Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Hello RPR!

Hello people of RPR! I'm new to this place, and I've heard some interesting things about the features of this site, so I figured why not join? I would like to introduce myself to all that are interested (I assume that most of the people on this site just over look this section of the forums

Any who, I'd like to tell all of you about me as a person, as some of this is important when rping with me.

First, I would like to point out that I'm not sure how much time I can be on this site a day. This isn't my only site that I am on, and I can't leave the other site (I love it too much!) Because of the way that the other site is, I have to give it almost all of my attention (it is a chatroom site, so it's Real Time compared to how this site works.) The good news about this is the way I rp on there, and the way I rp elsewhere are different: On there, I post smaller, mostly to update on what my character is doing (this would be about a line to two lines (or three/five sentences.)) But on other sites, I can easily put out a full paragraph all the time, and maybe even two (but I prefer not to move the story along quickly, as going back and forth is much better than out right not letting the other reply to what was said.)

Second, I would like to say that I'm open to every genre, but my favorite would have to be romance (either the focus or the plot of two character ending up together either by being friends or comrades.)

Third, I would like to also state that I rp with any gender, but for smut the character must be male (or at least has male parts :/)

Fourth, I'm actually a pretty nice guy. I'm serious about rp, yet I can open up sometimes and have some fun (<-- For you OOC lovers.) I'm pretty shy, and I'm timid when it comes to my rping skill, so I doubt myself almost all the time. I do this even though I can post very strong posts, and I can't wrap my head around why I am.

So, that's just a little about myself. If anyone is interested in learning more about myself, the other site that I use (either to check it out, or to find out more about it in general) or just want to rp with me, drop me a message. I'll be sure to look for it :)

(Also, I would like to apologize if I ranted... I didn't mean to type so much (I was gonna make this short, sweet, and to the point...) so sorry for the people that I scared away, and kudos for the people who actually wanted to read all of this.)
Keo

Welcome to RPR. Its really nice to meet you and good job on telling us so much about you :) If you need any help feel free to ask!
SummerNights Topic Starter

Keo wrote:
Welcome to RPR. Its really nice to meet you and good job on telling us so much about you :) If you need any help feel free to ask!
It's nice to meet you as well Keo! Anyways, I'd like to say something that I've been having trouble with: My account's age is incorrect. See, when I was filling out the info, I put in the age of one of my characters. When I noticed that it was asking about MYSELF, I changed everything other than the year (I know, silly of me.)

Anyways, it seems that I can not change it to what it truly is, but can hide the age (which I'm currently doing because it is not true information >.< .) Do you know what the best course of action might be to correct this? If you don't, I understand.
Sanne Moderator

Welcome to RPR, Summer! Lovely introduction you gave us, very informative. :) Did you know that you can turn any topic (and private messages) into a real-time chat by clicking the red "Launch Chat" button at the top? We also have an official chat room for everyone where you can come hang out! :) No worries though, you're free to spend as much or as little time on RPR as you like. ;)
SummerNights wrote:
Anyways, it seems that I can not change it to what it truly is, but can hide the age (which I'm currently doing because it is not true information >.< .) Do you know what the best course of action might be to correct this? If you don't, I understand.

If you need the birthdate corrected, you can do this once by using the contact form here. (Also found at the bottom of every page under 'Contact') Just let Kim know what you need to have changed and why and she will happily fix it for you!

Do let us know if there's anything else we can help you with, we're very happy to!
FroggyGurl

Hallo hallo! What a long introduction...Nice job on making it so descriptive XD

Anyway, welcome to the wonderful land of RPR! Hope you grow to love and enjoy it here as much as we do, and become a great part of our amazing community.

Sanne wrote:
Do let us know if there's anything else we can help you with, we're very happy to!
I'll make sure to ask if I have any more questions :D
FroggyGurl wrote:
Hallo hallo! What a long introduction...Nice job on making it so descriptive XD
Yeah, I wanted to make a better impression than most people. I hope it wasn't too much though, lol.
FroggyGurl wrote:
Anyway, welcome to the wonderful land of RPR! Hope you grow to love and enjoy it here as much as we do, and become a great part of our amazing community.
Thank you Froggy. I'll try to stick around as much as I can: This place looks fun and cool to be~
Welcome to RPR! I'm sure you'll fit in here just fine! :) Is the site you're from The Keep? Or maybe Furcadia? :D

Loki wrote:
Welcome to RPR! I'm sure you'll fit in here just fine! :) Is the site you're from The Keep? Or maybe Furcadia? :D
Thank you. And no. The two sites were Chatzy and Rolepages. The latter I haven't been on, and the first I still use to this day. I've also heard of Furcadia, but I'd prefer not to say where >.<
Welcome!
It's nice to see such a detailed intro.
Hey and Welcome to the Rpr, I'm Dingo and it's a pleasure to meet ya. I would not worry too much about scaring people away with long introduction posts rofl, we like to get to know our new members. I started out doing Chat rps myself and I know how much attention they devote (though forum rps have made me a bit lazy I'll admit.) Anyway I'm sure you'll get along great here, we're a very friendly, very welcoming group (and not in a culty sorta way.)

Nuclear_Dingoz wrote:
Hey and Welcome to the Rpr, I'm Dingo and it's a pleasure to meet ya. I would not worry too much about scaring people away with long introduction posts rofl, we like to get to know our new members.
That's great to hear! Then I'm glad that I made a longer introduction than most, lol.
Nuclear_Dingoz wrote:
I started out doing Chat rps myself and I know how much attention they devote (though forum rps have made me a bit lazy I'll admit.) Anyway I'm sure you'll get along great here, we're a very friendly, very welcoming group (and not in a culty sorta way.)
I started out with PMs on a site btw. What site did you used to use for chat rps? I normally stayed away from forums because of how they were set up (Having to post your character sheet before you rped) but on here you have characters beforehand, so it makes it way more simple! And I've noticed that you guys seem to be very welcoming.
StarWitch wrote:
Welcome!
It's nice to see such a detailed intro.
Thank you, StarWitch! Nice to meet you. :)
Shadowknightx

Welcome to the site.

Shadowknightx wrote:
Welcome to the site.
Thank you Shadowknight! :)
I used to rp on a place called Cyberchat and Thekeep that Loki mentioned. They were part of the same group of sites. It was loads of fun but I much prefer here now that I've adjusted to forums. Though you can turn any rp from forum into chat here (even pm rps) for me it's an overall better place here.

Nuclear_Dingoz wrote:
I used to rp on a place called Cyberchat and Thekeep that Loki mentioned. They were part of the same group of sites. It was loads of fun but I much prefer here now that I've adjusted to forums. Though you can turn any rp from forum into chat here (even pm rps) for me it's an overall better place here.

I prefer it here than on one of the other sites as well. I also I've never heard of either of those sites, though I've only heard of a handful of sites, so that may be why.
One of them is closed and the other I dont know I havent been there in years. But I met a lot of great people there and they're all on here so I dont miss it rofl. I dunno how famous or not those sites were though so It's not surprising you haven't heard of them.
Kim Site Admin

SummerNights wrote:
Hello people of RPR! I'm new to this place, and I've heard some interesting things about the features of this site, so I figured why not join?

*pops out of the woodwork* Ooooh! What features in particular interested you? Do they live up to your expectations? :)

Nuclear_Dingoz wrote:
One of them is closed and the other I dont know I havent been there in years. But I met a lot of great people there and they're all on here so I dont miss it rofl.

That's too bad, sorry to hear. And for the part about your friends coming here as well, that't makes it all worth it, doesn't it? :D
Kim wrote:
*pops out of the woodwork* Ooooh! What features in particular interested you? Do they live up to your expectations? :)
It was mainly the character pages/sheets. I dislike forums for the sole purpose of having to post your character sheet all the time before you join (plus the post not being updated with the browser.) Because of this, I wasn't planning on rping on here regularly, but once I was told about the launch chat option... It made me want to. It's safe to say that I'll be staying here, lol.
Kim Site Admin

Wahoo!! :D

Kim wrote:
Wahoo!! :D
I have to say, I love your enthusiasm! XD

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Hello RPR!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus