Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Story-heavy rp. (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

This is my first time seeking RP on this particular site, so bear with me and let me know if I missed anything important.

I would really like a heavily-story based role play, because I would like to exercise my story-telling skills. I don't have many ideas, however, so suggestions are appreciated! I am willing to experiment in all genres, so don't be afraid of throwing stuff out there. I am particularly interested in at least a small amount of romance, because I can definitely be a sap sometimes, but it doesn't need to be included by any means.

(If you are wondering, I am comfortably with M/M, F/F, or F/M. Again, romance doesn't necessarily need to be involved at all.)

When I say story-heavy, I mean a lot of the process will probably be breaking character to decide where we want the plot to go. I am super open to feedback and others ideas; I don't want whoever joins me to feel like this is exclusively MY roleplay. I think it's super annoying being in a tight, controlled story telling environment.

If anybody is interested, has any ideas, or questions about my limitations-- or lack thereof-- let me know! Thanks!
G_Candell

Certainly promising potential in the presentation. Things I'd like to know beforehand:

* Do you have an era/genre preference?
* What's your take on horror or horrific events, supernatural or otherwise?
* Mythic creatures? Yay or nay?
* Long posts or short?
* I personally avoid numerical data driven rps. Is this an issue?
Slay-Z Topic Starter

I'll answer these in order.

Unfortunately I have very little idea what I want this to be. If I had to choose, I would be alright with something along the lines of a Dragon Age type setting. But again, I am open to literally everything. Whether it be modern day, futuristic, or else wise.
Horror is one of my favorite genres, particularly because it can serve a purpose in many other genres. It's a very large open genre and can involve many things. As long as it's scary-- psychological or thrilling or slasher-like stories are all fine.
Mythic creatures: If it's something you'd particularly like to do, then yay!
Depends on your preference. Doesn't matter to me. I tend to do at LEAST a paragraph, sometimes much more or much less.
I also avoid numerical data driven rps. Absolutely not an issue.

Sorry my answers were so vague! Let me know if you're still interested. :) Thanks so much!
G_Candell

*Smiles.*

I was more interested in how you'd answered the questions and less what the answers would be in specific; I like to think I'm fairly adjustable. However, all of what I read seems like a great landscape for concept building and rp. I can only hope my questioning gave a good enough view of how my mind works so we can sync and work well, but I don't have any real worries about the issue. More hopeful, than anything.

I know of Dragon Age, but not in any amazing detail. I'll take a look and get back to you on it. I'm going to make a call now and say I'll enjoy it - dragons being in the title and all.

The idea of dragons vs. supernatural muskets and swords that make my arm start applying for early retirement excites me.

Your view of horror is much like mine. I'm a fan of subtle horror over grotesque... so that when grotesque examples are used, they hold the right impact no matter the genre. I'm no expert, but it's what I'd like to be stronger in.

No direct fondness for using mythic beasts, but if that road comes up, I'll rob the bandits for their loot, sure.

I talk a lot. My writing is a mimic of this. Feel free to do the same; it's not a requirement for enjoyment, and if I go too long, do not be wary of informing me. I'd like us to help each other.

That last is great news.

Your idea of vague tickles me. I am certainly still interested. Family outing tomorrow. We can discuss ideas the next day or so? Draw up some ideas on both ends and then play Deal or No Deal? I.e. "I want muskets and carriages." "Well I want spaceships and laser rifles." "I'll lose carriages if you lose laser rifles." "Deal (or No Deal, counter.)" This, until we either can't work together or come up with something balanced that we both enjoy? Comments, concerns, question? ^_^

Others or just us?
Slay-Z Topic Starter

I'm already very interested by the way you write. Seeing as I am fairly inexperienced and using this site as a way to build my writing skills, I'm obviously lacking in comparison to the way you write. I'm sure if it begins to bother you at any point, you will let me know. :) I'm sure I'll have no complaints because I like the lengthiness and I'm intrigued by your style.

I mentioned Dragon Age to introduce the general idea of the setting-- dragons and villages and such-- not necessarily as a very heavy influence, so there's no need to be familiar with it. I am VERY in love with what you said about the supernatural muskets and swords, though. The idea excites me very much as well.

I hope you have a good time tomorrow! I definitely have some nice ideas to build upon now, and am excited to hear from you in the next few days. Thanks!
Would you two be open to someone else joining in?
G_Candell

Yes and no. This seems to be going towards something of a workshop route, as well as a full-length rp; at least for the start, I'd like for the OP and I to build some framework. After that, my take on others joining will possibly change. Usually, it's not an issue, and if the OP is okay with it, then I don't mind committing to the change. Otherwise, I'm liken to decline, for now. Sorry. If you're still interested after we have a core concept... Well.

And it's okay, Slay. I'm not trying to compete, but to build together. Like literary Legos, it doesn't matter if the ideas or styles are exactly the same - only that the pieces at least connect. ^ _ ^ If you hadn't intrigued me, I wouldn't be here. So, after our hike, I'll likely have more to say if I'm still awake and fed.

Thinking of three enchantment types: Source Enchantment, such as sorcerous gunpowder. Base Enchantment, such as the metal of a blade or the steel of a musket. And Aura Enchantment, where the entirety of the object is mystically enhanced, so that if any piece of it is broken or lost, the enchantment is lost with it. The latter would perhaps be the strongest type? Just toying with ideas while I pack.
I'd be interested in RPing with you, Slay, if you're looking for more RP.
EpicMan561

Sure.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Story-heavy rp. (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus