Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Looking for a Roleplay in a Steampunk Se (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Rhys Aeron Moon (played by Caffeinated)

Are you sick of the same old, Anime-inspired, Mary Sue-type characters? Are you just plain done with the horrid, over-used “neko” or “kitsune” type characters (who aren’t even CLOSE to original mythology or who are some, awful, bestiality-implying hybridization of “half human, half animal”)? Do the people who have tons characters that are essentially identical with only slight appearance differences make you cringe? Are you just so damn tired of script-writers, people who can barely crack out a decent paragraph, or people who promise to be “good” but just can’t deliver? Do the common “m/m or m/f (me as female) romance” requests just make you want to tear your hair out? If you want someone who has widely varied, (mostly) in-depth characters (some are new and not completely “done.”), and who can deliver a fairly decent, detailed single or multi-paragraph post, why not give me a shot?

I don't have a plot fully thought out. I prefer thinking of a plot with my potential partner, as not all types of characters can fit into all plots (ex. I am not sure that, say, a bookwormy non-violent type would fit in easily if the roleplay were to be about characters being on an airship pirate crew.). I'm open to just about any subgenre- action, horror, drama, tragedy, whatever. I'm really just looking for a relatively decent-length roleplay, with someone who is willing to also toss in a side character/NPC/whatever term you prefer now and again. Also, I prefer someone who equally contributes to the plot, not a strict leader or follower.

As for the content I'm looking for, I'd like someone who can at least pump out a nice, descriptive paragraph or two, and who also has a nice, developed character with a fairly unique personality to them. I don't care about what gender the character is.
The "tech" level I generally use Rhys for is around the airship, basic automaton, and steam-powered prosthetics deal. I prefer it to be more "realistic" in setting, but may be okay with some very, very, LIGHT fantasy elements.
Well I have a character named Kara, but she has alot of fairly heavy fairy-tale elements(In short she can pull her head off and possess other headless bodies with it) but alot of people have told me she seemed to be an interesting character to rp with.
Rhys Aeron Moon (played by Caffeinated) Topic Starter

Sketch444 wrote:
Well I have a character named Kara, but she has alot of fairly heavy fairy-tale elements(In short she can pull her head off and possess other headless bodies with it) but alot of people have told me she seemed to be an interesting character to rp with.

I'm really looking for "realism," meaning, no magic or very, very low key fantasy elements (ex. nothing too "magical" like coming back from the dead, nonhuman-looking creatures, etc.). I think the most I can do for fantasy elements would be (well done) vampires or werewolves, as they're often not too extreme with the magic.
Wel lthan I don't think I'd be who you're looking for. I don't like heavy realism in the Rp's i'm in. I personally think it's real boring limiting yourself to whats realistic and whats not.
Rhys Aeron Moon (played by Caffeinated) Topic Starter

Sketch444 wrote:
Wel lthan I don't think I'd be who you're looking for. I don't like heavy realism in the Rp's i'm in. I personally think it's real boring limiting yourself to whats realistic and whats not.

Ah. I actually prefer realism in most cases, especially since you can do so much with the world. Organized crime, real, heart-to-heart tragic moments, etc. I also like the challenge of having to deal with human limitations. Best of luck!

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Looking for a Roleplay in a Steampunk Se (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus