Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Hello there

Hey, I'm darkreicheru. A friend of mine irl told me about this place, so I figured I would check it out. I've been rping for roughly... 6 years now, primarily on a harry potter themed roleplaying site (though harry potter isn't the only thing I rp). I'm a college student who's currently looking for a job, so my schedule is pretty hectic. I can rp as both genders and I can play multiple characters (though I'm not sure how that would work on this site). I like a variety of genres, though I mostly rp rl, hp, fantasy, and mutants/superpowers.

Have any questions? Feel free to ask :)
Sanne Moderator

Welcome to RPR! :D You'll be able to find HP roleplay on here too, or pretty much anything else you can think of.

I'm not sure I fully understand your situation with multiple characters. If you RP on RPR, you can do so on the public forums, in (private) groups and through private messages. You can have as many of them going at the same time as you like, since your characters aren't bound to just one topic. :) Though you might want to check with your partners if they're okay with your character 'multiversing' (existing in numerous different universes at the same time) since some don't like it.

'Real life rp' is usually called 'modern rp' around here by the way, in case you have some trouble finding that particular genre!

I think you'll fit right in. ;) What are you studying in college at the moment?
darkreicheru Topic Starter

As far as the multiple characters, I mean using at least two or more different characters in a single rp.

Thanks for telling me that :) I suppose it makes sense for them to be called modern.

I'm a computer science major, though I'm not sure which direction I want to take with it. There are so many possibilities!
Darth Sinnice (played by Sanne)

Oh! That makes sense. Whenever you reply to a post, you have the option to choose who you post as, it's right above the text box. When you want to post as a second, third, or even fourth character, just reply with a new post, pick that character from the list and you'll be posting as that character! :) Just like I'm doing right now. ;)

One thing to keep in mind is that the topic remembers who you last posted as, so you have to double-check to ensure you're posting as the right character. This is the same for both groups and PMs. Does this explain it?

You may still call it real life if you prefer, it's just that most of us around here call it modern. ;) I don't want you to skip those topics because you think they aren't what you're looking for.

That's exciting! Do you have anything that's drawing you at the moment?
Cdr Susan Shepard (played by Sanne)

I forgot to add (and am using this as an opportunity to show how the multi-character thing works), some people choose to use one character to reply as multiple in one post, depending on how much info is being exchanged.

For instance, if character A and B are both involved, character A might have a lot to say, but B might only shrug and say 'Okay'. In that case it's totally acceptable to post as character A and just write what B does in the same post, to avoid a huge mess of double-triple posts for one word replies.

Some people also have multiple characters on one profile, which allows them to play like this too. It's only limited to your creativity, but it's always a good idea to double check with your partners to avoid confusion. :)
I often end up playing several characters with just one profile even if they have their own. It's all about preference and what works for you!
Victoriantruth

Hi there! Welcome and hope you have fun! If you are looking for someone to rp with, you can always check my characters and let me know if any of them suit you.
Harry Potter!! (Oh, this is the second time today I got to get all excited about Harry Potter lol Hufflepuff FTW!)

I hope you are finding everything to your liking and are settling in well :3 You will find tons of people from all different walks of RP! Never be afraid to ask question or talk to people :3 We are glad to have you and hope you come to love it here as much as the rest of us!
Kim Site Admin

Whoa, that was a ton of good info that Sanne just gave. Thanks Sanne! :)

And yes, my goodness, there are SO many directions to go with a computer science degree. Sounds like the world is your oyster! :D Welcome to the RPR!

(P.S. RAVENCLAW FOREVER!)
darkreicheru Topic Starter

That makes sense :)

I'm not really sure. I've though about video game development, but its kind of a small business with everybody wanting to go in it. There's also database development, but its seems kind of boring... But it pays really well. I'm still trying to figure out what all kinds of jobs I can get, and which ones I would be interested in.

I'm a Slytherin. That's what I am on my other rping site, and that's what I was sorted into on Pottermore. Harry Potter rps are pretty abundant on that website, but I only join them every once in a while. After a while, the characters just blend together and there's nothing new.
Welcome to RPR! :) I hope you're enjoying it here so far. And yay another Slytherin! *highfive*

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Hello there

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus