Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Taurus Temple Holidays

Draeval (played by Rubix)

When Luci said for real Drae snorted, obviously it was for real or they wouldn't have said it.When Luci turned his focus on Drae the wolf listened and kept his eyes down before responding, 'I tink per'apz ya z'ould be more concerned about yar connectionz ta yar family den mine ta mai own. I ztay connected enuff ta kno wen I'm needed, I gibe dem zpace becauze I am not exactly good wolf material. Good wolbez dun walk around on twa legz an marry people, nor populate da eart' wit 'alf wolf kidz. And a good wolf doezn't try ta accidently kill dare lil brudder. Zo becauze I kno wat I'be done wit mai family I'll leabe dat connection ta maizelf tank ya. Yar adbice iz noted, but in diz caze I kno wat I'm allowed ta da an wat a good wolf iz.'

Family was touchy with Drae and though he didn't have a tone when he addressed Luci he didn't seem pleased. In light of not ruining festivities though he floated away. This wasn't about any of them here this was about Ash and celebrating his memory. Drae wasn't going to get into a row today about anything.

Letting the chatter continue he floated off to a corner to try and ground more. Just ignore the grumpy wolf man.
Asa (played by SanityCatch)

Asa contributed his own “Christmas traditions” prior to meeting Gabe after his husband spoke. “And I just knew it was a time lots of people got lonely and I got paid pretty good. A couple years somebody even took me to this nice restaurant and bought me food. Didn’t even make me work for it. Otherwise… I don’t really remember much. Y’all know how I spent my extra money. Gabriel’s been teachin’ me ‘bout the different holidays… and I try not to forget ‘em anymore.” Like that one Thanksgiving he thought it’d be fine to work because it was extra pay. Yeah… let’s not celebrate Asa-style, shall we?

When Gabe hopped down, Asa frowned at the extra food, but at least tried wit a “….Y’can never have too much food, right? ‘Specially between you and Luci.” He gave his husband a little smile to say he was just teasing. Hopefully by now Gabe knew Asa loved to watch him stuff down his food. When Gabe lifted his kitty head from the cup, he’d even reach over and gently rub away the extra drops.

Quirking a brow when he was gestured at, Asa hesitated before shrugging lightly. “Sure. I‘ll go grab it.” It gave him a way to stay out of trouble, and would hopefully ensure Gabe’s food was eaten, too. Back and forth he’d go from that point on, setting things wherever he could find an empty space. He might not be that great at presentation, but he at least put similar food types near each other.

Catching bits of conversations here and there as he carried in multiple loads, he paused after setting down his latest dish to wander over to the quiet wolf’s corner and speak quietly. “Y’might not think you’re a good wolf, but you’re a great Draeval.” Whatever that meant. GhostieDrae got a genuinely bright smile from Asa, before he wandered back of to grab the last of the dishes. Asa hadn’t heard much, and that’s all he really had to say on the matter anyway.

A good several trips after he began, Asa’d come in with a dish and announce. “There… think that’s all of it.” And it was finally set down, too. Phew! The place should definitely be smelling good soon.
Gabriel (played by Loki)

Gabriel rubs his cheek against Asa when the cider is rubbed off his chin, but then Ferous is doing something completely unexpected and it has his kitty eyes going wide. Luci's off on some mission and Asa is busy bringing the food in. Gabriel takes this time to leap from the counter, shifting forms mid leap so he can nearly crash into Ferous and cling to her, in a huge bear hug. "WOW REALLY?" There are hearts everywhere, and he might have messed up the writing Ferous was working on. He's going to continue to cling to her, "This is one of the best Christmas gifts I've ever gotten!"

He's trying hard to stem the flow of little hearts, though she's probably got a good few of them stuck in her hair. "It's perfect, like a real family tradition! And I can teach my kids and stuff too! Ferous you're the best!" And if she had let him cling on that long, he's giving her a big kiss on the cheek. She's soon popping off to tend to her gingerbread men, and Gabriel stumbles a bit since he'd been holding onto her. He'll carefully scoop up the paper she had been working on; It was even more special to him because she'd taken the time to write it down. He'll pull out his journal and carefully tuck the papers into place, before putting his journal back into subspace to keep it safe.

He seems to be in a wonderful mood now, with his eyes bright and his cheeks rosy. Asa's probably finished bringing in the food, and Gabe's going to go linger next to him. Luci wants suggestions, "Only if you promise to return them. Asa's favorite is The Lion King." He figured that was probably most appropriate for the setting. Luci's popping off then, and Gabriel's just turning to Asa, and he's practically glowing, "Did you see what she gave me?" There were more little hearts, and he's leaning in to give Asa a kiss on the cheek, just because.
Ferous (played by Minerva) Topic Starter

So Ferous is... tackled, right around the point of exclaiming about gingerbread and vanishing. Brushing a few hearts from the air, they end up... stared at, laid on the plate next to... very burnt gingerbread. The environment disappeared to was eerily sterile white, with silvery appliances that seemed more scientific than convection. Regardless, ascending some stairs, a hatch popped open in the office and Ferous walked out, popping the door with one hand and... encountering Luci right outside.

Ferous blinked.

Luci grinned. And he left it at that, spontaneously vanishing to take care of the aforementioned errands. Lion King it is!

Ferous returned to the basement, placing down... very burnt-smelling gingerbread. "Ah... if we can saw through it maybe we can use it to make a house." Ferous didn't look pleased, hands on either hip once they were free. "Days like this are all about forging family traditions... so go ahead and adapt ours if you like it. ...Though if it's a present all its own, perhaps you don't need my greenware set, eh?" The dry humor was delivered with barely any hint of its jest.
Draeval (played by Rubix)

Draeval is still there just allowing himself to fade more into the shadows, he's preferring to take the quiet observer route. Since he didn't have a physical form there was very little he could currently do including really enjoying most of the festivities. So he let the lively spirits enjoy themselves.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Taurus Temple Holidays

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus