Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Coffee Shop (1x1 closed)

Deirdree Isabelle Mo (played by Pineapple) Topic Starter

In the shadows of the building she was nearly speaking the words, if anyone were to truly listen to Deirdree they'd catch the occasional word or syllable of and older form of the Gaelic that was spoken in Scotland today. She was calling to the earth, and it was beginning to respond, a slight shutter ran through the area, much like a aftershock of an earth quake. However it stopped, as she realized that there were too many eyes around, too much of a chance of getting on camera or film, in this age of technology everyone and their dog had a phone with a camera in it. She had no desire to become the next internet sensation.

Glancing upwards she was relieved to see that the man from the coffee shop had managed to get the shooter under him, so when they impacted he'd receive less damage. She was weighing options as they brawl took place. She watched the workers detain the man from the shop, a slight whisper thought hit her mind before the man even spoke. With her magick already tapped, it wouldn't take much to glaze her words and make them sound all the more reasonable to the construction workers. She met the mans words with a smile.

She nearly slid over to the group, and as she spoke her accent was rather clear, and her words heavy with enchantment. "My god let him go!" she says playing the concerned lover to a tee. "That arse has been bothering us all evening!"
Michael Alasdair MacKenzie (played by Phrostphyre)

Michael grinned at her, hair hanging loose over one of his eyes, the sliced cheek dripping blood. The men let him go, muttering about nut jobs, but Michael shook their hands.

"Thanks, fellas. You gentlemen have a good day now." Michael put a hand to his cheek, covering the dripping cut, and pushed his hair back. His eyes seemed delighted that this woman had aided him no questions asked, and he told himself that at the least, he owed her dinner. Walking forward, he heard sirens approaching, and grimaced. Cops in a city near a military base hated the soldiers from the base. Although Michael wasn't in the military anymore, he had been a soldier. The police probably wouldn't like Michael's work of the day. Turning, he knelt and felt the man he had tackled out of the window's pulse. The man was breathing, but he would probably have a concussion when he woke up. Michael stood and walked to the woman with the golden eyes, smiling at her as he did so.

She had come to his aid when he needed it, and she had done so without question. He was forever in her debt. He stood in front of her, one hand against his face to try and soak up the blood, and he smiled at her. "Thank you. I owe you dinner at the least, and quite possibly four or five years of my life, as what happened in the coffee shop and out here could be construed as assault, and that's at least four years in jail. I hear there's a place off Seventeenth and Thirty-Fourth that serves some wonderful goose."

If her words hadn't been laced with magick, to make them sound all the more reasonable and believable. The men likely wouldn't have accepted them so willingly. As they grumbled and released Michael she was fishing in the pocket of her denim mini, looking for a handkerchief. As Michael was speaking to them, and cradling his cut cheek in his hand. She moved closer holding the handkerchief out to him.

As she siren started she frowned, "More of them will be here soon scouring the streets..." her words sounded a bit disdainful. Now wishing to spend the even getting interrogated by cops, or lacing her words with magick so she can slip away.

A brow perked to Michael's suggestion of dinner, she had a moment's deliberation before nodding in agreement, "Well a good deed doesn't get done just for the possibility of a reward, but lets go." she looked around checking to see if the construction workers had gone back to their work and no prying ears would hear her introduction. "I am Derirdree, and I hope that place has a good house red." Evidently she wasn't against following him to dinner.
Michael Alasdair MacKenzie (played by Phrostphyre)

"I don't know about a good red, but I know they have decent brandy. And thank you for the handkerchief, ma'am." Michael started wondering how he was going to pay for two meals at the place. He was a teacher, and he had a salary, but he didn't have any money put away from the Army. That had all gone to help a friend of his get married. That, and providing enough quality champagne for the bride, an exiled noblewoman from Italy, had killed Michael's savings account. There was no pension for Michael; he wasn't an officer, and he hadn't retired. He had simply fulfilled the terms of his contract, and been honorably discharged.

"I'm Michael. I can quite truthfully say I'm pleased to meet you."

In retrospect, Michael wished he had stayed in for the full twenty years. He had only had twelve years left. He could have retired Command Chief Master Sergeant of the United States Army. But he would have been stuck doing desk work, and Michael hated office jobs. Which was why he didn't mind teaching, even though he was stuck inside most of the time. It was unlike any other job in the country, teaching. And Michael, for all his many faults, enjoyed it. But he couldn't pay a three hundred fifty dollar restaurant bill, not unless he wanted to starve for the next week. But that's what it looked like it would be, at least for him.

Deirdree laughed a little bit listening to him speak, "It's not a problem in regards to the handkerchief." she would sigh softly, "As for the wine well that is non negotiable." a little odd laugh came from her, and for a short moment she shut her golden eyes and mentally put a hold on her magick drawing it back to her core. As she did so a bit of his current thought came to her mind. She shut it out, but caught his general worry. When she opened her eyes she had gotten a hold of her magick one again, with that being done she wouldn't catch any of his or anyone else thoughts with out intentionally doing so.

A smile was given to him now that she was back in control, and not the magick. "Well I will say I am not particularly hungry. I had a late lunch, So I just wish for a glass of wine. Don't let that stop you from eating, by all means eat your fill." She looked around the square as the sounds of sirens were getting ever closer. "We should be out of here."

She cast her golden gaze about, surveying the chaos.People were still in a rather maddened state, some running about looking around ( a few gazes were upon Michael and herself. Some people crowded around the politician who was still alive, but not doing so great. "Yes we need to leave now, some people have already gotten a good look at us..." she looked around giving each a bit of a stare.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Coffee Shop (1x1 closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus