Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Taurus Temple Holidays

Namine (played by Loki)

Namine, being the goat that she was, was just eating up all that attention from Draeval. Her tail was still wagging, up until Luci spoke and then she drooped a bit, her ears flopping and her tail going down. "Naah?" But they could still have fun right?
Asa (played by SanityCatch)

Checked his text when his phone went off, to the tune of "Sexy and I Know It." He quirked a brow at the question, wandering over to peek in the stocking as inconspicuously as possible before sending back a rather baffled "Nice pants?" Then he'd be wandering back toward Ferous and Gabe, just about to stuff his phone back in his pocket when "...Yeah, sure. Just a minute." And he'll be calling her up. Ringring!
Luci (played by Minerva) Topic Starter

"Oh, I have my ideas." A dangerous twinkle came to his eye. Namine... earned a grin. "Sure thing, kid."
Namine (played by Loki)

Namine would snort at Luci and she'd stomp one of her front hooves on the ground, "NAH." She's not a kid. Let's not forget, that's what baby goats are called. What? She's pregnant and sensitive!

Asa got Ivana on the phone and stepped away from the group for a few minutes as they spoke. When finished, he wandered back over and paused to snort when he spotted Namine. Luci can't even keep a goat happy, ha! Anyway... he'll just keep that thought to himself and wander on over to update Gabe. "Ivana said she's runnin' late." Hopefully that call earned him hubby petting time, because he'd be trying to pet the kitty!Gabe, even if its just scritching near his tail while Ferous pets the front half. He'll share! But only with her, it seems.
Draeval (played by Rubix)

Draeval just blinked and watched Namine stomp her hooves and naah at Luci, that's odd....he wasn't fluent in goat but he "stood" up and glanced around. Where had Gabe gotten to? Drae felt like lurking but he couldn't just phase out like Fer. So he kinda floated awkwardly by Namine for now.

So opening presents was a no! ...Luci left off an unenthused "...pssht." He shrugged, gesturing over his shoulder to the connecting door to his own basement. "I've got a variety of hot cocoa, coffee, and kahlua mixes in there, and some festive music. I've got a system rigged up if anyone wants to be karaoke seasonal or otherwise. Populus is in and out," as evidenced by a final stroke to Gabriel before vanishing, warmth and all, "working on a personal addition to the day. Stop acting so ... bleh. It's Christmas. Don't tell me you guys never ran out in PJs tackling Christmas. Well, I guess Draeval... you might not have. Well, I'm sure you're all close to sun and moon in your own ways, what did you do in the depths of winter? Sleep isn't an option, and if it's the only answer, we'll have to change that drastically."
Gabriel (played by Loki)

Gabriel turned in a circle on the bar, giving a plaintive mew. Ferous was gone! She was warm and calming and he was most upset that she had run off. He'll move closer to Asa, and he'll put his paws on him, "Pick me up!" Demanding wasn't he? Luci's going on about running out on Christmas morning, and Gabriel's just blinking at him. He'd only had his first Christmas three years ago. Hopefully Asa had lifted up his husband, if he had, Gabriel would settle down and start purring. "I don't think you want me to karaoke with you." If Luci could remember from the last time they'd done so, Gabe couldn't carry a tune in a bucket. "I'm all for eating before stuff gets cold." Don't tell him he cooked all this fabulous food for nothing! And maybe by then Ivana would show up and they could do presents.
Namine (played by Loki)

Namine would waddle her way over to Luci, "Naaah." She'll take some coffee please! It seems that she was over being upset with him for calling her a baby. Her stubby tail would wag, and she'd butt her head against his leg, she was always seeking some sort of attention.

"Why not?" Luci didn't seem to care... or remember. The best part of karaoke was the humor of bad singing. Namine earned an eyeroll. "You want it rolling around kicking a hole in your side? Hot cocoa for you." No caffeine.

Draeval folded his arms across his chest, 'Nu...I 'abe only celebrated C'riztmaz once an I waz late. I waz a zlow one gettin out ub zubzpace an I wandered. Zo eben if da rezt ub mai family doez zumtin, I'm unaware. Mai family life iz...ztrained moztly becauze ub me.' He at least didn't lie about that, he pushed up that barrier between himself and his pack and helped to re-enforce it often.

And then! OMG Luci is trying to poison his pupkids! 'POIZON!' He's floating over and ghostly slapping at the air. 'Eben if Namine can 'abe c'ocolate doze babiez can't, dey'd get liber failure or worze an ya can't da dat.' His original exclamation was followed by a rambling of "Bad" "Very not good" and "Death".

Luci... blinked. "They're not really... pups." He tilted his head birdishly, looking confused. "...I guess I'm not used to that particular hybrid from her." He eyed the goat, pinching his chin. "...Usually, it's goat, or... some sort of cross-compatible immortal, I guess you just fall into that category."

He considered. "...Huh. So what can demon wolfgoats consume?" There's a dilly.

Regardless, if the others had expressed interest he ended up in his portion of basement, ripe with flashing lights colored seasonally and into new configurations for the holidays. "C'mon, Drae. I mean, you have to know something. The answer might even be 'huddle up together to stay warm'. I doubt ya'll have Christmas like we do. I was just trying to make an example. Everyone's waiting for something... ceremonious. The great thing about holidays is that they're unceremonious. ...Unless you're a ceremonialist, but then you're boring."

He shuffled through drinks. He poured one for himself, and any other requests were served up with enough gusto to probably make one terrified of an accident, complete with flipping it into other glasses and catching weightless water in the air before dropping it into another glass. "I guess I've got some cider. That should work, right?"
Gabriel (played by Loki)

Gabriel is scooped up by his husband, and he'll make himself comfortable and start purring. "Because I can't carry a tune in a bucket. I can play the guitar and you can sing though." Luci's heading over to his own basement, and Gabriel's pointing with a paw, "That way!" Yes, you are his slave now Asa, didn't you know? Luci's offering Namine cider, and Gabriel mews and the tip of his tail twitches, "I want Cider! Pleeeease?" Look, he even emits tiny hearts as a cat!

Asa considered his favorite part of the holidays and decided, "Dinner was really nice, but my favorite's always unwrappin' my favorite present under the tree when everybody's gone!" He gave GabeKitty a big squish, then followed along. Cidar? Asa mumbled something about scotch, but didn't quite make an official request.
Namine (played by Loki)

Namine's tail wagged when Luci said she could have hot cocoa, but then Draeval comes by and crushes all her hopes and dreams. She visibly wilts, her ears drooping and tail tucking. She paws at the ground before she waddles after Luci, following him around to the other side of the bar so she can nibble on his clothing. "Naaah..." Being pregnant was never this hard before!

Draeval looked at Luci, 'I kno one 'az goat p'enotype but dunno about da udder. An it doezn't madder if dare really pupz or not I'm ztill in'erently canine, zo iz a fifty fifty z'ot dat it'd kill or at leazt make dem zick.' He sighed softly and tried to scratch the back of his neck but since he was ghosting it just didn't work. 'I didn't tink it waz pozzible...but welp obviouzly it waz.'

'Wat dey can't iz c'ocolate. Udder den dat I'm zure Namine'z power ub eatin rulez out.'

He snorted and shrugged, 'I dun really kno dat muc' bout mai family. Ta be 'onezt, nu one tellz me nuffin bout nuffin. Zo I juz ztay outta da way.'

A cider for Gabriel in a red solo cup, and a bowl of it for Namine from a green set. The latter was set on the ground for her to avoid any catastrophes. Not the way he wants his place to get sticky, thanks.

Luci was... just about the only one in the room with half an idea of Christmas. He furrowed his brows. "For real, everyone?" He glanced around. Well, Asa surely missed a lot of Christmases, and ironically had one of the best grasps of it in the room. Gabe seemed lost. Draeval didn't even know what his own family did.

"...Wow. We suck." He paused, taking a rare moment to frown--directed at Draeval. "I know I'm not one to talk, but maybe you should see about going to see them soon. When you have the ability to do so, and choose not to... it's something you end up regreting. I regret it even when it's not a choice. That's part of what this day is about. Remembering what matters, and ensuring you never take advantage of those things. Some day, it might be gone. It's not just about gods, it's about re-igniting lost passions, friendships, and families to strengthen them. If no one tells you anything, go out of your way and ask them--about themselves, and anything else. This is a time of turning tides, where we can look forward to brighter days to come--literally and metaphorically."

Wow, unusual philosophy. Maybe it was a natural balance being reached, what with a hole in the philosopher's seat.

He sighed. "Alright. Well what do you guys think of doing, that all said? Family, friends, y'know. What defines your families? I had some popcorn ready to make strings for the tree together but... I kind of ate it."

Speaking of food, the hatch overhead flipped open and a variety of scents, with an apron-sporting, yet thief-masked white haired balancing down the steps with a large serving tray in each hand.

"Alright," Ferous displayed a variety of her own baked goods. "We have Brighter Day Cheese Balls," Toasted pecans were rolled over a mixture of cream cheese, onions, mustard, peppersauce, garlic and cheddar aongside veggies. "Cocoa Snowballs," self explanatory, "Some Festive Ham Balls," One inch balls of ham of ham, bisquick, parsley, brown mustard, cheddar, milk and parmesian well mixed and baked, "Some Solstice Salad and Coleslaw, for anyone wanting to eat healthier... and some Lemon Shortbread. I have true Wassail heating with Brandy, too. No, Via, not Rum. Trying to keep Fatherly tones to things."

Luci raised a finger, only to be automatically shot down by Ferous. He pouted. "Fine. Where are the Best for Last bars?"

"...Hidden, so they're eaten last." Ferous sounded annoyed.

Luci emitted an innocent smile, which quickly faultered as he suddenly looked thoughtful. "Wait... where are you cooking this?" He knew Ferous wasn't exceptional in the realm of transporting actual physical items.

Ferous glanced about suspiciously. "Nevermind that."
Gabriel (played by Loki)

Gabriel is still in kitty form, and he intends to stay that way for as long as possible. "What's wrong?" Gabe had tossed out suggestions, that nobody seemed interested in doing, and now the food that he'd worked so hard to prepare was getting cold in the other room. "I only had my first Christmas...3 or so years ago? When Asa and I first celebrated. We exchanged gifts, and watched Disney movies all day. Other than that nobody in my foster family did much of anything. I guess the kids that were close and old enough to have jobs exchanged gifts, or sometimes bought a little something for the smallest but..." If Luci wants traditions, Gabriel doesn't have any. Time for him to make some!

Ferous is returning with food, and Gabriel puffs slightly, "I brought food!" And nobody was eating it, which was disappointing. He'll leap from Asa's arms to the bar so he can stick his face into the cup and lap up the cider, and his ears flicked. He'd pull his head out of the cup, with cider dripping from his chin, "What are best for last bars?" He's sniffing in Ferous' direction, "I didn't know you had a kitchen. Did you bring this all the way from Chiara's?"
Namine (played by Loki)

Namine stopped chewing on Luci when he placed down a bowl of Cider, and she excitedly picked up and dropped her two front feet. "NAAAH!" She thanks him! Yay! Cider! Her tail is wagging hard and she drinks it up, and she'll pause long enough to butt her head against his leg again. Clearly, he was back to being the favorite. Fickle goat.

Namine earned a good pat atop the head. "I haven't given you enough attention lately, have I, girl?" And, ironically, he ended up distracted.

Luci abruptly clapped his hands together. "Good! There's a start!" He single-burst applauded Gabe's suggestion, even if Gabe didn't realize he had made one. "Go bring in Gabe's food!" It had been brought into the Taurus Basement, not Hermes, right? He pointed at Ferous.

...Ferous leered back.

Luci rotated his arm and pointed at the next unfortunate individual with arms, being Asa.

"Why don't you get it." It was more statement than question from an unamused Ferous.

"Because I! Am about to go get something else!" And with that he burst out; instead of glitter, this time, it was an array of inter-blinking christmas lights without connecting wires, petering out with star like twinkles.

Ferous sighed, hands on hips while looking to kitty-Gabriel. "No, not at Chiara's. More nearby. As for the bars... They're no-bake snacks. Most people use raspberry chocolate chips these days, but I still dry out my own berries for it like I always have. I much prefer the actual berry. It binds with marshmallow cream and a touch of coffee. Touch it up with vanilla. Let it sit after melting down some of the ingredients and whatnot, and there you have it. I can give you a full recipe for anything here, if you want." Little Suzy Homemaker. Only when nobody's looking.

Luci's voice popped in from over Ferous' shoulder as she leaned over to start etching on a notebook pulled from beneath the counter, "They're like... ambrosia of the gods." He sounded thoroughly smitten. He was holding a medium sized flatscreen. It didn't seem to seem all that heavy, carried almost like a pictureframe.

Ferous stared suspiciously. "Where did you get that?"

Luci's answer was only a shifting of his highlighted eyes to and fro. "Nearby."

"...Whatever." Ferous set to scribing the recipes. Hopefully Gabe could read past the chickenscratch for as quickly as they were written down, highly abbreviated.

Brighter Day Cheese Balls
Ingredients: 3 tblsps finely chopped pecans, 1/4 tsp red hot pepper sauce, 8 oz cream cheese, 1/4 tsp min ced garlic, 3 green onions with tops finely chopped, 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar, 1 tsp dijon, 1/4 cup minced parsley.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, Spread pecans on cookiesheet. Bake for 8 minutes or until toasted, tossing once. In a small nonmetal bowl, mix cream cheese onions mustard pepper sauce and garlic with a mixer at medium speed for 3 minutes. Stir in cheddar. Wrap in plastic wrap and shape to 4" balls, refridgerate 15 minutes. After, on a sheet of waxed paper, toss pecans & parsley. Unwrap cheese ball and roll in the mixture, covering completely. Rewrap and refridgerate until served with crackers or fresh vegetables. Makes two dozen.

Cocoa Snowballs
Ingredients: 3 eggs, 1 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup powdered cocoa, 3/4 cup milk, 1/4 cup butter, 1 tsp vanilla, pinch of salt, 1 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 2 containers of white frosting, a few cups of flaked coconut.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Beat eggs, gradually beat 1/2 cup sugar in and set aside. Combine remaining sugar, cocoa, milk and butter in a pan and cook at low heat while it warms up, disolving sugar and melting the butter. Remove from heat. Add vanilla and salt. Pour in egg mix. In a bowl, put remaining dry ingredients and slowly add cocoa mix, beating. Fill 30 2 1/2 inch muffin cups 1/2 full. Bake 20-25 minutes. Cool completely, frost all around, roll in coconut. Stand at room temperature until frosting is firm. Makes 30.

Festive Ham Balls
3 cups bake mix (Bisquik), 2 tsps parsely flakes, 10 1/2 cups smoked ham, 2 tsps spicy brown mustard, 4 cups sharp cheddar grated, 2/3 tsp milk, 1/2 cup parmesian cheese.
Mix all ingredients in a nonmetal bowl. Shape mix into 1" balls. Place 2" apart in pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until brown. Remove + serve.

Winter Solstice Lemon Shortbread
1 cup softened butter, 2 tblsps lemon juice, 1/2 cup sugar, 2 tblsps sugar, 2 cups flour, spare sugar.
Preheat oven to 350. Beat butter and lemon together in mix bowl. Slowly add sugar and flour, beat until smooth. Put in 10" buttered pan. Press down. Bake 20-25 minutes, slightly browned. Cool on wire rack, sprinkle with extra sugar and cut.

Winter Solstice Surprise Salad
1 large unpeeled cucumber, one 15 1/2 oz whole chestnuts, 4 oz cheddar, 3 tblsp french

Wash and dry cucumber, cut lengthwise in quarters, thinly slice. Grate cheddar and add. Break up chestnuts and add. Toss well, add french.

Yuletide Slaw
4 cups shredded red cabbage, 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1/2 tsp coarse ground black pepper, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 cup green onions chopped, 2 tsp sugar, 1/4 cup salad oil, 2 tblsps parsley, 1 chopped green bell pepper.

Toss vegetables together. Mix other ingredients and pour over the vegetables. Toss briskly.

Wassail
4 liters apple cider, 1 chopped orange, 1 chopped lime, 1 chopped lemon, 4 cinnamon sticks, 1 inch square piece of fresh ginger or 1/4 tsp ground ginger, 1 teawpoon cloves, all spice or star anise.
Heat all in enamel pot (metal leaves flavor) on low for one hour, serve. Brandy or Rum can be added for adults.

Best 4 Last Bars - 12 servings.
1/4 lb butter, 8 ounces dried and minced raspberries, 12 oz evaporated milk, 6 oz bittersweet chocolate, 3 1/2 cups sugar, 7 ounces marshmallow creme, 1 heaping tblsp instant coffee, 1 tsp vanilla.
Melt butter in heavy saucepan. Add mulk, sugar and coffee. Bring to rolling boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add chocolate and berries, stir until all melted. Add marshmallow and stir well until blended, stir in vanilla. Pour into lightly greased 9 x 13" pan. Chill. Cut in bars when cooled.
Notes: The original version used ground coffee but left a bit of grit; instant coffee will dissolve better. If using raspberry chocolate chips instead, 10 oz chips, 2 oz bittersweet chocolate.

Luci was already trying to find a way to mount the TV on the wall nearby. "I'll have to find a DVD player, too. I don't have a lot of Disney movies here, unless you count Pirates or Spirited Away... or maybe a few in my pockets." But you guys know how his 'pockets' are. He spoke while ascertaining it hung on the wall. "Can I swing by your place and grab a couple shows you guys want? What should I grab?"

Amidst discussion, Ferous boggled and glanced up. "The gingerbread!" It sounded paniced. Ferous ghosted out in a moment, leaving a half-written recipe titled Gingerbread and a pen clinking to the countertop.

Luci, happy with his work mounting the TV, put his hands on his hips and turned to Ferous' vacated location, brow raising. "...Give me a minute." He popped out, taking a guess and leaning outside of Ferous' office patiently. The others had probably had the chance to give their suggestions anyway, making his absence normal enough. For him, anyway.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Taurus Temple Holidays

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus