Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Looking for Fantasy-Modern

Kim Site Admin

As far as I know, there is almost nothing in VtM that would allow a vampire that isn't burned to death by the sun, unless the exposure was extremely short. Seconds at most.

Different clans have different powers. There's one that controls shadows that's typically evil even by Vampire standards, and another clan with some animal related powers. A member of one clan CAN sometimes learn the powers of another clan, but it's very difficult and requires a good mentor.
Copper_Dragon Topic Starter

Oh dio, man, I dunno. *chin stroke* Not that I'm against VtM-- in fact, if I owned it, I'd play the heck out of it because I love vampires. But taking one of my own and reworking him, or having to relearn a whole new, extensive system that goes beyond traditional lore... no offense intended, but I may pass. I'm, unfortunately, a very simple person. And picky-- but primarily simple in this case. I may just stick to my traditional run of the mill vampires.
Kim Site Admin

VtM has such a specific system, that it's probably a better idea to start from scratch rather than wedging a pre-existing character into it. I don't blame you at all. It does allow for creating some very interesting souls, though. :)
Kim wrote:
VtM has such a specific system, that it's probably a better idea to start from scratch rather than wedging a pre-existing character into it. I don't blame you at all. It does allow for creating some very interesting souls, though. :)

I agree, it is a bit hard to familiarize yourself with it quickly too (I found it was anyway). But I really enjoy their system when it comes down to it because the variety that the clans present.

Kim wrote:

Agreed. XD Well, I guess now I'm back at square one: looking for a guild for a character, not a character for a guild. *pulls out the shotgun and safari hat*
I actually play NWoD, specifically Mage: The Awakening. I think that that one's pretty fun since you can effectively be a superhero, and since all the magic's super subtle and freeform; for example, PUNCHY THE FIST WIZARD, who controls Forces to add more dice onto Brawl rolls. Not sure if my character--John Cloaker the Mastigos Guardian of the Veil--would be too powerful, though, since I've pumped somewhere around 25 XP into him.

I'm sensing a derailment here, so I'm going to try to put my topic back on track. Also I'm feeling a touch... annoyed, I guess one could say, so I'll try to stay as polite as possible.

I'm looking for a very specific set of criteria for a continuity, yet I understand that as clear as it is, it may be too specific for the small amount of fantasy-modern dreams in the game of Furcadia itself. But I figured, "Hey, we've got so many Furc players on here, maybe they know of a place to play I haven't found yet".

Instead what I've gotten are things that don't fit what I'm looking for. We're hitting the genre right, but that's 'bout it.

I want an in-game guild so badly because I went through the trouble to make an alt for Johann in the first place.

I want the fast-paced posting of one because I tend to hold up forum rps by losing interest during their slow paced posting.

And I'm not really looking to play in a specific setting because Johann is not a "specific" person; while I feel I'm able to pull him out of Gaia's canon and thrust him into other ones because he's just a generalized dark elf, I don't feel comfortable potentially reworking him entirely to fit very specific continuities such as WoD. If I wanted a WoD vampire or the possibility of playing one, I'd scrap this topic and this hunt and make such a character on my own.

Look, just... if you don't have something that fits what I'm looking for specifically, as much as you may be trying just to help, I ask that you refrain from posting. If I never find anything, that's perfectly alright! No harm, no foul. I'll just scrap the Furc alt.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Looking for Fantasy-Modern

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus