Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Hello World!!

A great big hello from a new and small user!!

I am Jiroah! I'm very new to role playing but it sounds like fun, so i'd love to try it.

Since I am so new to role play, I'd love any advice from you all. :>

I hope we can all get along! :-)
Hi, Jiroah and welcome to RPR! There are a lot of friendly faces around here willing to teach you anything you want to know about RP, and you can count me among them. Feel free to message me anytime and if I don't respond immediately, I will when I have the chance. :)

As for general advice, try take anything too personally. I think the chief complaint I see among roleplayers is that another party has taken something done in-character personally and allowed it to affect their out-of-character behavior. Your writing, your characters, even your imagination all grow with time, but the biggest thing is to remember that things which happen in character don't need to be taken out into the real world. :3
Jiroah Topic Starter

Ariel wrote:
Hi, Jiroah and welcome to RPR! There are a lot of friendly faces around here willing to teach you anything you want to know about RP, and you can count me among them. Feel free to message me anytime and if I don't respond immediately, I will when I have the chance. :)

As for general advice, try take anything too personally. I think the chief complaint I see among roleplayers is that another party has taken something done in-character personally and allowed it to affect their out-of-character behavior. Your writing, your characters, even your imagination all grow with time, but the biggest thing is to remember that things which happen in character don't need to be taken out into the real world. :3

Thank you so much for the great advice!! :)
I'll definitely try to pay attention and not take anything too seriously. And thank you again, I might indeed have to take you up on that offer and message you if there's anything I'm stuck on.
Sanne Moderator

Hi Jiroah, welcome to RPR from a large user! That might be simply because I'm 6'1" tall though...

Thanks for joining us! It's good to have you here. :) We actually have a nifty little guide dedicated towards new roleplayers to give some tips and tricks. Feel free to check it out! (I found it's even useful for seasoned RPers to get an idea of what the norm is around here actually.) If you have more specific questions that aren't covered here or you need additional explaining, feel free to ask us. :3

Even though you're new, do you have any genres you favor at this point, like fantasy or sci-fi?
Jiroah Topic Starter

Sanne wrote:
Hi Jiroah, welcome to RPR from a large user! That might be simply because I'm 6'1" tall though...

Thanks for joining us! It's good to have you here. :) We actually have a nifty little guide dedicated towards new roleplayers to give some tips and tricks. Feel free to check it out! (I found it's even useful for seasoned RPers to get an idea of what the norm is around here actually.) If you have more specific questions that aren't covered here or you need additional explaining, feel free to ask us. :3

Even though you're new, do you have any genres you favor at this point, like fantasy or sci-fi?

Thank you very much Sanne!! The guide is very helpful. :)
I'm really glad there are so many people willing to help out a noob like me. ehe u///u
As for genres, I really like sci-fi, fantasy, and horror.
HibariHaru

Hi, Jiroah-chan! It's so nice of you to join us here in RPR. I hope to RP with you someday. :)
FroggyGurl

Wow, hi!

Ohmygosh I love your frog character! *Scree*

Welcome to the amazing land of RP Repository!
Kim Site Admin

Welcome! Congratulations on being brave enough to try something now, and open to learning in the process. :D I'm so glad to hear our RP primer was of use to you!
Welcome to RPR, darling! Don't be afraid, as you can see, there are plenty of people who are willing to help you out! This community is absolutely wonderful and has an unspoken no-judging policy! I really hope you settle in and stick around with us for a long looong time :)
Jiroah wrote:
Thank you very much Sanne!! The guide is very helpful. :)
I'm really glad there are so many people willing to help out a noob like me. ehe u///u
As for genres, I really like sci-fi, fantasy, and horror.

These are a few of my faaavorite things~!
Jiroah Topic Starter

HibariHaru wrote:
Hi, Jiroah-chan! It's so nice of you to join us here in RPR. I hope to RP with you someday. :)

Hello! Thank you so much~ >//< I hope we can roleplay some day too. (I'm still developing all of my characters, it's a lot of fun!! :) )
Jiroah Topic Starter

FroggyGurl wrote:
Wow, hi!

Ohmygosh I love your frog character! *Scree*

Welcome to the amazing land of RP Repository!

Ahaha thank you! I see you are also a lover of frogs. Aren't they just the cutest!! >u<//
Jiroah Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
Welcome! Congratulations on being brave enough to try something now, and open to learning in the process. :D I'm so glad to hear our RP primer was of use to you!

Thank you! And yes, it was very helpful. I hope to learn lots from everyone in the near future. <3
Jiroah Topic Starter

Highjinx wrote:
Welcome to RPR, darling! Don't be afraid, as you can see, there are plenty of people who are willing to help you out! This community is absolutely wonderful and has an unspoken no-judging policy! I really hope you settle in and stick around with us for a long looong time :)

Thank you! I was a bit nervous joining since I don't know much about roleplaying. But now I can see that was silly of me since everyone is super nice here! I've gotten so many warm welcomes! I can tell already that I'll be sticking around for a long time. ehe ~ ^u^//
Welcome to RPR! Glad to see your making friends already! :D
CrimsonKnight212

Hey there, welcome to the site! Everyone at RPR is super friendly, so never be afraid to send a PM asking to RP or simply asking a question about the site. We're so glad to have you!!
Jiroah Topic Starter

Loki wrote:
Welcome to RPR! Glad to see your making friends already! :D
Thank you! Everyone is really nice here. I'm happy to have joined~
Jiroah Topic Starter

CrimsonKnight212 wrote:
Hey there, welcome to the site! Everyone at RPR is super friendly, so never be afraid to send a PM asking to RP or simply asking a question about the site. We're so glad to have you!!

Thank you so much! I'm certainly feeling the love here and am very happy to have stumbled upon this nice online community. :>
Welcome Aboard Mate!
Jiroah Topic Starter

SkullJack wrote:
Welcome Aboard Mate!

Thank you! :>

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Hello World!!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus