Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Can't Delete widgets

Johanna Hartwick (played anonymously)

Hey so I added a widget on the third profile page (its a basic info widget) and I can't seem to delete it. I delteded one about two moments before. Has this happened before? I'm working via moblie if that helps.
Sanne Moderator

That's annoying! Can you tell us step by step what you're trying to do, and what happens?

Also what OS (Android, iOS, Windows) are you using and what browser? :)
Kim Site Admin

I have an immediate guess for why this might be.

Some browsers add a checkbox to the confirmation box asking if you want to delete a widget. The added checkbox will say something like "Prevent this site from generating more dialog boxes"

If you accidentally checked that in the process of confirming you wanted to delete the other widget, it means that the site is then forbidden from asking you if you are sure you want to delete anything else. Which means you can't.

Luckily, totally closing and re-opening the browser often resets this and allows you to resume normal editing. I'm not sure how it works on phones, but I suspect rebooting the phone would do it.
Johanna Hartwick (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Sure can. Im using chrome and my OS is lollipop (pretty sure thats what the last update was.) I've learned that you can't drag n drop widgets on a phone. So I try to lay them out in the order I want them from the beginning. But on the last page (titled and her familiar) I accidentally clicked basic info instead of text. Can't seem to delete that now.

When I deleted a widget the first time a box popped up say are you sure you want to delete this, and there was a spot to check off that said "stop this page from creating additional dialouges" and I checked the box for yes, then I clicked the box confiming that I wanted the widget gone. It disappeared like it was supposed to but now I can't delete anything else.
Kim Site Admin

Olivia Hartwick wrote:
When I deleted a widget the first time a box popped up say are you sure you want to delete this, and there was a spot to check off that said "stop this page from creating additional dialouges" and I checked the box for yes, then I clicked the box confiming that I wanted the widget gone. It disappeared like it was supposed to but now I can't delete anything else.

By checking "stop this page from creating additional dialogues," you told your browser you do not want to be able to confirm that you want to delete anything else. Without a confirmation from you, nothing can be deleted. :)

Oooh thanks Kim. lol can I fix that easily?
Sanne Moderator

As someone who did smartphone support for a few years, almost every issue can be solved with a reboot. ;)

Okay I will try that Sanne! Thanks so much for your help ladies :)

Edit

It worked :)
Kim Site Admin

Yay! :D

You are on: Forums » Help » Can't Delete widgets

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus