Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Gabriel Meets Experience

Gabriel (played by Loki)

Gabriel was having one of those rare moments to himself with nothing to do, which didn't come along often these days. Asa was working, and he didn't know where his other friends were, so he decided a nice relaxing walk on the beach might do him some good. He had a canvas bag with him, and he was busy collecting seashells! It was an old hobby of his that he hadn't had much time for lately.

He wasn't really paying much attention to where he was going, hopefully he wouldn't stray onto any private property. He was dressed as he typically did, an over sized white tee shirt and a pair of baggy jeans. His clothing appeared to swallow him, it was obviously too big for his small frame. On his feet he just had a pair of worn out sneakers. At the very least, it at least looked like he'd tried to brush out his hair, which was usually very messy. Upon closer inspection, one might notice that he looked fairly worn down, with dark circles under his eyes and a paler skin tone than was probably healthy.

There weren't many people on the beach today because it was chilly and overcast, which is likely why he'd decided to go today. He didn't like big crowds of people, they made him nervous. He's humming an off key tune to himself as he walks, and he's in a fairly good mood.
Talezya (played by Javan)

Another day... Experience thought to herself, kicking the stray seashells back into the chilly ocean. She hadn't had much escape for the past week; Issac was still ill, but she left him with Talezya, who - she was sure - would look after his younger brother. Her eyes kept to the ground, watching the way the waves softly crept up the sand to bite at her dragon toes. The scales protected her from the icy temperature, but still sent shivers up her body.

As usual, she did not wear shoes; fiddly things, they were. They pinched her toes and got dirt in the grooves of her scales. However, her long flowing, purple casual dress covered her feet often enough for others to not notice the absence of footwear. It usually dragged on the floor, but she had it held in her hands to stop it getting dirty. In her mind, she went over how she looked.

White fur covering most of her body, with her hands and ears a deep blue shade. She mentally observed, finding this an enjoyable thing to do to take her mind off things. Scaled legs from the knees down. Dressed in Noble wear, neat red hair, purple eyes... Mmm, is my hair that neat today...? Lilac horns curling around her ears, long, fluffy blue and white--

"Oh!" She gasped quietly to herself. She had stood on a particularly sharp shell that had cut into the sole of her left foot. She sighed, daintily removing the object from her person. It was then she noticed a lone person walking her way. Her ears twitched. "He's... singing? Humming? Hmm..."

Despite the dirty sand, she sat on the ground and began to sing softly, watching the figure draw closer. She paid no attention of the tide softly soaking her lower body.
Gabriel (played by Loki) Topic Starter

Sadly, Gabriel wouldn't notice the woman until he was much closer. It was her singing that distracted him, and he'd look up from his search to spot Experience. She certainly wasn't like anything he'd ever seen before, but he'd learned over time not to judge a book by its cover.

He's left standing there blinking a moment, before his cheeks flush as he realizes he's being rude. "Hello." He'd offer her a small smile, "I haven't seen you around before." But he had walked an awfully long way from where he usually spent time, on his quest for neat shells. He was pretty soft spoken, but it's not like she had to strain to hear him. Something else curious she might notice was the green and gold gauntlet that he wore on his left hand, only visible now that he was within speaking distance.

Gabe could see that she was getting wet and he bit his lip, "Aren't you cold? Your dress is getting all wet." He figured he might as well be polite, and hope that she was polite too.

As soon as the humming man spoke, Experience stopped her singing. She turned her head, her endless purple eyes observing his person, pausing at his gauntlet to view the way it gleamed, before returning to his face. She studied him closely, his expressions and movements. She didn't want to run into another enemy after her family fortune.

He's innocent enough. She thought to herself, before eventually taking in his words. She blinked once, and then smiled.

"Hello," she spoke softly, her voice a harmonious tune with a slightly odd accent that could not quite be placed. "I come here often. My home is just o'er the cliffs." She pointed to the North, where a large, tiled rooftop was visible. There was a circular tower - like that from a castle - where the roof came to an end.

She paused at his question for longer than she intended. Her muddled mind had to process the words before she could even gather an answer. She shook herself - usually that eased her wailing and stray thoughts.

"I am a little cold, but that's quite all right. I can get warm again." She smiled sweetly, exposing her sharp, feline teeth, but not in a vicious gesture. Slowly, she rose to her feet, towering at 6 feet 9, her toes giving her an extra lift as she balanced naturally on them. She curtseyed nobly.

"I'm Lady Experience Ashgar, of the Ashgar family." She took a sly glance at the male for any signs of recognition or worry; she didn't want to scare him - she didn't want to scare anyone - but her husband's misdeeds caused fright to many. Hopefully, she silently begged her mind, He may be from afar and not know about us. Hopefully...

Gabriel looked when she gestured and he paled a little bit, "Uh oh...I'm...I'm not on your private property am I?" He'd hold up his bag, "I was looking for shells and not paying attention to where I was going. I'm sorry." She's standing though, and he swallowed hard. She towered over his slight 5 feet 4 frame, and he'd definitely have to look up at her to see her.

As luck would have it, he'd not heard of her or her husband, and as long as she didn't make any threatening moves towards him, he seemed to be okay. She'd introduced herself as a Lady though, and he'd attempt a bow, though it might not exactly be correct in terms of manners, at least he'd tried. "I'm Gabriel. Nice to meet you." Hopefully she wouldn't be too angry at him for trespassing. "I didn't mean to disturb you." He seemed a little shy, but not overly bothered by anything else.

Experience gazed upon this small male, interested in his collection of shells. Her smile faded ever so slightly, her mind messing with her vision, forcing her to see colors out of their natural place in the world. She closed her eyes briefly, before opening them again. The world was right once more. Breathing softly, her wings stretched out - a huge 4 meters in wing span - shook a little, and then retracted themselves. It was a gesture of friendliness, and not hostility.

"Trespassing, you are not, for if you did, you would not be likely to stand here talking so casually." She winked softly, her head tilting slightly to the right as she did so. "And you did not disturb me in the slightest. Your peaceful hum was something of a calm to my senses. Any-a-ways, looking for shells, Gabriel?" The R within his name rolled off her tongue like a cat's purr.

"There's a-plenty towards the caves." She turned her head slightly to look behind her, without pausing to wait for an answer. "It's a pretty place to escape when things seem dire, too. The water upon the walls glisten in the light and it is warmer than most. The only cave along this part of the shore not belonging to my family."

Her mind whispered to her, Stranger... Stranger! Do not trust the stranger! She mentally argued back, He is delicate and fragile. I am stronger and taller. He only searches for shells.

Feeling a shudder as her mind retreated back inside it's dark corners, Experience gazed down at Gabriel once again. "If you would like," she slowly droned, "I could take you to the cave and show you where the water is purest?"

Gabriel shifted away when she spanned her wings, flinching as he remembered a time with a certain dragon. Still, she didn't seem very hostile at all, and he'd give her another small smile. His teeth weren't sharp, but at least they were clean and straight. "Oh, I'm glad. There's a lot of private property along this beach and I usually don't wander this far out."

He seemed to like the way she said his name, and he'd nod eagerly, "Yes! Want to see?" He'd already be pulling out a pretty shiny black shell out to show her, it was the kind that twisted around itself and looked like a snail or a hermit crab might have lived in it at some point. He'd hold it in his palm and he'd offer it to her to inspect.

His gaze would stray towards the caves when she mentioned them, and funnily enough he was having some similar thoughts, but in terms of her. She towered over him, but she had seemed friendly enough. He figured if he got himself in a bad situation, he could always teleport away and nobody would have to know about it. He'd nod, and a few cutesy pink hearts would pop up around his head, "Sure!" He'd wave the hearts off, and they popped like bubbles when they hit the ground. He really was harmless, though perhaps her instincts were reacting because some part of her could sense he wasn't quite human. She could feel no malice or ill intent coming off of him at least.

Experience observed the shell with great interest, loving twists and turns and the small details that the sea had created over time. The waves had licked the crab-house in such a beautiful way that Experience found herself almost gawping at the object in Gabriel's palm. She snapped back to attention, her eyes avoiding the shell.

"You may follow," she gleamed, happy that she had found someone to talk to other than her too-close family, "I shall show you the best place in the world." Again, the R rolled off her tongue as her eyes sparkled with delight; genuine happiness. However, she paused momentarilly, her smile fading somewhat.

"Gabriel", that R once again, "Above-" she stopped herself, before shaking her head. Stop it, she demanded to her mind. It's not fair. I do not want to see things that are not real. Experience reconstructed her sentence. "Above the cliff is a beautiful place to sit and watch the sun setting. If you may spare the time one evening, I recommend seating yourself up there."

Fool, fool, fool! She cursed to herself. However, her smile returned and she danced towards the cave; her powerful legs carrying her a fair distance with each stride.

Gabe grinned when she seemed to like the shell so much, "If you want it you can have it. I've got lots of other pretty ones." If she took the shell, he'd let his hand drop. He'll gladly follow along behind her, though he probably had to jog to keep up with her long strides. He was short, and his legs weren't all that long. Oddly enough, he didn't seem overly winded for having to keep up with her in this way.

Her smile faded and that one word had him looking up quickly, as if he expected to see something up there coming to attack them. He saw nothing, so Gabe'd look back at her with a curious expression until she explained. "Really?" He'd emit a couple more hearts, "I'll have to try it. Is it alright if I bring someone with me?" Watching the sun set over the water was something one usually did with a significant other, hopefully she wouldn't be alarmed.

He'd continue to follow her, and he'd try to keep the conversation going. "How long have you lived here?" He didn't know how one was supposed to address nobility, but she seemed easy going enough. He really hoped he wasn't making too many mistakes.

Experience happily took the shell, purring softly. A purr from a Drakat's throat was more of a soft growl, but the deep tone was somewhat soothing. She thanked Gabriel with a curtsy, finding her words failed her. She slowed her pace upon realizing how fast she was compared to the littler one, pausing a few yards in front to allow him to catch up with her.

"That would be very reasonable," Experience answered his question with a gentle smile. "It is most beautiful when a partner is a-side you." She walked again, slower this time. She was happy, softly humming to herself.

She looked at Gabriel at his following question, pausing completely, silencing herself. Her eyes seem to spark with some hidden emotion; her deep purple turning into a swirling abyss of sparkles and reflections. Memories - Experience had discovered upon entering her current delicate stage - were the hardest thing to look back upon. They brought forwards emotions that Experience would rather forget.

No, she instructed herself, I will not let you beat me.

She snapped out of her maddening trance and thought aloud. "Hmmm... Maybe a year of twelve and a month of four." She suddenly started to pay attention to her new friend - although her mind wished to call him different.

"What about yourself? How many moons have passed whilst you reside here?" She continued her slow walk, her frame and posture strong. She did not wish to look weak, or mad, in front of someone she had only just met.

Gabriel was glad when she liked the gift, and a whole bunch of hearts popped up near his head at the purring. He wasn't winded when she slowed down, but he appreciated it all the same. "Thank you. I have...uh...I'm married." He'd rub the back of his head, a nervous gesture. "It'll be nice to spend time together."

He'd continue to walk with her, "What's that tune you're humming?" He stopped when she did, and the look worried him, but she wasn't trying to pounce on him or anything, so he figured that it was okay. He'd tilt his head when she gave her years in such a strange way, and he had to think about it when she asked him the same question. "Five...years?" Hopefully that was something she understood. "We used to live in a bigger building with lots of other people, but now we have our own house." He'd smile again, "Probably not anything as fancy as yours, but we really love it."

"Are you married?" He had a naturally curious nature, he didn't realize he was probably being too forward with her.

Experience kept her soft, sweet smile, slowing even more as the cave drew closer. The atmosphere changed; the temperature increased slightly and the breeze wasn't so harsh. By the moth of the cave, she paused, observing the natural opening. She seemed to have ignored Gabriel's questions as she gazed at the rock, completely lost in a world of her own. After a few minutes, she turned and faced him, her smiling expression remaining unchanged.

"Sometimes, curious tongues can cause death in places like this. At least," She looked at the male, her eyes drawing towards his gauntlet. Why? "At least if it were not myself. I am not violent.

"To answer your question, I was humming a song my nest-mother sang to me when I was a kit, a hatchling, a..." She paused briefly, "A baby. She named it 'O'er call, O' Bluesong' and was her favorite composition.

"As for my marital status, I am wed, but in a more complex situation to most. My husband is very... Hmmm, well know." Experience looked at the cave.

"Well, I suppose you wish to explore alone now?" There was a tint of sadness - loneliness - in her voice.

Gabriel didn't know what to make of her statement, and he backed up a couple of paces from her, clutching his seashell bag to his chest. Her reassurances didn't much matter to him, he still seemed quite frightened now.

He would only nod at her answers, and he didn't ask anymore questions. He'd only been trying to keep the conversation going, but he couldn't tell if he annoyed her or what. He figured it was due to her being nobility and thinking she was better than everyone else.

"Go in the cave alone? No thank you." He knew he'd probably get lost if he did that. "Look, I've annoyed you, perhaps it's best if I just go home." He could tell she seemed a little sad, but he didn't know what to do about it. He was still clutching the bag of shells to his chest, and he looked a little sad himself. He just wasn't good at talking to people.

Experience looked down at the little man and felt awful; she hadn't meant to hurt him. Her wings lowered, touching the ground, the feathers ruffling softly. Her tail sagged closer to her body, that too trailing on the moist sand. Her mouth slowly formed a perfect "o" and her head hung against her chest. Her mind crawled with laughter - it had dominated her. She could no longer be as kind as she once was.

No! She growled at herself, I will NOT give up! She lifted her head and looked at Gabriel.

"I am really sorry if I have offended you... I do not mean you harm, it's just that people in the village o'er the cliff and due North," She pointed to show the direction, "Aren't so pleased with personal questions. It applies also to the Ashgar threshold; only myself and my children accept questions if we believe they shall not be held against our lives." She smirked slightly, more to herself than anything. "My husband, my housefamily and the villagers are frightened by questions. They are sheep in the eye of a dragon.

"Please, do not leave. If you must, then I won't stop you. I will just return home. However, if you do wish to go into the cave... I could accompany you. Show you around. But.. only if you would like." Her eyes showed remorse and her body language was truthful. If only her mind would stop swirling; it was beginning to give her a headache.

Gabriel didn't know what to make of this strange woman, but she truly seemed to mean him no harm. He'd tilt his head the way a bird might, an odd habit of his.

"Offended me? No way." It was really hard to offend him, he felt like he'd seen it all. His eyes followed the direction she'd pointed to, and his brow furrowed, "Against your lives?" He had a strange feeling, "If you might...humor me, where...am I exactly?" He had a sneaking feeling he'd managed to cross over another border.

"I meant no harm with my questions. Where I come from it's how people get to know one another." He relaxed a bit, having received an explanation. "If it bothers you, I'll try and not ask any more of them." He couldn't make promises, questions popped out of him all the time, due to his curious nature.

"I'd like it if you'd show me. If I go in there alone, I'll probably get lost." He'd give her a small smile, really, he did mean her no harm. Besides, she was quite a bit larger than he was, she could easily defend herself.

Experience relaxed slightly after she learnt that she had not offended him, but was rather confused with the question of his location. He's probably a traveler; there's lots of them. She stuck with that answer.

"You are in Syene; it's a very coastal location. A little isolated, really." She looked up at the sky and sighed. "A third of the whole town belongs to the Ashgar family..." She loved her family, but hated the greed. As an occupant of a house filled with Dragons who hoard everything they see, she felt disgraced by landmass.

She faced Gabriel after a she relived another memory of her family. "You may ask all the questions you like to me, I mind not. Just.." She smiled. "Beware of others colored red and blue."

Experience was pleased that Gabriel wanted her to direct him though the cave. Without another word, she purred, skipping forwards into the mouth of the cave, letting the droplets of cave water drip down onto her fur.

Gabriel had figured he'd walked through some sort of portal, and he'd just nod. "Thanks." He'd figure out how to get home eventually, he was sure. Besides, he doubted anybody back home would be all that worried anyway. He'd nod, "Alright, I'll keep that in mind." Hopefully he'd make it back home before he ran across anybody else.

He'd follow her into the cave, and he'd probably have to hurry to keep up with her again, "How did you find this place? Weren't you scared to come in here by yourself?" Hopefully the cave wasn't too dark, or he soon wasn't going to be able to see. He's still hanging onto that bag of shells, though now he just had it looped around his wrist. She said questions were okay, and he hoped that those two weren't too invasive.

The cave was simply magnificent. The pool of calm water trailing through the middle was reflecting off the walls. A blue light seemed to brighten the whole interior; nearly every corner was illuminated. Natural deposits had created two bridges across the pool of water, leading to another part of the cave. In the distance, a waterfall roared. The whole space was warmer than the outside.

Experience stopped at the edge of the pool, closing her eyes and breathing in the lingering air. Her mind twisted, turned and calmed, showing her false images and making the cave even more brilliant than the normal minded eye could witness. She seemed to forget about Gabriel for a moment, until some sound - possibly breathing or a scuff of his feet - brought him back to her attention. She cleared her throat.

"I found this place when I visited the beach with my brood. They insisted on visiting each cave, and this was our liking." She breathed in once again, her eyes still closed. This place made her happy, clear, focused. Or at least, that's what she thought when her mind turned to clouds and positive emotions, not due to the fault of the environment, but to her own insanity.

"I wasn't alone the first time, but the second time I was not afraid either. You see, this cave was made with the combination of natural causes and help from a source leaking another worldly plane and into ours - magic." She extended her fingers, touching the smooth surface of the rock. It was indeed odd for a cave to be so polished naturally.

"The light is from the water. The source begins beyond the top of the waterfall, and it cascades down with each droplet, creating a blue glow to every corner. The rocks are alive, too. This gives us the warmth. It's almost appealing to think the cave is a person keeping us safe." Her wings shuddered. "It is the purest water - neither tainted with salt nor pollutants, but cleansed with magical healing. Maybe - just maybe - this is how water is supposed to be." She finally opened her eyes and smiled, turning to face Gabriel. "It's beautiful to taste, too. And," She pointed at his bag of shells, "The shells are just two to four paces into the water. At that length, it goes around knee deep to yourself. Any further and it indeed gets deeper. The deepest is double my size in height."

Experience purred, closing her eyes again and turning back to the water, head tilted upwards slightly, her delicate hands seeming to stroke the rock she sat upon, permitting Gabriel to explore on his own. Her mind was laughing joyfully; it was free to feel happy and content, rather than being confined in a box of negativity.

Behind her eyelids, Experience saw the water dancing with the rainbow of colors emitting from the rock itself, the small strands of living vines laughing and whispering to herself and the active particles. Experience felt the magic - saw it sparkle - as it flooded into her blood stream. Her feet dipped into the water, letting the magic sooth her aching scales. She hummed 'O'er Call, O' Bluesong' once again, her tune echoing around the hollow rock. This too she could see bouncing from the walls inside of her mind. She felt safe in a state like this.

On the outside, however, she was vulnerable. It was the reason her partner would not often permit her to leave the home. Her mind occupied with fantasy thoughts, sights, smells and sounds, her body was left in a defenseless position. If one were to take a dagger to her back, she would not notice until every ounce of ruby liquid left her body. Here, she sat swaying softly, humming that faithful childhood tune, her palms flat against the rock and her feet trailing softly in the water.

Gabriel was surprised once they got into the cave, and he'd look around, his eyes going wide. "It's beautiful!" He'd follow her more into the cave, "Brood? You have kids?" He'd emit a few hearts, "We want kids too. But...we don't have any yet..." His face fell then, and he'd look down into the water, seeming pretty down about something.

The bit about magic has him looking up, "So you believe? In magic?" He seemed slightly relieved then, at least she wouldn't try and eat him or something for being a magic user. She's talking about the water, and he looks into it, surprised with how clear it is. "The water back near...my home is polluted in many places. It's really sad. I wish all water could be like this." He'd reach out and tap the surface, so he could watch it ripple. He figured he probably shouldn't taste it, since who knew what kind of organisms could grow in a place like this. Even if it was technically pure, he might still get sick by virtue of the fact that he didn't belong here.

Gabe'd gulp when she mentioned how deep the water went, "I'll stick close to where the shells are. I...I can't swim." Odd for a boy that lived on the beach, but to each their own. She seemed to be happy and purring, and so he'd go exploring where she'd mentioned. He might remind her of her kids, the way he splashed around and cried out in delight when he found a pretty shell. Lucky for her, Gabe was pure hearted and meant her no harm at all, so she could enjoy herself for the time being.

It isn't long before Gabe's exclaiming again, and emitting a small torrent of hearts, "Look! This shell is pink!" Yes, his favorite color! He'd probably even be hurrying over to show her the small pastel pink shell. "I've never found a pink one before!" For whatever reason, he seemed pretty excited.

Experience didn't answer the questions Gabriel asked - she was too far away in her own mind, lost in the corridors masked with fog. She relived happy memories of her youth, purring contently. She hadn't relaxed in so long that she just wanted to sit and stay in this spot forever, where she was happy and free.

However, Gabriel's excited shouts soon brought her back to reality. Anger welled up at first that her concentration had broken, however it soon dispersed as she saw the excitement on his face. She grinned, a small laugh escaping her throat.

"Pink! O'er towards the waterfall, shells are striped with different shades of pink, blue, purple, red, brown, orange and more!" She looked at the water again, before she actually returned to answer Gabriel's questions.

"You asked me before about my brood. Yes, I have offspring. Three, with one Ward. Euth, Talezya and Issac are my own, whilst Zanna we took after her family passed to the other side."

The next question made her smile widely - in fact, it made her laugh. Her laugh was soft and quiet, but with a slight rasping at the end of each breath. "Believe in magic? Ha!" She placed her hand in the water, before pulling it out again. This time, the water followed her hand; following her every movement. She twirled it neatly around, like it was a large piece of rope. When it had formed an abstract twisted structure, the water froze and Experience pulled her hand away from the tip she had been guiding.

Experience looked rather tired after that. It shouldn't have taken too much energy to use, but after countless sleepless nights, she didn't have much energy to spare. She breathed softly, before delivering a slight smile to Gabriel. "I... was born with the magic within my blood. Most of the Ashgar family are.." She sat on the ground, fearing she would fall.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Gabriel Meets Experience

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus