Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Heroes Only Die (Finished)

Cairalyn Salenia (played by OkaruAudo)

Cairalyn let out out an amused laugh, clapping her hand against the other, fake hand slowly. Treading down the stairs she let her guard down, doubting she'd be assaulted, if so there's a good chance she would dodge it completely. Her arms were dropped to her side and her smile poked up to the mask that covered around half her face, her scarf that she brought everywhere was tattered, waving slightly over her back as the wind came in through small holes in the rusty walls of the building, sand occasionally drifting in as if the room were an hourglass. If she had any real emotion it was impossible to see it, her amused smile even appearing plastic, more so than her arm. She stopped about 5 feet away from the group talking, slowly clenching and unclenching her fingers, her first thought going to whether or not they had some prizes naturally.
Mars Masterson (played by RoyaleX318) Topic Starter

"Cairalyn, the Legendary Bug Hunter..." Mars was impressed though he was still on his knees awaiting possible execution from the psychopath infront of him, if Cairalyn was still the same person he met two years ago maybe she could kill the bandit woman and help him out. "Mars Masterson," he nodded from the ground, "we met outside New Arrow City before the Dragon Flies destroyed it." He took a step putting his hand on the ground to stand up completely, "I was building a second well for the city when we last met, do you remember?"

Slightly surprised, her face still retained that emotionless and cold smile, reaching behind her back and pulling a transparent but shiny object from beneath her top, it was a wing. She looked at the large trophy from the dragonflies, it was about three feet long and two wide, hard as a rock, but also flexible. She kept it as a good luck charm. She let out a chuckle and peered down carefully. "I do. That was quite the battle. More dragon than fly." She observed as she tucked the wing back, reaching out a hand and helping the old man up. "Now what is the issue with this kind old man?" She asked with a tinge of irritation in her voice, he had done enough for her.
Delilah Pheonix (played by Ambrosia)

"this kind old man killed a child in cold blood" she stood by the girl, gun still pointed at santa "he agreed to build a well as repayment"

"Maybe, maybe I killed the kid," Mars thought about this and true or not it was worth a shot. For all he knew the lies he was about to spill could be real. "Didn't you fire a shot or two?" He pushed the woman's gun away from his head with the back of his hand and looked at Meridath, "isn't it possible that this woman shot the kid? And maybe she is just blaming me for it!" Snatching the gun away from the woman he opened it up. "Four shots fired!!!" That fact that he had actually discovered that was pretty cool. He hadn't expected to find anyshots missing, maybe one at most. He assumed the woman had more weapons but it didn't matter. He tossed the pistol to the girl, "she shot the boy and blamed me, that's low. Real low..." The bunker dwellers began to mermer in slight confusion, who actually killed the kid? It was hard to say now.

"sure, okay, let's go with that idea, 4 bullets missing, feel the tip of the gun, it should be warm, it isn't. Smell it, see if you can smell gun powder, because I can't and 3rd" she made her way to the lady and picked up her gun then handed it to her "trigger doesn't work" she smiled devilishly pressing the trigger multiple times, it didn't go off once "it doesn't have a safety, it's a revolver "wanna check my other gun? The one that works? Okay" she opened up the mag and all bullets were there.

"next evidence, see that mini gun Over there? Bullets big enough to go straight through its victims" she pointed at her shoulder, blood dried around the wound "bullet went clean through, it hurt like hell "check his breath for alcohol, smell the handle of the mini gun, he wiped the alcohol from his lips using his hand. So you should be able to smell the whisky.

She approached the child and weaved a cross from her head to belly button to shoulders. Delilah looked back at the woman "bullets went straight through and hit the wall behind him, look at him and tell me if a revolver can shred away human skin like that"

"That model of weapon is called a cool tip, it was invented by the mob in 2200 to be able to not show any signs of commiting crime," although that was true he didn't know that the weapon was actually fired. "But she is right about the wounds, look at the boys leg, that is a minigun shot..." He approached the boy, "but this shot in the head looks like it was from a much smaller round, her Cold Tip 2200 perhaps?" Mars nodded trying to examine the expressions of the Bunker Dwellers, "I'll build your well, but I'm believing less and less that I killed your lad." This started as crap but he was now believing she killed this kid more and more and that she was framing Mars for the whole thing for some reason. He knew the hall was mostly clear before he started to fire the mini gun! "So your trigger doesn't work? You broke your own gun to look innocent didn't you. And you want these poor helpless folk to believe your just the friendliest ol bandit in the world. One with a nice little MAN EATING roach hound at your side." This set up was unacceptable, he coulsnt believe he was about to let this crazy, lying, bandit put him to death for her own crimes!

"one that hasn't killed a single person, I've already explained how I didn't kill the child, one of my guns has full ammo and the other is broken" she approached the boy and turned him over, bullets shot clean through his abdomen "he held his stomach and bled out, he begged me to help, so I did, but not with my gun, with a blade" she pulled out her blade which had dry blood on it "believe what you must" she tossed the blade at his feet "but whatever you say can't justify what you did" a man with a bandage on his arm stepped out of one of their little homes, he approached them "it's true, he opened fire as soon as he swung that gun around, must've thought it was her when he did, when I got hit with the bullet I saw Kyle fall flat, his stomack was torn to shreds and chunks of his guts fell out. He was choking, trying to call for help, and I just saw her...stab him in the head... Kyle doesn't have a family, but we all know him... How could you?!" The boy had tears rolling from his eyes as he yelled at Masterson.

"I hate this guy" Jayce said looking at him from up close, Delilah didn't think much of it "believe what you must, i don't shoot people willynilly, don't forget that he's drunk, he can't be trusted" she walked towards the door "he your problem" the Roach Hound in tow, both of them headed for the exit.
((I'm gunna assume abs isn't part of this anymore))

The other bunker dwellers began to argue, some saying that they believed the woman, some saying they saw her fire on the boy! The rabble had all lived together for so long they began to argue which turned to fighting. The small crowd entered the hall way causing a big commotion. This allowed Mars the chance to slip out, "come with me." He whispered to the Bug Hunter. He scurried upstairs while Delilah was caught in the frustration... Most likely arguing with her imaginary friend. Mars ran a knife along the power cords of her Desert Runner and proceeded to gather his items quickly. He examined his bike before tossing his 'Bad Wife' onto his back. "Get in Bug Hunter, let crazy people be crazy people."

Being biased herself, Cairalyn believed the old man over the young woman, even if the woman was attractive, she had a menacing touch to her, bothering her quite a bit. Cairalyn nodded, climbing in back and trying to relax, not one for physical contact she gripped the metal bars on the bottom of the seat, knuckles turning white as she tightened her grip, holding tightly and taking a deep breath, looking back to the black haired woman with a helpless look, shrugging and mouthing the word sorry.

The bug hunter clinging to his back Masterson dropped the weapon to his sidecar. "Let's get out of this messed up society," and with that he started the engine and the two of them drove off in search of a less crazy civilization. This wasn't uncommon though, people being driven mad being surrounded by the same people, in the same spot, with the same diet. It was heart wrenching to see but Mars wouldn't be surprised if those bunker dwellers are eachother alive that afternoon that he drove away.

Once a safe distance gone, Mars stopped his Desert Runner and set up camp with Cairalyn. She was young and attractive, they'd make a good team. "Hey girl," Mars said after a long while of silence on the way there. "Why don't we team up, we save small settlements from the bugs and then dig wells to give them fresh water." They would be saving the world one shanty town at a time. And having a young piece of eye candy to distract his mind from the desolate land scape around him wasn't the worst thing. "What do you say bug hunter?"

Delilah was half way up the stairs, she heard the fighting start, there was no reason to stop them, they should have let her execute him. Mars nudged her as he ran past her, she saw the fat santa cut her bike as she chased after them. She smiled as the zoomed off "bingo" her plan worked under strange circumstances, yes, but it worked. Elvis approached her with her bag dragging behind it. She threw it over her shoulder and mounted her large Roach Hound. Elvis' shell moved a little and raised up an inch, two wings emerged from its sides all slimey and dripping of ooze.

Delilah had Elvis spit on his bike so the Roach could track it's scent.

With a flap of its wings, Elvis was off with Delilah on his back "I'm going to kill him" Delilah said to herself
"I wanna see him bleed" Jayce said holding onto her as she flew on Elvis' back

Cairalyn tapped her chin, lost in thought. She definitely wasn't thinking about this man's looks, even if she were attracted to men he wouldn't fit her criteria. She finally let out a deep sigh and blew some sand, deciding at once. "Well. I suppose so, give me any problems and I'm out. I prefer to be alone." She huffed and kicked at the sand, plopping down and fidgeting with her mask, taking it off for once, feeling she was able to trust this man, a large scar from one end of her eye to the other, her eye remained closed as she couldn't move it. One thing she did leave was the prosthetic, knowing it could protect her if things went awry.

"Problems? Alone??" Mars chuckled, "I ain't flirting with you miss, I'm in my sixties, and what are you? Sixteen??" He finally got a fire going and sat down as the sun finally set in the dusty sky. I was in the war years ago, I know truths you couldn't even imagine..." He watched the girl take off her mask, "I admit your a beautiful girl, but more in a grand daughter kinda way." He took out a bag, and pulled something white from it. "Now that we are partners you get to feast in my treasures," he tossed her the bag of old, stale marshmallows and began to roast one on a stick.

Cairalyn gasped and her jaw tightened at his estimate of age. "Excuse me!? You're off by 7 years buddy. 23. Get it right!" She took a deep breath and gasped at the bag of marshmallows, surprised he had some as rare as they were. She didn't trust the sticks and instead cleaned her blade before sticking the sugary lump onto it's point, holding it over the fire and scooting closer eagerly, laughing at his compliment. "I'm not beautiful." She muttered quietly.

He laughed right back, "I suppose not, your one ugly kid!" His laughter poured from his mouth as he shoveled the marshmallow in his mouth. He coughed as he swallowed the gooey lump of goodness. "But there's something about your scarred up, half plastic allure that gives off this vibe of strength." He took the bag of marshmallows back and tied it, placing it behind his sweaty head he lay back on it like a pillow. "Even though your about twenty years to late to have even lived in the Last War, your still torn up because of it." Masterson stared up at the stars and moved his hat over his eyes. "What I mean is that there is a certain beauty to your strength girl." Not wanting to sound too parent like the old man turned over, "good night kid, thanks for today... I owe you one."

Cairalyn was about to stop him, telling him he didn't owe a thing, but instead pursed her lips and decided it'd be better to just keep quiet. She didn't like conversation in the least and she wanted to sleep, she sighed and pulled the marshmallow off the thin blade, placing it on her tongue and swallowing it, a metal taste mingling with it, even the slight coppery taste of blood. Surprisingly it didn't bother her, being one who had drank her enemies' blood before, she got vicious when angered, almost inhuman like. She stood slowly and pulled something out of her pack, a beaten and tore tarp, along with two posts, placing them into the sand and placing the tarp above, big enough to give plenty of room for both of them, the wind making it whip a bit as she lied as far from the old man as possible.

The sun punched Masterson's eyelids open with full force, "I hate desolation," he grumbled to himself. The old crock opened up his bag and rummaged through it, searching, searching, "mmmm beef jerky." Mars began to snack saving a larger piece at the bottom for his new associate. He walked over to his Desert Runner, examining it he found the Roach Hounds gunk shot on it. "God damnit... Cairalyn get up." He tossed the mostly empty bag on the girls sleeping body. "We gotta go." He took a stick and mixed it around in the embers before pressing it against the bikethe gunk sizzled and was gone leaving only a smokey untraceable scent... But who knows how close that crazy woman could be. "Girl," Mars gave the girl a slight kick to the rib cage, "get up, that psycho bandit on her way."

Before long, a bullet pierced the old man right in the back of the knee. The wind had picked up causing sand to raise up and obscure their surroundings. "you just destroyed a community! What happened to your promise of a well you old Shit!?" she yelled using the sand as cover "you know the legends? Those who travel the desert come across a demon, when the winds pick up, bodies drop" the Roach Hound was quite far from them, awaiting Delilah's call

Cairalyn groaned a bit as she was kicked, still asleep, that is until she hears a gun shot and a groan, her eye snapping open, she bolted upright, on her feet in an instant, clipping her mask and sliding the long sword out of her sheathe, running forward until she could make out a familiar figure in the sand, she left the old man for the time being and instead continued to rush at the black haired woman. She couldn't think anything but rage and her instinct took over. This woman was a threat, and threats get killed. Forgetting completely about the fact she wanted to hear her side.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Heroes Only Die (Finished)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus