Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Looking for Fantasy-Modern

Heya everyone. I'm looking for a dream on Furcadia to play a character in, and I'd like some offers/opinions on where to go. Forewarning you now, I'm sort of a picky player!

Who I want to play: Johann Malagrav
A Dark Elf semi-retired sniper & hitman; not necessary an evil character, but not necessarily a good one either. He's become a bit of a wanderer though, so his former occupation isn't exactly his sole purpose in life.

What I'm looking for: A fantasy-modern dream that...
  1. Allows a character like Johann into its community, first and foremost.
  2. One that's active; it bothers me to see dreams that have either one person or 10+, all AFK
  3. Preferably one that isn't purely forum-based. I prefer in-dream RP over forum-RP because I tend to lose interest in the slow-pace of forums (and believe me, I've been in enough to know my losing interest holds RP up). If I have no other choice, however, I'll settle for a forum-active group/guild.
  4. One that's still strict but not overly so. I don't like lots of stats in my RP or having pages upon pages of rules or continuity piled upon me.

Have I been hunting before?:
Well, yes, or else I wouldn't come here as a last resort. I've had very little luck in finding anything that suits me. The dreams "fit" for Johann, but their player-base is inactive. They're active, but their continuity and Johann are incompatible.

So... any suggestions? Anything you want to ask me? Was I clear enough, was I not clear enough? So on and so forth, I'll listen and look into almost anything people can give me.
Hmmm... I could be interested. However, I have never done a fantasy-modern rp before, so if I could get a description or something for what you're wanting to do for the story XD it might be helpful for me. Also I don't know what in-dream RP is D: Is that another site or game? I usually rp via private message and I am pretty fast at replying. I have 2 characters that I really enjoy playing as,

Elise and Raine If you're interested let me know ^^; All I'd need to know is what you're aiming for story wise so I can figure out how to bring my characters into a modern style since they're stuck in medieval lol
Copper_Dragon Topic Starter

reeno-alchemist wrote:
Hmmm... I could be interested. However, I have never done a fantasy-modern rp before, so if I could get a description or something for what you're wanting to do for the story XD it might be helpful for me. Also I don't know what in-dream RP is D: Is that another site or game? I usually rp via private message and I am pretty fast at replying. I have 2 characters that I really enjoy playing as,

Elise and Raine If you're interested let me know ^^; All I'd need to know is what you're aiming for story wise so I can figure out how to bring my characters into a modern style since they're stuck in medieval lol

Oh, well, Furcadian gamers will know what I mean, but "in-dream"... well, player-made maps that are uploaded in Furcadia are called "dreams", and to rp in one is... well... in-dream RPing. That's not an official term, but it's just my lil' way of differentiating between RPing on a forum like here, and RPing in the game itself.

And story wise... really, anything works. I'm looking for a guild/group to RP in and be a part of instead of any particular story to play out, but I do appreciate the offer for an RP via PMs and thank you for offering it in the first place. <3
Yeah I don't play sorry ^^; Well, Can't kill me for trying? XD (always on the hunt for an rp lol)

Aw don't worry! I'm glad you stepped up and offered! I'm just not looking for 1x1 RPs at the moment, that's all. ^^
Sounds awesome! However I'm not a Furcadia player so I'm no help, but if you ever hop on an rp over here that doesn't require Furcadia lemme know!
I've never played on Furc before, but Rubix, Minerva, myself and a few others have a long running fantasy-modern rp, if you were ever interested :) The plot has cooled down for now and it is mostly social interaction at the moment. We play both on these forums, and on a chat site so it's more real time...I'm thinking that's what you mean by playing 'in game'?
I think You've probably seen my dream on furcadia The Elysium, uploaded near the keyhall in the Imaginarium. Unfortunately due to a few of the regulars having computer issues it's just been my main Bliss and a few others in the club. >.> We also have a forum here within the group called avalon
I have a fantasy based modern plot that's been going for over ten years :O it's died down due to all the players who go AWOL but we still have at least four core people and we are starting up the next chapter if you would like to join in? It's a war between the forces of good and evil. Not only would your character fit in well with the setting and current storyline I think they would be a good match with the other fantasy type creatures we have :) it's very lord of the rings :) hit me up in a PM if it appeals, otherwise happy hunting :)
nikina wrote:
I think You've probably seen my dream on furcadia The Elysium, uploaded near the keyhall in the Imaginarium. Unfortunately due to a few of the regulars having computer issues it's just been my main Bliss and a few others in the club. >.> We also have a forum here within the group called avalon

I'm on of the actives with computer issues she mentioned. Heh. I need a new comp so I can get back in there! Oh and I'm also one of the founders of Avalon in which the forum version of her dream exists. Her being the other. And I can attest to the fact that me and her are both quite active. 12 current RPs count as active? I think 12 was my final count...o.O.

Loki wrote:
I've never played on Furc before, but Rubix, Minerva, myself and a few others have a long running fantasy-modern rp, if you were ever interested :) The plot has cooled down for now and it is mostly social interaction at the moment. We play both on these forums, and on a chat site so it's more real time...I'm thinking that's what you mean by playing 'in game'?

A chat site could work, possibly, but what I want primarily is a Furcadian guild to play in. Aside from one other one I'm currently in, I haven't been in-game RPing in a while, and I sort of miss that.
But I may consider an off-site chat site if it does mean real-time posting. Again, I want to avoid forum rp unless I must join one, because I lose interest fast due to the slow pace and start holding up rp for others.
nikina wrote:
Lance2011 wrote:
I'm on of the actives with computer issues she mentioned. Heh. I need a new comp so I can get back in there! Oh and I'm also one of the founders of Avalon in which the forum version of her dream exists. Her being the other. And I can attest to the fact that me and her are both quite active. 12 current RPs count as active? I think 12 was my final count...o.O.

Actually I popped into The Elysium's dream a couple of times, but it had been pretty empty! If it's a matter of connectivity issues/timing problems, then I'll come check the place out again. I had joined the Avalon group for a lil' bit, but I guess I lost interest for some reason. I'll come check it out again though!

And yes, 12 counts as active. ;3 As long as it's not 12-but-afk.
EbonySNOW wrote:
I have a fantasy based modern plot that's been going for over ten years :O it's died down due to all the players who go AWOL but we still have at least four core people and we are starting up the next chapter if you would like to join in? It's a war between the forces of good and evil. Not only would your character fit in well with the setting and current storyline I think they would be a good match with the other fantasy type creatures we have :) it's very lord of the rings :) hit me up in a PM if it appeals, otherwise happy hunting :)

10 years? That's quite an extensive plot then. I'm curious about the continuity details this is done in, so I might just shoot you a PM.

Boy, seriously... when I said I was picky, I was not kidding. XD
Either there is another group with Avalon in it's name or perhaps you mean my test subject group of Nightwind...which has now been assimilated into Avalon as a secret society type thing. Or maybe you were in Avalon but lost interest due to my temporally pausing activity in it to fix bugs and flaws I had noticed as well as go on a character revamp frenzy?

Lance2011 wrote:
Either there is another group with Avalon in it's name or perhaps you mean my test subject group of Nightwind...which has now been assimilated into Avalon as a secret society type thing. Or maybe you were in Avalon but lost interest due to my temporally pausing activity in it to fix bugs and flaws I had noticed as well as go on a character revamp frenzy?

I didn't know you had another group around, Lance. XD I was in Avalon already (remember, we PM'd 'bout it?), then I lost interest and left. You'll probably ask why, and to be honest, I really don't remember. XD Which is why I should give it another shot.
I got 3 that I started. Nightwind which is now defunct, a group for fan based RPs for movies anime etc called fan-Dom magnefic. Also defunct. And Avalon. Heh.

I see.

Well now, I have a question for you, 'cause I'm curious (inquiring minds want to know ftw): I see under Avalon's bestiary related topic that there's a big long thing 'bout Vampire The Masquerade. I know next to nothing about the series itself, so would a vampire-- even one that follows traditional lore and is still combat balanced--be forced to change to this style of vampirism?
Unfortunately yes. But the upside is there actually isn't that many changes to make to get from a traditional vampire to one based on Vampire The Masqurade. And lack of knowledge on that series is irrelevant as we just use the template.but never fear cause we do have sources to help you out to make it so easy a drunken monkey could do it blind folded. And I would almost say literally on that...almost.

Hmm. Alright, so give me an example so I see how this would work 'zactly, "conversion wise":

Let's say I have a vampire that is weakened tremendously by sunlight but not burned to death by it, suffers from arithomania, can't cross running water, must be invited into a home before it can enter freely, can be burned, staked, harmed by garlic, and warded off with religious items/strong faith.

However, it's faster than a human, stronger than one, has enhanced senses, and has some ability to cast dark/shadow related magic and control animals and people.

How would that fit into VtM's system?
While I haven't played Vampire specifically, I can speak for WoD's general system:

You would have a shitload of Disadvantages and also have some pretty high Supernatural Advantages.
Magic. Poof. Bye bye. In it's place exists Disciplines. Disciplines are all your things like supernatural speed and what not. What disciplines you would have access to is based on the clan and in some cases generation your vampire would belong to. Other traditional things such as being staked, like of ability to enter a room without permission and so forth, those still are there. If you look at my character Ambrose, you'll see a list of some of the available disciplines.
If I may also interject....there are also vampires called thin bloods...meaning they live forever, drink blood, but are extremely weak compared to the vampires who have a clan. Thin blood is exactly as it sounds, far away from the original source.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Looking for Fantasy-Modern

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus