Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Duplicate group tags

I was browsing through some of the characters and I'm noticing that some group tags like "The Golden Tether" is coming up several times for different characters... and all lead to the same place. (it happens several times throughout the first and second page of the "Most viewed" characters)

Just as an FYI
Kim Site Admin

I can see why this would be confusing, but there's actually no duplicates here!

Some of those are group tags, generated by actual membership in an RPR group. But some of those are game tags -- generated by a player typing in a name and URL of a game where they play that particular character. Some characters have both. The game tags in this case do not actually go to the RPR group, they go to TGT's own website (http://www.thegoldentether.com/)
Sanne Moderator

They're actually two different tags. One is auto generated because the character joined the RPR group on the site, the other is a game tag (not group) added manually by the player and linking to TGT's official website outside of RPR.

This is not in error and working exactly as it should.

Some games, guilds or sites have an official icon that they use which Kim adds for popular places. TGT happens you use their icon for their group as well, giving the impression of duplicates.

Edit: Kim beat me to it. XD

You are on: Forums » Help » Duplicate group tags

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus