Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Y hallo thar.

Hello.

I like this site; it has gently guided me here in order to introduce myself in this post, and so therefore I am saying hi. I am Jessybel and I come to you from the frozen north that is Canada, although I was born in the Uk, and because of that most people I meet think i'm Australian. (Oh how interesting.)

Now what other things can I tell you all about me?

Clearly I like to role-play. I dabble a little in short story writing, although nowadays it mostly takes the form of play by post RP. I've been playing a lot online ever since I discovered the Neopets forums when I was a wee bit younger (OH GOD THE HORROR) and it kind of grew from there into somewhat of a hobby. I feel like I've been around online a while, but I was sent here by someone else out of a lack of a place to play and i'm brand new to all this. I'm excited to find a really developed community and such a nicely organized site. Kudos.

I am a high fantasy fanatic, with a love for the dark and morbid themes in writing. I love me some Game of Thrones and some Neil Gaiman for novels, and dark and twisted fantasies get me excited. Grit and realism and morbidity is my love, but I have a penchant for the light and airy, and I have a not-so-secret joy for superheroes and amazingly cheesy archetypal characters. Sometimes I get into scifi, but I am particular as heck with this genre.

I also like webcomics and video games and board games and tabletop RPGs. Sometimes I draw. Most times I'm too lazy. Woo!

And..

I'll stop now.

Happy 12am. :)
-Jessa
*Claps* Nice to meet chu
Kim Site Admin

Welcome to the site! It's a true pleasure to meet you, and a true pleasure to see such a thoughtful and thorough introduction post. So kudos right back at ya! ;)

I once upon a time back in the twilight of the world tried RPing on the Neopets forums as well. I believe I was banned from ever posting again because first, my Skeith (the little dragons they have on the site, who are, by their own lore, carnivorous) was chewing on a bloody bone, and about a week later, I happened to mention that my vampire character drank blood. And this was clear evidence that I was far too violent to be allowed to interact with the other nine year olds in the crowd. Ah well. I've moved on to greener pastures where people are a little more interested in how things are spelled.

I find Game of Thrones fascinating and yet oh so depressing. I have very recently begun to enjoy super hero RPs, though!

I suspect there are some RP groups out there that will be wanting to adopt you in short order!
Loren

Hallo, welcome to the Roleplay Repository :D The community's great, the people are great, everything's great! (Breathe, Loren. Breathe. Ahem.) But the site really is wonderful, and extremely well thought out.

Neil Gaiman! He and Terry Pratchett are a few of my favourite authors. And Game of Thrones, too >:) I've actually only read the books, but when I finish that, I'll go to the show. If they ever decide to fully show it where I live.

I'm not much into superheroes, but I enjoy Fantasy, be it modern-era, historical or pure. I'm into scifi too, although not as much. And morbid themes are always nice XD I tend to go for humour first, though.

Anyways, like Kim said, you wrote an excellent introduction post. (At 12 am, of all hours XD) If you need help, the moderators are all very nice and very helpful, and won't hesitate to answer any questions you have.
HELLO NICE TO MEET YOU!!!! I'm sure you'll love it here.
Jessybel Topic Starter

I just wanted to thank you all for a lovely welcome. :)

Loren: Definitely check out the GoT TV show. It is very loyal to the story of the books, and takes out a big chunk of book and speeds through the storyline faster, but without missing anything. Its been really well made and I thoroughly enjoy watching it.

Kim: Definitely a pleasure! And shame on you for having blood drinking vampires, whatever were you thinking?

Jessa
Loren

Hah, I've seen a few episodes. I'm waiting for the show in my country to restart from the first season, so I can see everything from the start. But yeah, its great. I'm actually a big fan of reading High Fantasy , but lately I haven't really roleplayed that genre much. It probably comes from the fact that most of my characters are or either dimensional travellers or enterwined in earth's history. Or both XD.
Welcome to the site! With your interests I'm sure you'll have no trouble at all fitting in here :) I love Game of Thrones myself, the novels and the tv show. It's always fun when we get new artists here, we're having an Art Trade for the artists on site right now that might interest you :D
Kim Site Admin

Jessybel wrote:
Kim: Definitely a pleasure! And shame on you for having blood drinking vampires, whatever were you thinking?

Clearly I was delusional! ;)

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Y hallo thar.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus