Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Easier thread find option...?

This is something that's been buggin' me for a while, but I haven't had the self-reminders set up to make a topic on it until now.

It would be wonderful to be able to search very easily for my own threads that I've made or responded to in the past here on the public forum. Not sure how to explain it beyond that, but my problem is that sometimes I'd absolutely love to go back and reread very old, public RPs I was a part of (either to make reference to things or to just see how I've grown as a writer), but it's been so many years now that I can't remember anything about the threads beyond what character I played them as.

And that doesn't help at all in hunting through my beefy post count or doing a search in the search bar; there are either too many variables to try to hunt for, or too many results to hunt through, but I have no idea what feasible act of program wizardry could do what I'm asking about and do so efficiently.
Kim Site Admin

Better search is a bee in my bonnet. I'm not 100% sure how to make what you describe easy for those of us with hundreds, if not thousands, of threads under our belt, especially if we don't happen to remember the title. But yes, something needs to be done to address many search deficiencies!
Copper_Dragon Topic Starter

And there within lies the problem that I totally understand, Kim. D>
Perhaps a search by character for starters. It would basically allow to to search for any threads in which a particular character had posted in?

As for the rest, perhaps a user on here either has some tips for that or knows someone that has done something like that?

That is a no-go, Miss Katia! Using the character name only brings up all player/character profiles including that name and/or topics STARTING with that name. I never start or join RPs with character names in them, so that won't bring up what I want. Good idea though, I can see why that would've worked, if it searched the body of each post on each thread (which would make it search EVERY post ever made--strenuous on the server, I bet)
Sanne Moderator

Maybe Katia meant being able to see a specific character's posts? I think being able to filter all posts by a certain character would be super beneficial to what you want - instead of searching the body of the posts, it'll just pick by posted character instead. Kind of like a filter for your Your Posts page. ;)

... Oh! My apologies, yes, I see what y'all are saying now!
That would be super beneficial actually. <g>
Thanks Sanne for better explaining my idea!

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Easier thread find option...?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus