Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Into the future's past.[w/libsterization]

Lina Mordino (played by Victoriantruth)

It was 2014 and Lina was standing out in a very strange inviroment, one she wasn't used to at all. All brick buildings with windows and curtains, clean streets and weird cars, atlast she assumed they were cars. The streets were pretty busy, it was a friday night but she didn't understand that that was normal. Where she came from, everything was high tech and dark. No more then 2.3 billion walked the earth, because of the flood in 3054. Now, it was her job to stop that from happening.

Lina Mordino was a very uncomplicated person, if she didn't like you that was very clear. And it was very hard to make her like you. She liked danger and extreme situations. Her job was her life, she didn't have alot of relationships beside it and didn't care for it. Maybe that was because of past events in her own future, maybe because she had given up to be important to anyone, her job being so dangerous and her potential death lurking behind every corner. It was probably a combination.

Lina stood in front of a house. It was 2 AM and she observed the person in the house. A young girl, who was supossed to make a difference. She sincerely hissed at the thought. How could a foolish little, human girl make the difference? Nevermind what she thought, her supirior had send her here and she was gonna succeed. Even if the danger of her not exciting in the future was very big. It was a sacrifice she was willing to take for personal reasons.
If Maddie had been a normal person her age, she would have been sleeping, or partying, after all, it was Friday night (Well, Saturday morning, but who really cared?). No, instead she was up reading in bed. She glanced out her window, thinking she saw movement. But she then realized it was probably a squirrel or something. So she leaned her head back and cracked open the cover and started to read again, until she fell asleep, her copy of Four laying open on her stomach, her lamp still on, and soft snores escaping her mouth.
Lina Mordino (played by Victoriantruth) Topic Starter

Lina waited until the girl fell asleep and used her virtual key to get in without making anyone on the street suspicious. After looking around at the strange things people kept and collected, she found the girls room. Lina sat in the big chair next to Maddie's bed and watched the girl sleep. The book in her hand, she took and looked at it. Books, they were a history item where she came from. The only books exciting, where safe in the national museum, in special boxes made to preserve anything ancient.

She set aside the book and leaned forward, so her head was closer to Maddie. Her head rested on her hand, that same arm leaned on her leg. "So, what makes you so special?"
Maddie jumped as she woke up, her heart was pounding. She didn't bother responding to the question, she just tried not to freak out. "What are you doing in my room?!" she asked, climbing out of bed at the opposite side in order to get away from the intruder. "How'd you get in here?" she asked frantically, feeling behind her to see if she could get some sort of weapon to defend herself. She found nothing.

"Please don't freak out." Her voice sounded annoyed, her face emotional as she leaned back in the chair and put both of her legs, crossed at the heel, on the bed. "My name is Lina, and I'm send from the future for you." The lines were said as if she had studied them for today.

"Now, you can try and look for a weapon, but you won't do any harm. So instead of trying to escape, sit down and let me explain because if you run, I'll find you. And it wont be pretty, I don't ask twice." Her left eyebrow was arched as she looked at her nails.
Maddie shuddered and sat down. "Sure, don't freak out... How does one not freak out?! I mean, you broke in my house and you say you're from the future. Clearly you're insane!" She shook her head with a sigh and finally calmed down and decided it might be best to shut up and listen the intruder, just in case.

"Oh right, I forgot that in this age, people are weird and not used to time travel." A big sigh was followed by Lina getting up and walking towards the human. "Here let me show you." First she took of her jacket, showing her robotic body. And then she took a device from her boot pocket, she proceeded to point it towards the room and pressed a button.

A transparent like video conversation. "This is Mordor236, can you hear me?" A faint figure appeared in the virtual convorsation. "The human would like prove, so I'm showing her this." The african american with a scar across his eye looked up and smiled. "Hello, Maddie. Nice to meet you, I've heard alot about you. How are you doing?"
She rolled her eyes and was about to say she wasn't weird. But no, she was very weird, even for these days "I mean... I'm as good as I can be with a stranger in my house, who's apparently a robot?!" she shook her head and tried to take in the new information.

"I'm not a robot!" She sounded very offended and her face was intense. "How dare you, you filthy human." She was about to attack but her boss stopped her. "Lina Mordino, stand your ground. This is 2014 and people don't know the difference, you will treat this girl with respect and as your equal. Got that?" Her face got humble as she listened to the commanding words from her boss. "Yes sir, I'm very sorry."

"I'm not a robot. I'm a human hybrid, meaning that I was born human and later parts of me were replaced with high tech robot parts." She said calm, still no emotion on her face but she didn't sound as hard anymore. She didn't like having to work with the human but she needed to, so she was gonna have to deal with it. "Anyway, any other questions?"
"Oh... I-Sorry." she ran a hand through her hair with a sigh. "I didn't realize that could happen." She could tell this lady was not happy about working with her, and she almost felt bad, for some reason. "Uhh, one question. Why are you talking to me, and why did you come back to this point in time... Lena?"

"I'm talking to you because I have to. Appearantly only with your help we can safe this planet. This time because, the portal could only open here, 5 years ago or 15 years in your future. And by then it would've been too late." She sat down on the bed, put away the device and looked at the human.

"Now, are you in?" Both of her hands were behind her, leaning on the bed, supporting her weigth. She couldn't tell by observing the girl, if she was gonna help or just say no and kick Lina out. But Lina was no quiter, she was very good at making people do what she wanted. And that wasn't always a good thing. Still, she felt like the harsh tactic wasn't gonna work on Maddie, maybe she should try and be friendly or in her case, somewhat human.
"I still don't get it. Why am I so important anyway? What do I have to do to save the world?" She did appreciate the new friendlier vibe, but wanted to be sure of everything before agreeing or disagreeing

"I don't know the details, I only know that I'm supossed to take you with me to the future." Her hand waved in the air while explaining the whole deal. "If you are coming with me, you'll have to dress differently, ofcourse!" She laughed at the girls wardrobe and arched a brow.

"Look, I'm here to protect you." Now, she meant it. Even though she didn't like the girl, she wasn't gonna let any innocent die nomatter how she felt. "This will be a dangerous mission, keep that in mind."

She stood up and put on her coat. "So, what is it gonna be human?"
Maddie thought for a bit and sighed "Okay fine. What sort of thing will I have to wear?" she asked, putting her book away and pulling her curls back behind her ears. She peered past Lena curiously. "And sorry if it's annoying, but will we be able to come back to this time?"

"Well, you'll get appropriate fighting gear. And ofcourse you'll be able to come to this time. When you come back, there'll be only a few seconds passed. So don't worry about family missing you." She nodded while telling her the information and walked towards the window.

The streets were getting emptier, which was good. Someone seeing her open a portal could be missed greatly. If she needed to fix the future because someone saw something they shouldn't have, it would all be more difficult then it should. "Now, are you ready? Need anything? Pack anything? Remember that you wont be able to use any eletrical devices."
Maddie nodded and grabbed some warmer clothes that's not pink fuzzy pajamas. She put her phone on her bed "Thanks for reminding me of that." She nodded and followed Lina. "So are we gonna get going right away?" She asked, knowing she did not have anything close to fighting gear.

"Forget about the clothes, you'll get everything from me. I don't think you get how cold the future is. Why do you think I wear these tight clothe, they are made from a special kind of material which keeps you warm and updates your vitals and such." She took the bag and threw them on the bed.

"Now, human, put on some different clothes. People will ask questions if they see you in those weird pink clothes." She said while sighing. "And hurry please, the portal wont stay open for long." Again, she checked out her nails, her attitude showing that she didn't have the time to wait.
"Uhh okay..." She nodded and opened the bag, putting on some clothes much similar to hers "Shoes?" she asked as she searched through the bag once more. "Never mind."

"You're gonna go on bare feet? Fine, but if you step in glass don't come whining to me. I'm not your nurse or your mommy." She said as she proceeded to the door. While doing so, she closed her jacket and put her hoody on, so no one could see her robotic glasses. She took out a tiny ball-like device and put it on the floor. Once activated it scanned the room and made a virtual scan.

"Okay, now this scan will tell us about the conditions in your time, so whenever something changes we will know and in case of bad changes, we can fix whatever we did wrong. It'll also make a virtual clone incase something happens and you don't get back in time. We can't make problems here by letting you dissapear."
She rolled her eyes and pulled combat boots out from under her bed, over her socks. "I'm not an idiot" she rolled her eyes and watched the scan. "Okay... so are we almost ready to go?"

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Into the future's past.[w/libsterization]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus