Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » The Social Experiment (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

"The Social Experiment"
This is a pretty self explanatory roleplay, a handful of complete strangers are chosen to participate in a social experiment where they are taken to a secure location in cars with blacked out windows, implanted with a tracker, and put into a small town with nothing but a debit/credit card, I.d, a house key, and six hundred dollars to your name. You come to find that this place you are in is a dome. It is a collection of small towns, each with its own grocery store, local bar, car dealership, school, library, farm, everything that a small town would need to function.
Now you and the others must make a living to get by, and also make friends with one another. There are already people living there that are not part of the experiment, but they simply help monitor you during your day to day activities. There are cameras all throughout with no blind spots, the only privacy you can get is within the comfort of your own home and in the bathrooms. Now it is up to you how you wish to live. You can try to simply live a normal, average life, or you can strive to move up in the 'world'. The entire area is completely separated from the outside world, it has its own television programs and stations, actors, movies, authors, etc.. There is to be no contact at all from the outside world, and you may not leave until the experiment is over in three years.
The Towns
Callibridge
small-town.jpg
Callibridge is a rather simple town, with average homes and businesses, seeming to be more generalized to the middle class, with apartments,cheap cars, small establishments and simple jobs. Its a good place to start for a lot of people who want to take it slow.

Stormcrest
Suburbia_by_David_Shankbone.jpg
Stormcrest is somewhat of a suburb, great for people with a family. Its a peaceful community, with a park, library, elementary, middle, and high school, a good college. The perfect place for anyone looking to settle down long term.
Southcross
mountains%20hills%20buildings%20poland%20village%20countryside%20tatra%202000x1333%20wallpaper_www.wall321.com_51.jpg
This town is a more, economic place. There are farmers that work in large fields, then bring their crops to the town to sell. Almost all of the food is home grown, and it gives an old timey vibe. The houses also look a bit older than most, some are actually wooden, and some are brick, but it is relatively one of the smallest towns there. They try not to leave much of a carbon footprint, and to maximize healthy living. This town is a bit expensive to go to, but it pays in the long run.

Sena
Southern-and-Sophisticated-A-Weekend-Getaway-to-Nashville-Tennessee.jpg
This town is rather upscale, for people who do more higher living. Not exactly rich, but they can afford nice and somewhat expensive things. The homes here are bigger than most, and everything is sophisticated and civilized. Restaurants serve courses with wine, and almost everyone stays in shape. Avery upper class town, that is always up to date.
Kingsford
suburban-neighborhood-6979630.jpg
This is the Hollywood of the dome, where almost all of the rich and powerful live. They have only the nicest things and are always shoeing off new trends. This is where a lot of people want to go too, to have fast cars and large mansions. To have everyone adore and idolize you. The dream of most. Amazing parties, the best and first of everything. This is heaven.
Seems like a very interesting concept.
Sounds super fun!!!
Ricochett Topic Starter

~
So would we only be able to play humans?
Kat (played anonymously)

Sketch444 wrote:
So would we only be able to play humans?
^^
Ricochett Topic Starter

This is realistic, but I suppose a few other races could be included as well. just nothing drastic
Kat (played anonymously)

Is Kat's original race okay or too drastic?
Ricochett Topic Starter

Little to drastic
Kat (played anonymously)

Okay. Then Kat will be human.
Do you need any help getting things started? :)
Ricochett Topic Starter

No, but thanks. Just waiting on a few more people to join :)
this sounds interesting. would i be able to join with shar? she's a little on the crazy side, but she's human.
Ricochett Topic Starter

Of course!
awesome! i'm still working on her profile, but hopefully i'll have more up soon.
I'm super interested.
Got a question: Will your character be working behind the cameras, sort of as the experiment conductor?
Ricochett Topic Starter

No, they will participate.
StormRider912

Ooh! This looks cool, count me in!
Ricochett Topic Starter

So that's six. Seven including me
StormRider912

Rico can math!

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » The Social Experiment (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus