Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Second Opinion Needed about which warning tags

Hello hello! I'm kinda new, kinda not. Been around for a while, but never really did anything, because I'm weird like that. But I have a question!

So I made a character, and some of my character art has nudity in it. Some of my character art has blood in it. Now, to be safe, I've marked the profile with 'Violence' and 'Sexual Content', but I really don't know if I needed to. Nothing about any of the images is sexual at all, and the blood isn't too excessive.

Really, I'd just like someone else to clarify or judge for me. I'd rather not get myself in trouble for neglecting to tag something, but I'd also rather not have a big 'Sexual' stamp on my freaky monsterlady character just because she doesn't really wear clothes.

http://www.rprepository.com/site.php?char=41422&page=92879 <- Link is here.
If I'm right when you upload an image you can flag is as mature. I think.
Hi there, welcome to the RPR! :D

You have hit all the correct nails on the head in terms of marking your images as mature for gore & nudity, along with tagging the profile appropriately! *thumbs up*

As a side note, the sexuality profile tag is our catch-all for nudity, actually sexual or not! I understand that can be a bit bothersome for the exact reason you've stated, since there isn't anything outright sexual about the character going on, but that's just the way it be! :( Sorry about that! If you have a suggestion for naming the tag to something better, I'm fairly sure you can PM our site admin, Kim, about it via the Suggestion Form (it defaults to Bug Reports, but you can change it to show up as a Suggestion so Kim knows how to categorize it). She's super friendly and willing to listen to suggestions. We also have a forum for that here.

In the future though, please either post topics like this to our help forum or privately message a moderator so we can get to your site related inquiries a bit quicker! Really though, you did everything correctly, spot on, 100%! :)

I'm going to go ahead and move the topic to the right board. You'll get a PM about it as is standard, just as a reminder that it was moved so you don't wonder where your thread went! If you've got more questions, let us know! We're always happy to help!
Kim Site Admin

Even though you or I might not agree, there are a lot of people who consider nudity to be sexual 100% of the time, regardless of the pose. So yes, nudity = sexuality warning, so people with that opinion can make their own decisions before viewing a page. :)

A tiny bit of blood doesn't usually require a gore warning, but if you're not sure there's no harm in being safe!

You are on: Forums » Help » Second Opinion Needed about which warning tags

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus