Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Head down and heart still...

I think i am going to be leaving the site... As much fun as it has been, I just don't come back these days... And I can't find anyone to RP with. Idk..
Kim Site Admin

I'm sorry you're feeling this way. If the site's not for you, then I wouldn't want to keep you if you aren't having fun. It is, of course, all about fun. And I did have fun palling around with you when I saw you around.

I need to tentatively point out that this is your second or third post with a very dramatic title in which you say you are going to be leaving the site. I'm sure you don't mean it to come off this way, but it does look like fishing for attention or pity, especially when it happens regularly. That sort of thing is a big downer, and tends to drive away potential friends rather than endear them.

If you would genuinely like to RP, try finding some characters that look fun and just asking them to play? Or try responding to one of the threads where people are asking for RP partners. There is one started nearly every day. :)
Drayle88 Topic Starter

Second or third...? -scratches head- Really?

I'm sorry if it came across that way, but this is the only time it actually came to mind, I assure you...
Kim Site Admin

It almost sounds like you need to chill out, eat some of your favorite food, and blast some tunes or get your read on. If there's something troubling you in your personal life, you have my condolences and sympathy - believe me, I've dealt with a lot of [radio edit] in my time. That being said, however, roleplay is one of the best ways to distract yourself from whatever you've got going on, whether it's personal, boredom, or just plain ol' confusion. This place literally exists as a hub for talented and creative people to come together and paint an image with just their fingers and a keyboard. I'd be willing to bet a ban on my account that if you started up an open rp and not a 1x1 that you'd get at least four or five people jumping in on that action - I tested the waters with an Elder Scrolls-esque thing (which Andryn and I are still keen on, if you're interested) and got at least three or four other people in on it.

If you're just bored with the site, that's another thing completely. I respect that; however, this place here is easily the best RP forum/chat/gathering/what have you that I have come across in a very long time. It's a far cry from my days of being 15 and doing anthro rp's. Stick around, and give her a second chance. Something is going to work out in your favor if you give it some time.

rolled 2d20 and got 28

Drayle88 Topic Starter

@Kim

I humbley apologize...
Kim Site Admin

It's okay. I just wish we could see you cheerful again. :)
With so many registered members and their characters, I think it would be nearly impossible that there is no one to RP with. What genre and type of roleplay are you looking for? You can start a 'looking-for-RP' thread. If the people with the right kind of characters don't happen to be active forum-browsers, maybe some of the active members will be able to point out a few people you could contact. It's true that browsing the huge load of available characters is a bit difficult, especially in cases where game tags can't help you, but there must be a way to handle that. :)
Yuka

With the amount of players there are on the site, I highly doubt that there is nobody to rp with :) Feel free to throw me a PM if one of mine interests you, even!
Drayle88 wrote:
@Kim

I humbley apologize...

I think it is a matter of perspective really. I check rpr daily, if not to see if anyone talks to me, but to just see how everyone else is doing. I might not be "buddy buddy" with everyone, like a few that are on here, and Half the time, the ones I am close with, rarely come on this site except to load pics up or put up a reply to a post. I haven't even TRIED to do any forum RPs on here yet (even though I had been thinking about it) but at the same time, most that are on here just come here to stack up their characters because this is a very good site to do that with. Yes, I had been a bit leery (I don't do forums well) but at the same time, I just like to come on here and browse*coughcoughspycough* on a few of my friends :D at most, if you are shy about putting something up here saying "HEY I AM AVAILABLE TO ROLEPLAY AND CREATE STORIES" then try and message someone. I think today, everyone is afraid that they will be shot down for doing that. You will never know unless you try.
Iokua wrote:
Drayle88 wrote:
@Kim

I humbley apologize...

I think it is a matter of perspective really. I check rpr daily, if not to see if anyone talks to me, but to just see how everyone else is doing. I might not be "buddy buddy" with everyone, like a few that are on here, and Half the time, the ones I am close with, rarely come on this site except to load pics up or put up a reply to a post. I haven't even TRIED to do any forum RPs on here yet (even though I had been thinking about it) but at the same time, most that are on here just come here to stack up their characters because this is a very good site to do that with. Yes, I had been a bit leery (I don't do forums well) but at the same time, I just like to come on here and browse*coughcoughspycough* on a few of my friends :D at most, if you are shy about putting something up here saying "HEY I AM AVAILABLE TO ROLEPLAY AND CREATE STORIES" then try and message someone. I think today, everyone is afraid that they will be shot down for doing that. You will never know unless you try.

Very much agreeable. At first I was just gonna use this site as a place to house my characters as I did most of my RPing on Furc. But then I seen a decent amount of activity here. Including from Kim herself. And it wasn't to tear into people from breaking rules and such like the moderator teams of pretty much everywhere else so...I decided to test out the waters. Needless to say, I rather enjoy forum based RPs now. And as I've said before in another thread, this is the only site that I activly participate in the forums.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Head down and heart still...

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus