Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » This is the end.. or is it?

Sanne Moderator

Eh... the super arks were what I disliked most about the film 2012. I'm afraid that if something similar is implemented we'll end up RPing out more fanfiction about the movie than creating original roleplay.

I'd much rather see a group of paranoid doomsayers who prepared for the end build a refuge for themselves ( the kind nobody believed and ridiculed) than mimicking the riches' arks.
EbonySnow Topic Starter

Yeah I had visions of crazy guys laughing and saying "HAH! You didnt believe me did ya? Who's crazy now?" LOL. Yeah it will be doomsdayers that have actually built up supplies and refuges who will probably be first under attack by any survivors searching for food..

Didnt want to go down the whole Superark thin in the same way as the movie.. just thought it could be something mentioned casually in the background. I like to give my plots a few different potential threads that players can pick up and weave as they see fit. :D
Hramn (played by Yuka)

Maybe the arc plans went wrong? That'd be using inspiration from the movie and then going off on a tangent from it.
EbonySnow Topic Starter

Hramn wrote:
Maybe the arc plans went wrong? That'd be using inspiration from the movie and then going off on a tangent from it.

Definately a possibility :D

While I understand it is not necessary to create a group, I think it's a good idea for this plot as there will be several different backstories to keep track of and I definately don't intend for this to be PG 13 :P So, any suggestions for a name? Any particular features/areas you think we might need?
Uhhh maybe for a name just do a name for post apocalypse and Acronym like BC and AD was?
EbonySnow Topic Starter

Hmmm..

So PA ?
I was thinking PA myself...Or maybe AE.
EbonySnow Topic Starter

So how about this:

2012 PA ?

Also... We need to discuss what area of the world/situation everyone would like their characters to be at when the moment hits.

So far, Im seeing two different areas popping up... a fortress where my C is going to be holed up (more details to come) and then wherever Rocky and his sister want to be..? Anybody else have any ideas about land masses that will be left, or particular settings, resources they might need?

Thanks to the peeps who have jumped on board with this! I'm excited at the excitement. :D
In Nevada. Near Reno so they would get hard mainly by tsunamis.
EbonySnow Topic Starter

No problem. You guys have got Nevada. *ticks off list* My gals place will be central Australia, pretty close to Ayers Rock if that means anything to anyone. The good old fashioned "Aussie Outback"

Im thinking we will need some mountains for the remaining locations..?
Sanne Moderator

Lance2011 wrote:
In Nevada. Near Reno so they would get hard mainly by tsunamis.

Wow Lance, please keep it PG13. XD /joking
EbonySnow Topic Starter

Im glad someone said it.. *laughs* :P
Sanne Moderator

EbonySNOW wrote:
Im glad someone said it.. *laughs* :P

I haven't caught Lance making typos like that yet, I think. XD I'm amused. No worries dear Lance, we know it was a typo. :P

Also, a PM is coming your way Ebony :3
You sure bout that? Rocky is a bit of a beach baby after all. Heh. But yes. That was indeed a very big typo. Wow. Didn't even notice it. Actually no... It was supposed to be hit hard so I didn't typo. Just left out a word.
Sanne Moderator

Lance2011 wrote:
You sure bout that? Rocky is a bit of a beach baby after all. Heh. But yes. That was indeed a very big typo. Wow. Didn't even notice it. Actually no... It was supposed to be hit hard so I didn't typo. Just left out a word.

Replacing it with 'hit' would have worked too. But regardless, that was amusing nonetheless. XD

Ebon and I have been talking about the doomsayers' refuge and we've worked out something fun to go with, but I'm leaving it to her to share since she came up with the RP setting. ;)

Ebon, if you need help setting up the group just give me a holler, alright?
EbonySnow Topic Starter

Sanne wrote:
Ebon and I have been talking about the doomsayers' refuge and we've worked out something fun to go with, but I'm leaving it to her to share since she came up with the RP setting. ;)

*giggles* yes all shall be revealed.. in good time. :P Sanne, if you would be able to set up the group it would be awesome. Thanks babe. xo
Sanne Moderator

EbonySNOW wrote:
Sanne wrote:

*giggles* yes all shall be revealed.. in good time. :P Sanne, if you would be able to set up the group it would be awesome. Thanks babe. xo

I can do that! But it will list me as the group's founder/owner. I can give you full permission to edit the group, but if you'd rather be listed as founder/owner go ahead and create it. You can give me the permissions to help you edit it if you like :)
EbonySnow Topic Starter

K Ill go get busy..
Sanne wrote:
Lance2011 wrote:

Replacing it with 'hit' would have worked too. But regardless, that was amusing nonetheless. XD

I was half asleep and didn't notice. Heh. Oh well.
*giggles* poor lance getting ragged on. XD it's nice to see that I'm not the only one who bugs him XD

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » This is the end.. or is it?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus