leaned against a post in a perfect position to watch people pass by. He was looking for their mysterious shadow. Without tearing his eyes from their surroundings he cleared his throat and said "do you need help princess?" he couldn't keep the smirk from creeping onto his face or keep the amusement out of his voice. While Johanna had no experience getting dressed Zero had plenty of experience undressing females and helping them dress again.

While panting from struggling to put on her clothes Johanna rolled her eyes at Zero. "Euhm yeah no, I don't need your help." She hesitated and popped her head from behind the curtains. "Euhm, maybe the female clerk could help me?" She asked quietly. When she saw the girl nodding, she sighed out of relieve. "Maybe you could teach me how to do this, so I don't have to ask next time." Again, the female nodded and went behind the curtain aswell.

As she explained how it all worked Johanna looked carefuly and tried to memorize everything. When finally dressed she came from behind the curtains and pulled her clothes. "Wow, this fabric really itches. Why is it so weird?" She cringed while scratching her neck and shoulders. Then she realised, the fabric wasn't as expensive as the stuff she usually wore. Quickly she shut up and nodded to the girl. "Thank you for explaining." Then turned to Zero and walked out towards the crowd outside of the stand. "Lets go then."
Zero (played by Forest)

Zero rolled his eyes. Of coarse she wouldn't let him help but you can't blame a guy for trying. So he waited as Johanna was taught how to dress. While he was waiting he came to the conclusion that the human royalty wasn't really prepared to live life outside the palace walls, at least female Royalty. He was sure her brother knew how to fight, hunt and navigate on his own. For a moment Zero wished that Johanna was her brother. He would of been less of a hassle to deal with. Although, he glanced at Johanna as she came out, he wouldn't of been as fun to mess with.

the clothes she wore were expensive just not as expensive and high quality that she was used to. They were also a tad more revealing than her previous outfit which made Zero smirk devilishly. He followed her silently out of the stall while flipping the girl a silver for a tip. With new clothes they just had to get horses. Zero quickly caught up to Johanna and led her through the crowd with one hand on her lower back. He was still aware that they were being followed but remained relaxed. "So princess how was your learning experience? I think I would of been a much better teacher." He glanced down at her, the smirk still on his face. The clothes he wore were tight fitting and showed off his toned body.
OOC sorry" this is my other account. I forgot to change it to my current one :s

She shook her head and ignored him, instead she kept pulling on her clothes. The front was pretty low cut and she felt weird with it. It was like they could fall out at any moment and the stares didn't help at all. Also, her arms were completely naked and Johanna wasn't used to the cold. "So, were are we gonna get the horses?" She asked, still pulling and cringing each time a man looked down instead of looking at her face.

Johanna got distracted by posters of wanted people and she wondered why there wasn't any of her being missing. "Euhm, I guess my father is pretty busy huh." She said trying to sound cassual but once again failing. Johanna wasn't a subtle person and she was never gonna be even though she thought she was.
Zero (played by Forest)

Zero watched her out of the corner of his eye as he lead him to the outskirts of the market. "Over there." he responded with a quick gesture. He was referring to a small stall at the edge of the town, behind it was a large fenced in area with close to five horses within. They were all stunning creatures. Zero noticed that Johanna was cold and felt somewhat guilty. He had intentionally brought her to one of the more, well, revealing clothing stores. Especially for women. So with a sigh he pulled out his cloak from his rucksack and held it out to her. It would keep her warm and cover her shoulders at least.

It was extremely odd that there weren't posters everywhere about Johanna's kidnapping or guards rushing about. Perhaps news hadn't reached this far yet, after all she had only been missing for a day. But Zero had a different theory. One that involved their mysterious shadow. "I'm sure he is looking. We are still pretty far from the castle so the news probably hasn't reached this town yet."

Johanna got confused at first when he gave her his cloak. Why would he give that to her? He was being nice? But she took the cloak anyway without saying anything about it. "Thanks." She said soft while she put the cloak around her shoulders. It was warm and she, immediatly felt warmer. The only thing revealing was her cleavage but she pulled the sides of the cloak so that it wasn't as noticable.

"I guess you're right." Johanna thought about it and decided to let it go for now. Her father would look for her, she hoped. "Oh, we should take you to a doctor or something. So he can check out your shoulder." She said while looking at it. It was strange how his wound had healed. At first she thought she was just wrong but the more she thought about it, the more she knew something wasn't right. He had been bitten with a peralizing poison and yet, nothing happend. She had done enough reading to know that people don't just heal magically from a wound like that.
Zero (played by Forest)

Zero held in an annoyed sigh. She wasn't going to let the topic of his wound drop. They would have to waste money on a healer so the healer could tell Johanna that he was going to be fine and was lucky while in reality he bribed the healer to lie. Zero sighed this time. What a pain.

They approached the stall and Zero smiled, greeting the herd owner kindly. "we can go to a healer when we get back to the castle." he said to her before he launched into a conversation with the owner of the herd. It was mostly bartering with a few questions here or there. After a few long moments Zero turned his attention back to Johanna. "Which one do you want?" he asked, gesturing to the horses. He had already picked out a stallion that he would purchase and he felt that Johanna should get a say in which horse she got.

Throughout the whole bartering process Zero kept a mindful eye on their shadow. Whoever was tailing them was good at it. To bad Zero was better, he also had an advantage with no actually being human.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » DragonTails

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus