Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » DragonTails

Zero (played by Forest)

Zero cleaned the blood off his sword on one of the fallen men's shirts, he then sheathed it. With an effortless bound and jump he was on the cart, crouched in front of Johanna. "I wouldn't say I encouraged them. Just made my intentions clear." He stated simply, his bright green eyes watching her struggle. A tattoo was visible on his upper left bicep and at this close a proximity Johanna could see just how toned he actually was. He sat on his heels and watched her squirm, fighting against the ropes.

He had half a mind to leave her there and continue on his way. In fact the only thing that stopped him from doing just that was the amount of yelling and shouting she would do. And since his senses were far superior than humans he would hear her screams for miles. He didn't particularly care that she might starve to death if he left her.

Zero reached forward like he was going to untie her but simply poked her arm. "I understand why you would want to be a dragon. Human bodies are so pathetically fragile and squishy." he poked her arm again. "Not mine of coarse." He poked her again "I mean really what good are they? Humans are bound to the earth like worms. They are born in dirt and squallier, grow up and work themselves to death and then die, returning to the dirt in which they were born." Zero huffed ceasing his poking. "although I don't think you would make a very good dragon." With that he stood up and retrieved his other sword from the dead cart driver, also cleaning it on the dead mans shirt. He gave the sword a nice flourish and then pointed it at Johanna, placing the tip under her chin. For a moment it looked like he was going to kill her. But in a flash he cut her binds and returned his sword to its sheath.

OOC: Extremely. They will be quite a pair haha
Johanna Annet (played by Victoriantruth) Topic Starter

When she was loose, she quickly got up, rubbed her arms and stomach. "Thank you. For cutting me loose and the added bonus insults! Those were the highlight of my day. Really!" Her arms, she threw them in the air, no emotion at all, as she faked the excitement she felt. Her eyes went over the scene, looking at the dead bodied as she tried to hold in the vomit. Goosebumps formed on her skin, and that told her to get out of there. So she did. Carefully, she got on her knees, sat down at the edge of the cart and crawled out of it.

"Also, I would make a great dragon. But again, why would you believe me? You have known me for as long as 10 minutes, correct? Ofcourse you'd know everything about me, all the things that would make me a good or bad dragon." As she turned to the guy, she stuck out her hand. "Anyway, even though I love all this judging and all these insults being thrown at me, I'm gonna thank you anyway. For saving me, accidently." Now, you'd think that she'd show more gratitude but her face was neutral.

With a short and firm handshake, she turned her back to leave the conversation. A quick scratch on the head, showed that she didn't really know where to go but she shrugged and started walking anyway she felt like.
Zero (played by Forest)

"They aren't insults" Zero said as he followed her out, moving fluidly. "just some truths." he added as he gracefully jumped down from the cart. He moved like an elf although it was very unlikely that he was one, they didn't leave their woodland realm in the north. But his ears were slightly pointed and his eyes were to bright a green.

He didn't move far from the cart and accepted the short handshake. "Of coarse I would know what would make you a good or bad dragon. I'm a dragon expert after all." There was a glimmer of amusement in his voice as he said this. It was unknown to humans that dragons could take on a human form and dragons intended to keep it that way. "And I didn't save you accidentally." he added with some annoyance in his voice. "Saving you accidentally would of been like...tripping and my sword accidentally killing the leader. While I didn't really care if you lived or died I did intentionally save you. I could of let that nasty cart driver kill you." Zero huffed, crossing his arms. He watched her walk away, heading off into the desert.

she is definitely going to die from dehydration or starvation he thought as he watched her wander away. She seemed to pick another random direction and just walked. Nope. not if she goes that way. The nargs will get her first Zero didn't know what the human's called Nargs but they are large snake like creatures that could easily devour a horse. They burrowed through the sand like they were swimming through water.

Zero shrugged and turned to leave, he knew where he was going and he knew where he was. It was plainly obvious that he was not lost, while it was painfully obvious that Johanna had no clue where she was or how to get back home.

"You don't know me. Don't forget that there is a difference between the truth and your truth." She shrugged lightly and turned around. Slowly with her hands in the air, she walked, eyes closed. When she stepped 4 steps to the north, she stopped and got on her knees. Both of her hands were put on the sand and she started mumbling something. "Aquam, venerunt ad me. Aquam, venerunt ad me" The sand moved a little, and a twig that layed there got picked up by Johanna. Easy, she put it in the palm of her hand.

"Okay, now lets go home." With a pep in her step, she proceeded to walk. Somewhere, this was the beginning of a new life for her. In these few last days, she had been through more, then her entire life put together. It was exciting and an adventure. At least, thats how she thought about it. "Come on Johanna. For once in your life, take the bull by the balls and whatever the rest of the saying is..."
Zero (played by Forest)

Zero sighed and turned around, feeling slightly bad for her. She was still headed in the direction of the Narg nest. "If you go that way you are going to be eaten." He said tiredly, "In fact if we both don't leave this area soon we will be eaten. The Narg's will be drawn by the smell of blood and death." When he said 'we' he really meant Johanna. He could easily take on a nest of Nargs. In fact as a yearling he went with his brother and did just that.

The wind picked up slightly bringing a musky smell with it. To a human's nose it smelled like normal desert wind. But Zero could smell what humans could not. "In fact, we should go now." He walked over to her with long strides and grabbed her wrist, his grip tight. He was intending to drag her off, away from the impending danger. But he knew that she would more than likely fight him.

When he gripped her, she just looked at him with an annoyed look. Her eyes going from his arm to his face, then again to his hand around her wrist and again to his face. "I would really like it if you let go of me. Also, we? Who we? You and your ego?" She shuckled at her mean comment. At any other circumstances, she'd gasped at her being mean, something she never was. But for now, she felt like she could be whoever she wanted to be. Rude and a smartass.

"Anyway, my water spell told me that water is that way." Her finger pointed in the other directions, then he was going to drag her off to. "By the way, you don't care about what happens to me. Why would you want me along for your trip?" As she said that, she losened his fingers from around her wrist, one by one, softly and steady.
Zero (played by Forest)

Zero's eyes narrowed at her comment about his ego. He didn't care what she said about him or how she acted. And it was true that he didn't care what happened to her. "Idiot." he hissed "the nargs, giant snakes that will eat you, nest near water. If you get killed by nargs they will find your body in pieces, and it will look like a dragon kill. Then war will break out and many people will die." He dropped her hand and turned, walking away at a brisk pace, heading out of the desert. "your actions might not have consequences in the palace your highness but out here they do." He talked to her like she was a child and in a sense compared to him she was. She was an extremely sheltered 21 year old human. He was a well traveled, battle hardened, 419 year old dragon.

Her bottom lip dropped in disbelieve. "Look, I'm sorry if I insulted you, but you haven't stopped judging me from the moment we met, even from before that. How about you don't judge me, you don't know me! And I'll take back my comment, since I don't know you." She nodded, one eyebrow arched while her jaw tensed up. She didn't know what his problem was, but she didn't ask for any of this.

"Also, I may be a princess but I'm far from being a highness, for sure if it was up to me. And I don't need your respect, since I haven't deserved it yet but you don't know what its like to be me. Aswell, as I don't know how it is to be you. So how about we stop this attitude and act like grown ups?" She may have been a dreamer, but if there was something that she didn't like, something she tried to live by was not to judge people.

Not even wanting to wait for a decent answer she proceeded to walk the other way, the way he told her to go. "Your highness.. Please!" Again, she talked to herself as she walked with a bit of speed. The snake thingies were on her mind and she didn't feel like getting eaten any time soon.
Zero (played by Forest)

OOC: I have to write and essay then sleep. its like 3 in the morning for me and I have to go to school in three hours. I'll respond after school

OOC: Sure! Take your time with responding. Goodnight!
Zero (played by Forest)

Zero snorted but remained quite. Act like an adult? Human adults were just as bad as human teenagers maybe even worse. "Whatever you say princess." Was his only response as he continued to walk, at a rather fast pace. In the distance came a blood curdling screech that echoed through the air. He turned and grabbed her arm again pulling her against him as a giant hole opened up under her.

"great, just freaking great" He muttered angrily. He had stopped walking, his eyes scanning the ground. Zero really didn't care if Johanna didn't like being pulled around. At this moment in time it was best for her own safety. The hole turned out to be a mouth that quickly closed, sand filling it back in.

At that close a proximity to Zero she could smell him. He smelt faintly of mountains and a campfire with just a hint of something exotic. His body was tense, ready to move. "they are circling us." he murmured, his head tilted like he was listening to something. One hand held her against him, around her waist while the other rested on his sword, not yet unsheathed. "Its vital to your survival that you listen to me princ-" his sentence ended as a yell and he jerked them backwards narrowly avoiding falling into the gaping mouth of a narg that opened up under them. Johanna could get a good look at the thing. The mouth was filled with rows of razor sharp teeth and it had a long, whip like tongue. "their Silva can paralyze you!" he warned.

When Johanna was pulled so suddenly, you heared a sharp high 'Ieeep'. Not pleased with how he grabbed her, she wanted to start yelling at him. "Don't tou-" But then her eyes caught the big monster and all his tiny razor teeth. You could hear her gasp as she stuttered to say something. "OOH, L-lord, what-is t-that?" Afraid and shocked, she quickly turned her head, so it was on Zero's chest, her hands pulling his shirt so she could hide. Being in that position, she shook her head and mumbled. "No no no no. What is going on?"

Realising that she was being rather intimate with Zero, she quickly moved her head and body again, so it wasn't as close but still safe. "Euhm, well." Her voice got weird and pitchy as she tried to act normal while actually feeling awkward. "What do you want me to do?" While she sounded strong and ready to take any order from Zero, she was quit afraid. At this rate, she wouldn't make it home. At least not alive.
Zero (played by Forest)

Zero didn't seem to notice Johanna's actions or if he did he simply ignored them. He was focusing on their unseen enemy. "well" he started, sounding extremely serious "you can start by telling me i'm pretty." He glanced down at her and flashed a charming smile. Of coarse he was just being an ass and joking around. He suddenly pulled them to the side as another hole opened up. Soon the Narg would realize its sneak attacks weren't working and would expose itself. They just had to survive until then. He pulled them to the side again and soon it looked like they were doing an awkward dance. He was just glad that Johanna was to freaked out to question how he knew when they would strike.

She looked up at him and raised one of her eyebrows. "How about you tell ME I'm pretty?" A bright, wide grin was shown and she looked back at the man holding her. After a couple of times being thrown back and forth she got a bit annoyed. "Do you have to be so rough?" She could feel his hand around her arm and it hurt a bit. Pain, wasn't something she was used to, not like that anyway. "Thank you for my bruises by the way. It'll be a nice souvenire for when I go home."

"Now what? Are we just gonna stand here? With you pulling me from one side to the other?" She rolled her eyes. She didn't feel comfortable at all, being so close to him. She wouldn't, not only with him, with anyone. It was always her, between 4 walls and her brother being served by servants. Nothing exciting ever happend. Especially in the love department. Her father did throw her a ball once, so she could meet her future husband, but he changed his mind when her mom said that she wanted Johanna to wait. Her mom hoped, like Johanna, that she would meet someone and marry out of love, just like she did with Johanna's father.

"So, what are we gonna do?" She yelled as she tapped her foot.
Zero (played by Forest)

"you are royalty, you have servants to tell you that you're pretty." Zero shot back with a grin. "And hey if you like them that much i'll give you some more." He didn't sound like he was joking about giving her more bruises but he had to be. He wouldn't intentionally hurt a girl, right? Suddenly he stopped moving and released Johann'a kinda flinging her to the side. With one fluid motion he drew both his swords. "Stay out of the way princess." he warned as the ground in front of him erupted in a flurry of sand. "and avoid getting licked by the thing." he glanced at her quickly then back to the Narg. If he was in his true form the creature wouldn't of even attacked. But every creature knew that humans were easy to prey.

The creature that was in front of them was a mix of a snake and worm. It was defiantly ugly looking. It also appeared to have no eyes. It was sand colored and its long tongue hung out of its mouth. It dripped with its paralytic saliva. While its tongue looked like any normal, extremely long monster tongue it was actually razor sharp. "alright big boy lets dance." Zero said as he prepared for it to strike. His eyes were emotionless and a gleeful smile was on his face. Like he enjoyed fighting. Within his emotionless eyes was a hard glint. If a stranger were to observe from a far they would be able to tell just how dangerous the man was. They could tell that he was an experienced killer and actually enjoyed fighting. He wasn't the same person he was two seconds ago.

The Narg's tongue shot forward at blinding speeds, just a blur of motion. Zero dodge and moved to cut the things tongue off but the Narg was to fast. Its tongue was already moving. Zero dodged, a string of curses erupting from his mouth. Both dodges were close calls. The Narg lunged but not at Zero. Realizing this a second too late Zero moved, everything seemed to go in slow motion as the narg lunged, mouth full or razor teeth sent to devour Johanna. Zero was two steps behind and wouldn't make it in time to get them both out of their unharmed. Zero got there just in time. He was facing Johana, face surprisingly calm as the snake like thing gnawed at his shoulder. His longish black hair fell in his face that was bent forward like he was in prayer. "You kay?" he asked, breath hitching. The Narg released Zero's shoulder and moved back for another strike. Zero staggered when it let him go, he leaned on one of his swords.

Everthing happend so fast. All Johanna could do was stand there and see Zero being bitten by that monster. At that point she got so mad. She formed fists and yelled at the creature. "Stop being mean!" When she said that, the creature caught fire. Johanna jumped 10 feet in the air as she saw what happend. "What the hell?"

Quickly she turned to Zero. At first she was really mad at him. "Are you kidding me? Why would you do that? You could've easily let me get hurt, I'm not the one keeping us alive! Now look what you've done, because of your heroic arrogance, we will both die. Just great!" She sniffed and calmed down to then get very concerned. "I'm okay, are you?" Her voice was soft and warm. She helped him to the side while the creature was still burning. "Sit down please." She said, her tone showing that she wouldn't take no for an answer, yet still caring and soft. She ripped a piece of her dress, making it shorter and raggier then before. She put it around his shoulder, pulling hard so it would stop his wound from bleeding out. "This is just temporary, once we get to a place with water, I can clean your wound. Maybe, if we are lucky and find some herbs, I can heal it properly." She had been getting lessons in magic, especially healing magic. Nothing super powerfull, just enough to help someone survive. Her father had told her that she wouldn't be anything with that skill, thank god for her stubborness.
Zero (played by Forest)

Zero's eyes narrowed as he watched the Narg burn. Its screams of agony echoing throughout the desert. He watched her with slight suspicion but decided to ask questions later. His shoulder throbbed and he gritted his teeth as he sat down, dropping his swords on the ground.

"gosh make up your mind women. I get yelled at for not caring if you die then I get yelled at for saving you." he muttered with a roll of his eyes. "Next time i'll let you die okay?" He let her bind his wound and listened to her talk, to tired at the moment to interrupt. Johanna was very lucky that Zero wasn't actually a human. If he were they would both be in a load of trouble. That bite had enough paralytic to paralyze Zero for easily a day. But luckily Zero was a dragon and a special kind of dragon. He had the very rare ability of poisons and toxins. He could produce them and was immune to them.

Zero sighed sheathed his swords. "There is a small town a half days travel from here. They should have everything we need." He looked her up and down, wrinkling his nose. "we can also get you knew clothes there, you look hideous." there was the normal, insulting Zero. A smile was on his face as he said it though alluding that he was actually joking, although her dress was rather dirty and ratty. "I mean If I didn't know better I would of thought you were a peasant."

He slowly got to his feet, while he was immune to poisons and toxins it took a little for his body to kick in. His movements were sluggish and stiff, making him very uncomfortable. Zero smirked and gave her a ridiculous looking bow. "The names Zero by the way. Pleasure to formally make your acquaintance Princess."

"I'm sorry." She looked at him with a serious face. At this point she didn't wanna make him mad, he could use his energy for other things. While she checked out if the wound wouldn't bleed through the cloth, her face focused, kneeled infront of him, she observed his face. He wasn't like other guys. Well, for as far as she had met guys, he didn't seem to be wanting to dazzle her or impress her. Even though his judging attitude, she hated, it was very nice to not be adored or treated like a doll.

"I don't think you'll make it that far. Maybe if I can find some herbs while we travel there. But without, you'll die from bloodloss or infection, especially with the deadly suliva in your blood." When he insulted her, she shrugged. "I like looking like a peasant. I actually don't care how I look. I know! Shocking!" She kept her face straight as she threw her arms in the air to give her fake suprised face some strength.

As he got up, she pushed her shoulder under his arm, wrapping his arm around her shoulder and holding it with her right hand. "Pleased to meet you Zero. How about you lean on me?" Her head was bowed to the ground to see where she was going. Then she stopped and looked at him from where she was standing. "I'm Johanna, but please call me Anna. And no more bowing or calling me princess. Right now I'm nothing more then a girl on her way home." Her smile was warm and friendly.
Zero (played by Forest)

Zero sighed, he would be incredibly angry if he passed out from blood loss. "Its really okay." It had been a while since he fought in his human form and he had forgotten how weak his body was. "being human is so annoying." he murmured angrily. He was a dragon! Yet he was reduced to having to lean on another to move. "I wouldn't worry about the saliva" he said nonchalantly even though his muscles were tensing up. His human body was taking longer to fight the poison then if normal body would.

Zero sighed, what had he gotten himself into? accompanying a human! Her status didn't even seem to help. His pride was damaged. He was reduced to depending on a human. His father would be furious. His father... Zero sighed again. Unknown to Johanna she was actually in the presence of another royal, or at least the illegitimate son of a king.

"when we get out of the desert there should be some streams in the woods." Zero offered up. It had been a while since he traveled through these parts but he was fairly confident in his ability to get them where they had to go. "So princess, you like looking bad? Perhaps we could get you trousers in stead of a dress then." He teased tiredly.

"Okay, great. You'll be back to normal in no time." She started to walk, very slow, towards where he said the stream was. Now, she had never done anything fysical, not like this. Most of the time she was brought around by horse. But now she had to walk and not just walk, she had to walk while helping someone else walk. This was gonna be very tiring, she already knew. And part of that made her angry, she felt weak and that was something she didn't like so she sucked it up and didn't complain.

"Sure, I bet its easier to wear pants then a skirt. No need for sitting proper." Her head was bowed down to the ground again, trying to look where she was going. After hearing him say princess again, she knew he wasn't gonna stop so she didn't even say anything about it. All her strength and energy was gonna have to towards getting them where they needed to go.

"Anyway, so you have elemental magic huh? Nice work with the creature." She said, not knowing that, what she had seen, was her powers showing after being trapped for a long time. "So, what other elements can you bend? Maybe some water?"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » DragonTails

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus