Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Sorta newish?

I used to RP shenanigans with my friends in middle school, and I've wanted to get back into that for a while now. I'm not at all experienced with this sort of thing with stats and adventure and all that and just kinda wanted to have some silly fun!

I'm also a hobby-level writer, and thing that acting as my characters would be a wonderful way to really get to know them better, to get a proper feel for their personalty, so it all works out really!
Hey, welcome to RPR! Make yourself at home here.
Hi welcome to rpr hope you have fun! :-)
Ben Moderator

I find that roleplay can be very helpful for developing writing skills, especially if you find partners who are also passionate about the craft. Welcome to RPR, I hope you have a great experience here :)
Kim Site Admin

Welcome to the site -- I agree that RP can be incredible for practicing your writing skills, especially if you are intentional about it! :)
Welcome! Great thing about this format of RP generally doesn't require stats and whatnot (at least in terms of, like, numbering abilities; defining traits is important!), it just has room for them if desired. :) Beware that characters don't always cooperate with what you want to happen, though! I know there's been times I wanted to slap mine silly.

If you need help with anything, don't hesitate to ask. ^_^ The Help pages here are also pretty spiffy.
Welcome to RPR! I hope you're enjoying the site and finding lots of new RP! :)

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Sorta newish?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus