Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Heroes Only Die (Finished)

Mars Masterson (played by RoyaleX318) Topic Starter

Masterson rolled over pulling the bullet from his leg he examined it, "shot from a Cold Tip 2200 Revolver, I knew it wasn't broken." He saw Caitalyn run off with her sword, "damnit, let me get a bandage before we take on the bandit hooker!" He ripped some of the cloth from the tent and wrapped his wound up, it was so close to damaging his mobility it wasn't even funny. Opening a pill bottle in his bag he found only three pills, he was almost out. "Oh well I guess," he said swallowing all three pain pills at once. He stood slowly using the stick to stand, making his way over to the Desert Runner he leaned on it to stabilize himself as he drew his Bad Wife. Pointing it in the general direction of the yelling he fired.

Boom!!!

A rocket few over the Bug Hunter's head and erupted on a dune of sand. Masterson didn't expect to have hit anything, only clear the way for his new partner but when he heard the shriek of a roach he knew he hit something. "Get her Caitalyn," Mars said to himself reloading the Bad Wife, he pulled the weapon up once again and looked through the scope of the the Rocket Launcher. A Roach Hound leg lay in the sand surrounded by dark green blood, "hell of a shot," Mars smiled. He hadn't killed it, but with one less leg the dog's speed would be cut in half and he wouldn't be bothering Caitalyn, not like she couldn't handle a Roach Hound herself.

Mars stayed low in the sand as he packed up their belongings, firing another shot now would be too dangerous as his young lesbian associate was too close to the enemy and he couldn't risk blowing up the only friend he had. Once the tent and other such items were packed in the side car, Mars hid behind his Desert Runner and looked out over the sand threw his rocket launchers scope, just to see what was happening.
Delilah Pheonix (played by Ambrosia)

Delilah saw the rocket speed up ahead, her eyes widened as it flew over her, she watched bits of Elvis splatter all over. That's it, she was pissed. She grabbed her dagger and ran at the man, holding her dagger behind her as she approached him. She slid under the blade that came at her in a horizontal motion and continued to run.

She grabbed her dagger tight and sliced off Mars's hand. She pulled the pin on her grenade and jammed it into his bike then ran off in another direction, she was gone. Disappeared into the sand storm.

She saw parts fly but no chunks of meat, at least she was holding his hand.
Cairalyn Salenia (played by OkaruAudo)

Cairalyn skidded to a halt in front of the woman, eyes wide and jaw tightened in anger. She narrowed her eyes and continued to glare, holding her sword in a way that said, 'If you so much as move your trigger finger you won't have it anymore.' She stayed just as tense as she spoke, her voice calm but also stern sounding. "Who the Hell are you to attack him like that? It would be a shame to kill such a pretty woman." She said with a grin, running the blade gently down her arm, not cutting but teasing, leaving a long scratch mark, showing just how sharp her baby was.

She tee'd off with her, both of them head to head, she held her blade tight in one hand and her directly aimed at Cairalynns head "he deserves to die, I'm already tired of breathing, this place is hell... I know I got a one stop trip downstairs but I'm going to take this fat bastard with me, he made me kill a boy to put him out of his misery, he needs to die"

Cairalyn glanced back before turning to the girl again. "Made you? Tell me more." She beckoned quietly, still holding the sword tightly, not flinching at the apparent threat. She wasn't afraid of death but that only made her more reckless in battle. She felt her lips curve into a small smile, she was quite amused after all.

Mars continued to watch through the scope of his Bad Wife, "why is her knife out?" He was confused as to why she was cutting sand up with her blade. He gave it a closer look and saw her stick a grenade in the sand dune as well before jumping away. It exploded... Mars was confused, she was a good quarter mile away and with Cairalyn still approaching fast he wondered what the hell she was doing. He lowered his rocket launched and coughed into his hands. Looking down he felt the wound on his leg finally begin to clot and scab. "What a strange bandit," he said looked off in the distance at the woman. Stabbing sand, blowing up a sand dune, did she think she was fighting someone, could she actually believe she was engaged in combat with that sand dune? Maybe this was heat exhaustion, or maybe she was as crazy as she seemed. "Be careful bug hunter..." Mars said to himself.

((Poke.))

((this ain't getting anywhere, think I'm done dude :/ ))

((Ok, sounds good brother. See you in the next story. Sorry I couldn't afford to lose my hand, it's key for my weapon use.))

Mars focused and saw Caitalyn and Delilah locked in some sort of epic fight now, "back off!" He yelled, firing his Bad Wife at the fight! An eruption blossomed out of the sand as the rocket hit it's mark... Delilah had been killed. Blood painted across the desert of this fall out in a beautiful pattern that almost resembled a Phoenix. It was oddly beautiful, but weird as hell at the same time. "YOU OK BUG HUNTER!!!" He shouted across the sand towards Caitalyn, he hoped he had missed her. He hoped she was alright and untouched by the blast but only time would tell, "CAITALYN?" Masterson called for his lesbian swordsman partner once more, hoping she would emerge alive from the blood and displaced sands.

An arm reached out of a darkened dune, pulling the woman out eagerly. She glared around in different directions, the sand blowing and blood flying. She had lost her sword and to top it all off, a group of High Rollers came tumbling through the desert, big rolling bugs with tentacles and tendrils. She gasped as she dodged an oncoming predator, kicking it's thick chitin shell, knocking it off to the right.

"Son of a..." Mars sighed, they had killed the bandit that was stalking them but now a bunch of oversized rollie pollies were heading right at them. "GET OUT OF THERE GIRL!" They were still a ways off from him so he finished gathering the items at the camp and securing them in the side car, he followed up that action by revving the engine to get his desert runner started. "Jump on!" He began to drive slowly away from Cairalyn and the High Rollers, this was a speed where she could catch up and hop on if she sprinted but it was also ready to high tail it out of there before the high rollers crushed them. They were like giant tank balls with hard bullet proof shells, truly a force to be reckoned with. Tentacles and giant legs on the inside ready to bounce and body slam their prey, but Mars wouldn't give them that chance, "forget the sword, well get you another!"

Cairalyn wasn't staying behind for the sword, rather for pride. She refused to retreat from some bugs. Running over to one, she forcefully kicked it, brutally knocking it over. When it was knocked over, it opened up and tried to crawl away, recieving angry kicks to the sensitive parts. Unfortunately, Cairalyn wasn't paying attention, she was knocked down by it's wandering tentacles and before she could even get up, another was just over her, moving it's crushing shell over her body, cracking her skull and killing her instantly. Killed by bugs. Who would've guessed.

Trying to start the engine of the desert runner Mars let out a smile. It quivered as fear sunk into his heart, the engine had too much sand in it, it would not be able to start, and he would most likely be done for if he couldn't scare these High Rollers away. There was no possible way he could fight all of them, he had one rocket left in his bad wife and a claymore from a while ago. He set of the explosive on top of his bike and ran, behind him the explosion lit up the sky as if a dragon was breathing death into the sky! Fire rained down along with well digging equipment and rusty old bike parts. These tanks were not phased much by large enemies, but the sound of piercing metal and the fact that some of the High Rollers had burned their elongated testicles caused the group to get angry. "Damnit..."

The plan had back fired, he had one last hope to scare them off, Mars took aim at the leader of the pack, the only one who was directly heading straight at him. The High Rollers were lead by the only female, who unlike the black colored bugs she surrounded herself by, her shell was dark brown. "Come and get me...." With Cairalyn dead Mars really stood no chance, none at all. He dropped into a firing stance when he noticed the sand beneath him beginning to sink. It was quicksand, "double damnit." Aiming the rocket downward he took a deep breath.... White noise was all that Mars remembered, White noise and red.

The sun was setting slowly as Mars awoke. The barrel of his Bad Wife was torn up badly and he had no sense of the time he had lost being unconscious. "Why did they?" Mars had no idea why the High Roller queen had let him live when he looked down at his legs. They had been blown to bits and he had lost a ton of blood, "So which will it be fate?" Masterson asked himself. "Will I starve to death, or will I bleed out?" The air was silent as the sun glimpsed the horizon and shuffling noises from over the dunes came to his attention. "Blade bugs........." Mantis like sword art bugs, they were hungry and fed on humans, "so this is how it ends is it?" a slight chuckle turned into a soft sob, "I was a hero once, what the hell happened?"

The Blade Bugs moved in quickly on the dying old man, "Hero's only die... but so does everyone else."

The End

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Heroes Only Die (Finished)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus