Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » (1x1) Friends And Enemies

Djamila Alitta (played anonymously)

Cynthia had found a strange forest on one of her daily runs. The path seemed to shift and change and soon enough she certainly didn't know where she was going. The blue-haired girl slowed down, looking around curiously with bright green eyes. A new forest was intriguing. Her pace was now leisurely as she walked, leaving the dirt path all-together and instead making her way through the trees and around bushes.

She was a strange sight herself, if only for the slight abnormality. Gray skin, blue hair and bright green pupil-less eyes were the only things that seperated her from appearing human. Her attire was simple; black tanktop underneath a short-sleeved yellow shirt that hung off her shoulders, and dark pink pants with black vertical stripes, and black shoes.

Cynthia listened. If it was a forest, there would be regular forest sounds; crickets chirping, birds tweeting, perhaps some rabbits or squirrels going through the tree limbs or bushes. If it didn't have any of those sounds, the forest could potentially be dangerous.
Rinku (played by f0x1nth3b0x)

Rin was leaving his house, which happened to be under ground with a tunnel leading outward. This might have been odd for a human, but Rin was not all human, you see. He was half fox and his father had made the Den for them before Rin's birth. Shutting the wooden door behind him, he stooped to crawl out of the tunnel and emerged randomly in the woods. There was little to no indication where the Den was from above and people had managed to trip over the entrance more than once.

He walked out and straightened once he was outside, shaking the dirty from his ears which inevitably scraped the ceiling of the tunnel. He sauntered into the woods, wearing only a pair of cargo shorts, his bare feet making little sound as he padded into the trees. He was an impossibly tall man and thinner than he should have been as his bones were mostly visible. Besides being freakishly built, Rin sported two fox ears atop his head, both black with red tips. Throughout the skin of his ears, he had rings and gauges, more than you could count at first. His fox parts extended to the black and white tipped tail which stuck out from his specially sewn pants. It was hard to tell without touching, but his skin was covered in a fine fur, which caused him to have a dark grey shadow over his white skin.

He put his larger hands into his pockets after letting his waist-length white hair loose, the tips of which were the same Tuscan red as his ear tips. His was built like a human besides the fox parts and his eyes were mismatched; the left was blue while the right was blue. If one looked really closely, they might notice the yellow eye had a slit pupil and reflected light oddly. Whilst he wondered his woods, he scratched at the various scars on his skin; he was almost literally covered in them, in fact. He whistled softly to himself as he roamed toward the lake in the middle of the Forest.
Djamila Alitta (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Cynthia, once satisfied that the place was safe, continued on her exploration of the forest. It was quite interesting, she had absolutely no sense of direction in here! Soon enough, she found herself at a clearing with a lake. And there was someone else around as well. She stared at the being from afar for a few moments, but then sauntered closer. "Hey." she said, smiling a bit.

She wasn't quite normal either, so the fact that the guy was half-fox-something didn't bother her too much. She did eye his scars, curious as to where he'd gotten them. It was an awful lot of scars after all.

Rin froze in mid step; his ears swiveling toward her. Slowly, his head followed their lead and he took the girl in. He was used to finding strangers in his home, but he still didn't like to be caught unawares. He relaxed his muscles and forced a smile at the girl. "Uh, Hello there."

He awkwardly held a hand up and waved, the other slipping behind his neck in a nervous gesture.

Cynthia smiled back at him, noticing that he was rather...uneasy. Ah well, it was to be expected. She smiled simply and would walk over to stand beside him and look at the water. "Well you're the first I've seen her, so excuse me if I'm a bit forward. But would you happen to know where I am? And...how I'm supposed to get out?" She chuckled a bit. "I don't need to leave right away, but it'd be nice to know eventually."

"Uh, well," he relaxed marginally and looked about them, his ears moving before his head. "This place doesn't just let you out all the time... Most times the Forsaken takes you in for a reason.." He looked to Cynthia and took a step closer, deciding that she probably wasn't going to hurt him.

"If you walk back the way you came, a lot of the time you can be spit out in the place you started."

Cynthia thought this over. "A reason? Well that's interesting. And you called this place... the Forsaken? Do you live here, then?" She couldn't help but be curious, and she was relieved when he seemed to relax around her, and even came closer. She just gave him a warm smile to hopefully encourage him. "Walk back the way I came?" She glanced over her shoulder. "Heh...well that might be kind of hard. I'm not exactly sure which way that is." She wasn't too bothered by this fact though.

The man's ears seemed to talk more than he did: they moved with every one of her questions, giving their own responses based on his comfort. "Yes I live here... And You can always just try.. To walk to the edges, if that makes sense."

His toes dug into the soil as he shifted his weight to one side. His tail swished lightly behind him and he pointed past the lake. "Sometimes if you walk past the water and keep going it will spit you out, but not where you came from." He shifted again and pointed past her. "If you walk out that way through the woods you should come out near a city."

Cynthia nodded a bit. "You really do know your way around." She smiled. "Thanks for the advice. I don't think I'll leave just yet though. This place seems interesting. Would you mind taking me around?" She paused for a moment, then gave a light laugh. "Oh, by the way. My name is Cynthia. It's nice to meet you." She'd been a bit negligent in introducing herself, so she fixed her mistake quickly!

"Rinku," he answered, holding out one of his overly large grey hands. His nails were black and obviously chewed down. "Call me Rin; nice to meet you Cynthia." He smiled less nervously, the corners of his lips curling in a foxin grin. "I can show you around if you'd like... but there isn't much to see around this place."

He ran his hands through his hair and pulled it up into a messy sort of bun ponytail hybrid and waved a hand behind him as to encourage her to follow.

Cynthia took his hand and shook it. "You can call me Cyn if you like. Nice to meet you, Rin!" She smiled back at him. "I think it's worth it just to check out what's here, anyways. That'd be great, thanks." She'd follow him along, humming softly for a moment or two. "So Rin, tell me about yourself? If you like, I'll tell you about myself first, just so we're even." She chuckled a bit and would smile at him.

"Uh..." He felt his gray-white cheeks take on a pinkish hue and began to walk. His ears fell back and he took soft, almost inaudible steps along the river bed. "There isn't much to say about me really."

Chewing the inside of his lip ring, Rin fell silent, hoping she might pick up the conversation first. This was weird.

Cynthia giggled softly. "Alright, I'll go first. My name's Cynthia, I'm twenty-four years old...I'm a Dekaln, as well. Dekaln aren't too different from humans. A little more enhanced in natural abilities, and appearances are obviously different." She thought for a moment. "I live on my own, I like cats and a good movie..." She chuckled a bit. "Does that help? Think you can tell me a little more about yourself?"

Rin nodded, taking in the information. It seemed this girl liked to talk. He wondered if he should start out negatively and mentioned his dislike for cats....

"As I said, my name is Rin... I don't have a last name, really. I'm 41 years of age and I am not entirely human as you might have guessed." Another flash of that foxin grin. "I've lived here roughly my whole life and I am a twin." He stopped talking, thinking this was probably enough of an explanation for himself. "Ask me any question about what you're seeing around you...If you want.."

Unfortunately, all they could see thus far was the lake they had met by, the thick wall of trees and the small island-like rock in the middle of the lake.

Cynthia listened intently as he spoke of himself. "You don't look that old." she commented. "And yes, I've noticed you're not entirely human." She chuckled a bit and smiled at him. As he spoke of being a twin though, she grew curious. "Oh really? That's interesting. Brother or sister?" Twins were always something curious.

"I'm the brother, and I have a sister.." he realized after he'd said it that his words probably came out weird, but he shook it off. "I really am that old, though." He eyed her at a sidelong glance and his ear twitched. She wasn't entirely human like herself, but he wasn't about to inquire. He thought he might be rude if he did. "Uhm.. Do you have siblings? I technically have more."

Cynthia listened to him and nodded slightly. "I see, that's pretty neat then." She smiled at him. When he said he really was that old, she laughed a little. "I see. Well that is still pretty interesting." When he posed the question at her, she shook her head. "I don't have any siblings. I have cousins, and parents. But I don't have any siblings. None that I know of, at least." She smiled at him.

"So do you ever leave the forest, Rinku?"

"I do.. some times. Into a city adjacent to the Forsaken." He was walking aimlessly now, understanding that his "tour" of the forest was more of a walk through the woods whilst conversing instead of pointing things out. He adjusted the fabric around his waist, hiking it up so that it would sit in place properly. "Normal people don't see me like you do now. The forest usually dispells secrets... Humans just see me as some freakishly tall bean pole with a lot of metal in his face and enough scars to place tick-tack-toe on." His ears had fallen back and one side of his mouth pulled in a wry smirk.

Cynthia listened to him and nodded. "Oh, alright. That must be nice to go to sometimes." When he spoke of people not normally seeing him, she listened intently. "Huh. Well I guess that's just because I'm not a normal human, probably." When he mentioned about his scars, she laughed and leaned over a bit to tap against his skin by one of his scars, drawing an O. "Your turn." She looked up at him and grinned, then straightened and kept walking along. "Sorry, sorry~ I just couldn't pass up the chance, that comment was too great."

He leaned over to look at his ribs, where she'd put the phantom O. His brow furrowed and he mimed and X in the "center" box. "I think I've played this game before. I don't win." Again, a fox's grin as he met her eyes.

"Your turn."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » (1x1) Friends And Enemies

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus