Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Chionti Zoo 1x1

Ianto (played by Rubix) Topic Starter

Ianto churtled again, "Uh huh..." But he pulled his paw out and gave it a big shake sending water everywhere. He stretched again and then padded off towards his den, "Give me a sec..." and slinking inside he'd do what needed to be done and then pop out with a towel, a slightly wet t-shirt and jeans with some shoes. "Alrighty then, lets get to the backside."

He'd head towards the back of the exhibit to exit into the workers area.
Braum Damerick (played by CelestinaGrey)

Pori nodded and let him head off, chuckling as he shook the water off. She would get up once he was back and walk off with him to the workers area. "As long as no people touch me, I'm okay. I don't mind holding animals and stuff, but...I don't do people. If they get too close, I'm really uncomfortable. And if they touched me, it might get....dangerous."

Ianto looked at her and tucked his hands in his pockets, "No one will touch you Pori, I won't let them." He walked along a hallway that ran behind the exhibits in his area, "We'll have to go underground to get there, but it's a nice facility Draeval built here."

Pori nodded a little when he said nobody would touch her. "...Thank you, Ianto." She smiled slightly and would follow him. "It's okay. I don't mind going underground.." She smiled a bit and lookd around. She trusted Ianto. But she didn't trust many other people.

Ianto smiled softly, "You're welcome." They're heading down but the place is wide and brightly lit, he'll take a few turns and then head back up the stairs and swipe a card in a reader before exiting out into the nursery.

The place was huge, and animals and people alike were spread throughout. Most of the animals acted as surrogates or where the babies themselves while the people were vet techs and the like and mostly tended and or fed the babies.

"Well, this is it..." He walked down a hallway past the larger group of people and into a wing that was empty save for the animals. "These are the...difficult cases, young animals that won't let anyone care for them and need a lot of help."

Pori looked around as they walked, and was instantly interested in the nursery area. "It's...really big." She looked at the animals he said were the 'difficult cases'. "...do you think that's what I could do? Since I'm not like humans...maybe they would let me help them. It's worth a try, isn't it?"

She looked at Ianto. "...I was one of those, after all..."

Ianto gave her a smile, "Yeah...it is really big but you know there are a lot of animals that come through here. So it's really never big enough." He leaned against a wall and watched Pori.

"I think you'd be perfect at it."

Pori looked at the animals carefully. "Can I....go and try? See if any of them will let me?" She waited for him to approve, watching the 'problem case' animals. "I wonder what happened to them to make them like this..." she said softly. She seemed to get a little withdrawn for a moment. She hoped none of these innocent little animals had suffered anything even close to what she'd gone through.

Ianto nodded, "Of course, just pick one. Same way to get in as it is in the exhibits. I'll hang back, if you need help just let me know." He shrugged at her words, "A lot of things, sometimes just being abandoned can make it like that for some animals. Just depends on them really."

He took his wall and leaned into it, letting her lead in this respect.

Pori looked at the various animals. There was one little cub that seemed especially vicious. "This one." Once she got in, she moved slowly towards the little animal that was growling ferociously at her. Well, as ferociously as the little thing could. "It's alright.." she murmured softly. She knelt down near it, but not too close, and held her hand out. The cub continued growling for a couple more minutes, but then curiousity got the best of him. He inched towards her, still growling lowly, and sniffed at her hand. Pori didn't move.

The cub looked at her, then sniffed her hand again. He let out a soft growl, but it was much more docile than before. Pori moved her hand to touch his head but he snapped, teeth sinking into her hand. Pori winced, but didn't react otherwise. "Shhh...see? It's okay. It's okay." The cub growled for a moment more, then let her hand go and settled down on the floor. Pori pet his head gently. "There you go...see? It's not so bad.."

(Just nudging this so you don't forget to post :3)

Ianto watched her select the animal, he kept back and surveyed though he was prepared to leap in if needed. He kept his eyes on both of them, seeing how she reacted to him, her behavior, and of course the cub in case things went in the wrong direction.

When the cub went at her he tensed and gritted his teeth he wanted to snarl but was holding his back because of the way Pori was handling it. Still silent he continued to listen and watch, he didn't want to interfere if things were going well he didn't want to mess that up.

Pori would continue to pet at the cub, then she would look at Ianto and smile. "There we go. Everything's okay." She'd noticed him tense up and get worried, so she smiled reassuringly. "It's okay, I'm not hurt. It's just some scratches." She would stand up, cradling the cub in her arms gently. She approached Ianto and smiled once more. "Did I do okay?"

Ianto kept his eyes on them and smiled softly, "You did just fine. I think you'll do well here and the animals will greatly benefit that kind of attention." He was still leaning against the wall for now, "So what would you like to do next?"

Pori shrugged a little bit at his question, but his praises made her smile. She pet at the little cub for a few moments. "What do you think we should do? I mean, you're the one who lives here. I don't know what all there is." She would very gently, carefully put the cub back down and let him go back to whatever he wanted to do.

Her attention was turned to Ianto then, waiting for him to give an idea.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Chionti Zoo 1x1

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus