Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Unable to drag widgets

crossinabox

So, I am unable to add a widget by dragging or move it, can someone tell me why?

I have not had any problems prior, just had an update in windows 8 last night and just updated my Java (which is working properly). I'm not having any other sort of internet or program glitches just on RPR.

I use google chrome if that is a factor.

Thank you!
CIAB
Sanne Moderator

I'm able to drag widgets just fine, considering you updated Windows recently that might be it. Java and javascript are unrelated though so that isn't it.

What could have happened is that Javascript was turned off in Chrome. You can check its settings (and clear cache if you feel like it just in case) and enable it if it's disabled. If it's enabled, try dragging widgets in a different browser such as Firefox. If it works in FF, then I recommend reinstalling Chrome. (Sync your bookmarks etc to your Google account or back them up for easy recovery, as well as any other data in the browser you might want to keep.)

As a huge last resort, you can try rolling back the update and see if things work again then, but that may be a far stretch and inconvenient.

If both browsers aren't allowing you to drag the widgets, then something else is going on that requires some investigation. It's highly unlikely this is an issue with RPR, but Kim may check out your account anyway if the above doesn't solve your problems. :)
crossinabox Topic Starter

I can drag and drop in Internet Explorer. Also, I "relaunched" Chrome into Windows 8 mode and it works that way... curious, very curious.
*Update*
So I relaunched it back into desktop mode and now it all works. -Shrugs- Ode to how wonderful Windows 8 is...
Sanne Moderator

Then it's definitely something with Windows that's affecting Chrome. I recommend getting in touch with Chrome and Windows support on their forums first, maybe do the rollback on the update in the meantime if you feel up to that. I'm glad you have some way to make it work though!
Kim Site Admin

It could be also be a plugin that was added to Chrome, or a setting that was changed in Chrome. It may be coincidental to the update rather than caused by it, no way to know.

Plugins causing javascript errors are quite probably the #1 reason why widgets stop working.

You are on: Forums » Help » Unable to drag widgets

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus