Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Finding the truth (open)

Protocol Section (played by Section)

Earth, torn and battered. Buildings and towns leveled, Stores emptied of supplies, all of what is left is rotten or spoiled. Tree's dead and burnt in the city area. Buildings emptied and completely devoid of life. Much like a ghost town, the rusted hollowed out husks of Vehicles in the streets. Skeletons of humans, and animals alike line the streets and cars, old broken weapons and even body armor on the ground. Fabric from old clothes still there, even a few items such as cellphones or purses, even a few coins or dollar bills.

It has looked this way, for over five hundred years now. Generations crossed the gap from the otherwise, mostly peaceful days of yesteryear. And the most damning part about it? No one has a clue what happened. All of it just hearsay or complete myth about how Earth ended up this way. Course there is always the whole "Global Warming" idea, but Global warming does not cause entire buildings to just suddenly explode or collapse, people think it might have been a war...but a war that was never documented? Unlikely.

No one knows, anyone who seeks the truth never really finds any hard proof of what happened.

However, despite the catastrophic events that took place, the Human race still lives on. Normally in hiding, away from others. Or they have tried to evacuate the planet. Though, most if not all attempts at it have failed. People hide because they can't trust other people, with no law, no government and no order. It is pretty much upto people to defend themselves from others. Sure, there were some well garden colony blocks that had their only little "Military" to protect them. But unless you were rich or had something to offer, good luck getting in.

Currency never dies, though most money has been forgotten. And pretty much been replaced with just trading basic goods for other basic goods and so on.

Now, with all of this information in ones mind, what with the thought that they could be killed at anytime or be forced into slavery. One would think one would just stay in their house, or base of some kind and never leave except to get food or water?

Well Section is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

You see, Section wants something... MORE from this world. He does not want Earth to be a shell of it's former self anymore. He wants something better, an Earth with a reestablished Government, Lay system and such. Quite the ambitious goal for a sixteen year old? Well, Section also seems to have this...illusion that he can somehow do this all on his own.

He is not stuck up or anything, he is not above others helping him, he just hates asking for help. He hates the idea of inconveniencing people, or putting trust in others who he does not know.

Section was sixteen and a half, had dark ginger hair that went down to his neck in the back, to the tips of his ears on the side and to his eyebrows in the front, which covered a scar on the left side of his forehead, it looked almost like a bullet wound. It was very neat and flat, and actually quite thick hair. He had dark green eyes, a pale like face and a few freckles her and there on his cheeks. He was a little well build, more so in the legs and arms. He wore a black trench coat, black track pants, some black sneakers with red stripes and had some black gloves. The reason he wore so much black, was so he could blend in at night. Since that was when crime was most active, since the nights never really were that cold, even in the middle of winter it only dropped to about two below.

On his left wrist, an arm computer like thing which he used to talk to people, hack systems, scan vital signs and command the drones he made. Yes, he had a knack for making drones too. Often preferring to use them rather than actually going into combat.

Section sighed as his feet dangled over the edge of an office complex, he was seven stories up and he was hanging out a window. Looking down at all the skeletons, rubble, trash and car husks. He looked over at the setting sign and tilted his head "I wonder if the Sun looked different when it was viewed five hundred years ago?" he asked himself as he leaned back, and then fell onto the office floor since the window was high off the ground. He groaned and rubbed the back of his head and he looked at ceiling "Stop leaning on things" he said to himself and he dusted himself off, before heading for the stairs. He sighed gently and stretched, jumping a little when he heard his back 'crack'. He shivered "I hate that sound" he mumbled to himself in disgust. Section was often very lonely, so he often fixed this by talking to himself. Often rambling to himself for hours and hours, but even that is slowly losing effect on keeping him entertained.
Lexi Hays (played by SteamPower_Birb)

A small, old and battered looking makeshift quad rotor drone came through the Sixth floor window of the building, cautiously surveying the floor before having a malfunction in the rear left engine. With a terrible noise the drone spirals out of control, crash landing near the foot of the stairs to the seventh floor, camera facing away from the stairs.

Without much warning several noises came from outside of the building, a short distance down the street from the one Section was in. A single irate female voice echoed, spewing curses and terrible other phrases in what was a unending stream of obscenities. Whoever the owner of the voice was, she had a very imaginative vocabulary. Also came the sounds of tools, loud clangs and various other noises associated with either construction or deconstruction. All of it was unusually loud compared to the quietness of the dead city...
Protocol Section (played by Section) Topic Starter

Section jumped when he heard a QUAD drone. He took out his pistol and he slowly went down the stairs "I swear if this is another one of my minds hallucinations I am going to shoot myself...not that it would probably do any good, knowing my luck I would live. Considering the last time I w-" He stopped when he saw a crashed QUAD. He slowly walked down all the way and he picked it up "This reminds me of Sasha!" he said and he looked it over "Only...it has a camera, not a gun" he commented as he dusted it off "Looks like the engine is busted..." he said as he looked at it. He then looked around "But who does it belong too?" he asked himself. He then jumped when he heard a few curses and the sound of tools. He then slowly turned the camrea to face him as he looked at it "Ummm,,, Hello? is anyone there?" he asked curiously

A startled yelp quickly ends the tirade outside. The camera adjust and focuses itself, carefully looking at the face that it now saw. A voice comes over a small speaker behind the camera "O-oh yes! H-hello! I didn't realize anyone was still living in this area, s-sorry if i disturbed you. Say...I-if you would be s-so kind as to please bring that pesky little th-thing back to me? I kind of n-need it. I'm not very far from you if it's telling me right." the voice goes silent for several moments before coming back on again "Ummm...Th-there's some f-food in it for you too if you h-hurry. Like...now please." over the speaker low growling sounds could be heard.

He blinked curiously. Section did not look that old. He was sixteen, but his face still portrayed some form of youth in it still. He looked at the drone, and then he looked back at the camera. "Okay. I will come over then" he said and he started to walk to where she resided. However, curiosity got the better of him. And he began to tinker it on the way to where she was. Not a lot of tinkering though, he only ever kept a couple spare parts on him in case SASHA broke down. He then smiled "Oh, I see the problem" he said and he began to fix the engine up. He walked upto the door to the building he heard the cursing and the tool banging coming from. He then knocked on the door and he waited for the girl to come to the door and let him in.

Again a loud racket could be heard inside followed by the yelping of a dog. After several moments the door opens to reveal the owner of the little quad-drone. A wheelchair bound, petite woman with long, messy black hair that reached down to the middle of her back and unusually green eyes. A single jagged scar was visible along the right side of her jaw. Combined with the two blue triangles tattoos just under her eyes and she was certainly strange looking. Her clothes, while dirty looked in decent shape. A pair of khaki cargo pants, rough looking sneakers and a t-shirt.

The girl waves her visitor inside "Thanks for bringing him back. Little fellow is my eyes and ears. Come on in. Food will be ready soon. Again, sorry if I disturbed you. Didn't know anyone was still out here. So what's a kid doing out here anyways?" Rolling farther inside the building, the place cluttered with junk, she motions again "Come on, don't know who else might be here. I mean, you're here after all. Don't mind Rosco, he won't eat you...I think. he's a good boy." at the mention of the name 'Rosco' a very large dog pokes his head out from behind a pile of various pieces of clothing

He blinked at the racket. He looked to the Quad Drone in his hands, then back at the door "Sound's like she builds things like me" he mumbled and then jumped a little when the door opened. He took a bit of time to study her, before shaking his head "You did not disturb me. I don't live here" he mumbled and he looked around "I was just up on the roof, thinking about things" he said as he thought about why she was in a wheel chair, maybe he would ask later. He looked at the young woman, and chuckled "I am not THAAAT young" he said happily "I am sixteen, though I look way younger I bet" he said and he looked forward, before stepping inside and following her, closing the door behind him. He hummed gently "I was hear to-" he gasped and he jumped when the dog jumped out. He sighed gently and he nodded "Oh, geez. Sorry I am a little jumpy around animals" he said gently. He looked back at her

"As I was saying. I was scouting out the area, trying to find a place to...start rebuild" he said gently and he stopped walking and he looked at her "I want to try and rebuild civilization. Try and...fix this the best I can" he said gently and he leaned back "I don't like living like this...in fear and living in awful conditions. I want to try and make everyone's lives better" he said gently. He then looked at her, wondering what her reaction might be.

Rolling to a stop the woman points to the dog then outside "Rosco, scout." The dog quickly stands, now fully visible and shown to be wearing a harness, and heads outside, not even giving a second glance to the intruder in it's home. "He really is a good boy...unless you take his food or hurt me. Don't do either, specially don't take his food. It's bad for your health."

Pointing to her right, behind a large pile of scrap, electronics and a few other items the girl draws attention to a small rack of three more quad drones. Beside the drones was a large machine, a old 3D printer "Riiiight....You sure you're sixteen? Certainly a kids dream if I ever heard one. Any idea where to find all the stuff for that? Power supply, food, water...all of that AND people? It's do-able but...you're a single person. Noble goals mind you, but next to impossible to obtain with what's available. That takes a lot of people. I mean, look at this place? This is two months worth of me working hard." Besides all the piles of random objects, clothing and scrap, there was a very old couch, a cobbled together table and very little else.

Turning around she smiles slightly "Anyways, mind putting him in the empty rack there? I'll check him later." Looking over her shoulder "Again, thanks for bringing my drone back. So, what's your name? I'm Lexi. You met Rosco. You like mystery soup?"

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Finding the truth (open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus