Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Planning [closed for discussion]

durgan

guess your explaining what they are :-P
sinspired Topic Starter

the glascoor is the main race. i don't really know what i can compare them to, but they start almost everything that goes on, they're the most skilled, they're the most experienced, they've been around the longest, and they've got the largest population. however, they also suffer from a crippling lack of loyalty. people think that they made the cynosure, and they're often looked at as if they're supposed to be keeping intergalactic law enforced
sinspired Topic Starter

(heh, yea, sorry i'm a bit of a slow typer!)
durgan

its all good ok yeah will do something with that and you can see what you think
durgan

when we figure out a name for the community ill swap out the word galatic community for whatever its called :-P
durgan

Human

Membership: 30 Years

Culture: Humanity has a diversified culture unlike many of the other member races of the community. While the Humans have a single ruling government that is dedicated to furthering humanities well being by keeping the peace both internally as well as externally, as well as through exploration, colonization, and research and development. There are some elements of the human race that rebel against the this single ruling government either through violence against their own species or others, or by mass exodus and isolation.

Rarity: Once humanity developed the ability for FTL travel they have spread quickly among local star clusters of their home world. Humanity has also taken a key role in trade and commerce in the galactic community making them a common sight. There have been sightings of human colonies deep outside of their territories but nothing of major significant.

Technology: Humanity started out well behind the technology curve when they first encountered the galactic community. Through trade, espionage, and conflict humanity has caught up significantly to the other races. Humanity primarily uses energy based laser weapons with missile batteries to support them. Humanities ships have been develop to take intensive wear and tear due to the lack of shield technology for so many years. Humanities recent development in shield technology has been slow and has developed fairly weak shielding.

Brief Bio: Humanities first encounter with alien races was one filled with conflict and turmoil and they inadvertently came across a Utex war fleet. The Utex quickly began systematically wiping out all signs of humanity they came across. The Glascoor stepped in and stopped the Utex in their tracks, the reason for the Glascoor intervention was never discovered but this gave humanity the time they needed to recover. Humanity pushed back and forced the Utex to flee Human controlled space, this show of perseverance and force was noticed by the other major races of the Galactic community and a formal invitation was offered to Humanity. Since then the Humans have quickly become a key race in the overall galactic community.
durgan

ok give that a quick read and tell me what you think
sinspired Topic Starter

awesome! would you mind terribly if, when i put it on Lola's page under races, I re-wrote it a little? i'll probably format some of the essential info differently, but all the important pieces will be kept
durgan

no feel free to do whatever you want im just giving you a suggestion and seeing if i can help out
sinspired Topic Starter

okay :3 thanks so much
durgan

want me toss together another one for you?
durgan

thought maybe a vicious Utex race hehe
sinspired Topic Starter

if you want! or we could toss around some stuff about the universe, or some things deeply pertinent to a character you'd like to make to play against lola with
sinspired Topic Starter

oh! sure, if you've got ideas for them, go ahead~
durgan

i figure we do 4 or 5 races just for the core community
sinspired Topic Starter

alrighty~
sinspired Topic Starter

do you consider the core community to be a base amount of races, or the primary races that would be encountered?
durgan

think like mass effect
durgan

you had the counsel races and they were in the main story line
durgan

there were other minor ones mentioned and encountered but the core gave you a base to start the story from

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Planning [closed for discussion]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus