Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Chionti Zoo 1x1

Braum Damerick (played by CelestinaGrey)

Pori thought over the options for only a moment, really. "Can you show me the private quarters?" She didn't like being touched. Unless they had a panda biome where she could be with her more feral kind, she wouldn't want to be near people that could touch her.

She would always stop when he stopped. She never got too close to him.
Ianto (played by Rubix) Topic Starter

Ianto smiled at her and nodded, "Of course." They would continue on, passing through the other feline biomes, then the canine, there were antelope/deer, equine, and then the ursines. Where the pandas and other bear like creatures would be. He would move towards the private quarters, another tree line would be passed through before a few small houses would be in view. "I'll show you the empty ones, and then show you mine. You're welcome to it until you pick a home, it's furnished and the kitchen is always well stocked."

Pori followed him along, looking carefully in each biome. When he mentioned staying with him, she shook her head. "I don't live with people." Absolutely not. That was a big no-no. All it ever did was remind her of something she never wanted to think about.

"...I don't understand humans." she said softly. "I don't think I ever will."

Ianto looked at her and smiled, "I told you, I mostly live in the biome. I was just offering because it was furnished and I'm rarely there." He sighed softly, "I'm not exactly people remember?"

He blinked as they walked on, "I can understand that. They've forgotten what they are I think, that they really are animals. Try to hide it, mask those tendencies." He scratched the back of his neck as he headed to the unoccupied homes, "I think it causes them to be cruel, even if unintentional. But there are a few good ones. Here and there."

Pori shook her head slightly. "You're still people. Not exactly, but still." She listened to him talk about it, and she nodded. He was right. She could understand that. When he mentioned the few good ones... "Yes. But the bad outnumber the good."

She was a bit hesitant on staying. What would they want in return? She couldn't stay for free. Someone always wanted something..

Ianto sighed, "The people here, aren't like that. They want to help. They have good hearts and strong spirits." He avoided her saying he was people, he didn't consider himself people. He gave a sad nod, "To some degree, they may be bad with animals but that doesn't mean they're horrible totally."

He watched her for a moment, "This place is a haven Pori. It was made so that any creature could feel safe. So that we wouldn't ever have to be hurt, or used. I've been here since it opened, a little over a year, but it's been the first positive year of my life. I do not have to work with the animals, I choose to. I help the humans because they honestly try to do what's best for the animals here. Sometimes they are in over their head, as was the medic trying to assist you. But they mean well."

Pori just listened to him. She let him speak, let him get it all out, before talking herself. "Yeah well, a lot of people seem like they want to help. Humans are two-faced. They let greed and desire take over whatever shred of goodness they had inside them..." Her hand gripped her arm a little bit.

She quickly shook her head. "Show me the house." She had to get her mind off of the thoughts it was going towards.

Ianto listened and frowned, "Yes, some. Not all but they do have that ability." He took a breath, but wouldn't push her. He continued on towards the houses and paused in front of one. It was one of the few dark ones in this area. "Here we are."

Up the steps he'd go and he'd simply open the door and let her go first. "They generally have sparse furniture. Not everyone around here needs furniture but anything can be gotten. Might take a day or two. But the basics are here. As for the kitchen...well it'll need stocking. I can get whatever you need."

Pori stepped inside and looked around the house. "...it'll do." It was a place to stay. A place that was safe, really. "..thank you." she said softly. She walked around the room, checking things. "I just need enough food to last until it can get fully stocked."

Ianto nodded, "This may sound rude, but what is your normal diet?" He didn't want to get her anything she couldn't eat. "The electric and water is taken care of, the only expectation is that the house is kept up."

He stayed by the door but let her walk around, "There are two bedrooms in most of these, some have three. I think this is a two bedroom. There are two baths, a full kitchen, living room, den, washer and dryer. When you get settled the house can get a biome attached. A lot of those around here have kids, so the houses are child proof er cub, kit, puppy proof."

Pori shrugged slightly. "I can eat mostly everything. Naturally, I like bamboo...but I can eat anything." She sighed a little and then just listened. When he finished speaking about the house, she nodded. Having such a nice open space all to herself would be...good. The first, really.

"It's nice."

Ianto nodded, "Alright, I'll be heavy on the bamboo and then a good assortment of things. Anything you prefer other than bamboo?" He smiled softly, "Yeah, it is. I'm still not used to a home, but it is nice that they have things like this."

He started to turn, "I'll leave you to it though, be back in a bit with the stuff you need to get going. Anything else special that'd you like? The store keeps pretty much everything and anything really you could think of."

Pori shook her head a little bit. "Nothing preferred. Thanks." When he spoke of leaving her, she gave a little nod. "Alright. And uhm...no, I think that's it." She just decided to sit down for now. After he left, she made sure things were locked up, then she'd lay down on the floor. She was used to the floor.

Soon, she'd simply fall asleep.

Ianto nodded and he'd leave her to go get what she needed. It'd take a while, but he'd drop it off at some point and then return to his biome. He preferred it there after all.

Pori would be awake later, and after putting things away, she would go exploring. It was time to see what the zoo was all about. Maybe she could stop by the biome with her furry brethen as well.

Ianto would have gone back to his biome by the time Pori woke, he much preferred to be in his tiger shape than his human. Things were just less complicated when humans thought you were an animal, they didn't require you to do the same things and that was alright by him. He wasn't antisocial he was just awkward, his bulky size did not match his personality at all. But as a tiger? As a tiger he was expected to be shy, aloof rather.

He was the only tiger in his biome, listed as the Rare Golden Tabby Tiger it kept him from getting much company. Though he was known to slip into the Bengal or Siberian tiger biomes when he got lonely. Still his solitary nature allowed him to live quite well in his biome.

After a while, Pori stumbled upon his Biome by pure accident. She noticed him in it and paused, standing and just watching him for the time being. She wanted to see how he acted as a tiger. As a human, he was large and intimidating, even if he gave off a friendly feel. But as a tiger...she wanted to find out. Would he seem like a normal tiger to her, if she had never known he was human? That was what she intended to find out as she stood and watched him so curiously.

Ianto's biome was set up a bit differently than his cousin tigers, part of it was what looked like an American forest and the rest looked like a junkyard. The plaque by the biome explained who and what Ianto was, but then gave a brief reasoning behind the strange biome.

This tiger was rescued from a circus where he had lived for about 16 years. His biome is a little unusual but since over half of this tiger's life he lived in a tiny cage about the size of a Volvo it was the one that most fit his background. The forest you see behind is a replica of the Washington State Rainforest where this tiger fled to during his rescue. This tiger is estimated to be well over 20 years old...

Inside the biome Ianto was standing on the ruins of a convertible, his tail was swaying and he gazed out over his biome with careful eyes. He paused for a moment in his study to look down and lap at his pelt, that preoccupied him for a bit before he came off the car. The metal creaked and the body shuddered with the weight of Ianto coming off of it.

Ianto sauntered on, mouth opening and closing a few times in a silent call. He was patrolling his territory. It was a tiger thing, they constantly kept watch over their territory. His eyes flicked around before he padded into the creek run-off they'd put into the biome. It opened up to the edge into a pool that he could swim in if he decided to. For now he just leaned over and lapped at the water.

If he was massive in his human form then his tiger form didn't disappoint, he was large even by tiger standards and his form was outlined in well defined and hardened muscles. The green eyes he sported as a human remained but with those triangular feline pupils. He paused in his lapping and his sides heaved, a sigh riddling down through his rib cage before he shuddered and let himself slump into the trickling stream. Ianto shifted a bit, curling his paws into his chest before laying his head on the ground. Even though he was huge even by tiger standards he seemed small as he laid there and the emptiness of his biome seemed to weigh on his shoulders. Those tiny round ears twitched and fell backwards and his green eyes stared into the pool of water, Ianto just looked lonely and without being in his human form his eyes couldn't mask that emotion.

Pori read the plaque and watched him, easily able to recognize the loneliness. She was quiet for a few moments, hesitant, before she tapped very lightly on the biome. She smiled a little bit if he caught sight of her, lifting her hand a little. She wanted to ask if she could come in. He looked so lonely in there. She didn't mind keeping him some company for a while.

She just wondered if he would mind. He seemed lonely, but did he want to let a stranger like her into his territory? Did he even want anyone in his territory, that wasn't his own kind? Maybe he was just lonely because there was no one else of his kind with him. She didn't want to get him mad. But on the chance, just the slightest chance, that he was simply lonely...she wanted to keep him some company.

Ianto shifted when he heard the tapping, lifting his head and offering a slight tilt. It took him a second to recognize Pori and slowly he pulled himself back up to all fours. He'd pad across to the biome's "glass" and place his paw on it so that the flash would allow her in.

"Come on in, I'm not sure if your hand print is registered yet." Same tone, though as a tiger it sounded a little more throaty. Ianto's tail switched lightly as he padded back to his first spot on the rusted out convertible.

"You're welcome to one of the seats, or you can explore if you want." He made a circle on the hood of the car and the unceremoniously slammed himself down draping his forelegs over a busted out headlamp and resting his head upon them.

"How's the house? Everything going alright?"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Chionti Zoo 1x1

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus