Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Rock in the Glass House ((ENDED))

Storm (played anonymously)

"Dawson don't push that button!" Storm's voice echoed in his memories, his partner not only sold secrets to the alien attackers, but confessed like it was no big deal. Edward and Dawson had been partners, friends even, he was more shocked then anyone when the Spy Masters took Dawson by force. It was no surprise however that he escaped after the trial, and Storm was at fault... Dawson was running towards the escape chambers, Storm had eight point six seconds where he had a clear shot and could have put Dawson down but he didn't, he basically let him go.

"Commander Edward Storm decending in pursuit of Traitor of Hunanity Vice Commander G. Dawson," Storm was almost eleven minutes behind Dawson in an escape pod of his own. Dawson was smart and if Storm took a shuttle down to this mysterious desert planet then it could get high jacked and Dawson could escape. "Dawson escaped with no, gas mask or helmet, this planets air signature is toxic..." Storm should have let him go, he was a dead man anyway, but Dawson was resourceful. Storm wanted to make sure the traitor was put down, "he will face permanent damage after an hour, after two he will face blindness, vomiting, and fatigue... And at three hours..." The com was quiet, "his body will not be able to last three hours, my mission is simply to make sure he doesn't die like that, he was my partner and traitor or not he doesn't deserve that."

Landing on the desert planet in the escape pod Storm stepped out, his helmet locked on his head. "I have twelve hours of oxygen, beginning to search the premises..."

pe_desert_waterfall.jpg
Dawson Guidio (played by EpicMan561)

He really didn't want to. He was trying to protect Edward and the rest of the team. Of course, nothing works as planned. He had brought a gas mask with him, albeit hidden, so he would live. Not being able to look him in the eye, he left. He had a half-baked plan to kill the aliens with said knowledge, but if he didn't make it in time.....

It hit the ground, and Dawson stepped out. He was about 26 minutes behind the aliens, so he had to make up for that distance. Little did he know, Edward was coming to kill him.
Storm (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Planting a beacon it scanned the area, "temperature of 102oF and around 30oC, unsustainable for human life, deathly to Cryos life." Cryos could not survive on desert planets, even if Cryos Prisoners of the SoE Militia did escape here they would die in around ten minutes feeling the effects of heat stroke and being knocked out in around five to seven minutes. Cryos were an ice alien type, having extremely low body heat and thriving off the cold this would kill them. Even if Dawson was chasing prisoners here the heat would kill them before the air did. So as Dawson landed their was no life on the planet... That was until Storm landed, his scans picked up only one life form, "Dawson, I'm here for you," Storm said as he retrieved the scanner and continued forward. "You are a traitor and must be put down," he said to himself.

He kept walking. He knew the aliens were here. They had an outpost here, using some sort of gas to keep it cold. And Dawson was shutting it down. Ingenuity to some, treachery for others. Ever since he had given away said info, he's been tracking the aliens. And they ended up here. And he knew they had no chance. Shut down the gas, and down they go.

Following the tracker on Dawson, Storm noticed Dawson was heading his way, "that's odd..." Storm stopped and looked down, knelling he examined four dead Cryos. Prisoners of SoE but assisted by probably Dawson, Storm didn't have all the information yet but he would find out the truth. "Dawson died today..."

He eventually ended up in eyesight of Edward. "...Edward. Never a chance to explain, was there." He laughed bitterly. He was intending to kill himself anyway. Might as well give him the tracker if he was killed.

With no evidence and no way to find the hidden Cryos Cold-base, Dawson had no proof of innocence. On top of that Storm had already been given orders to kill the man. "The end is near for you ol' friend... I at least give you the decency of one hour to run..." Looking at Dawson it seemed that he was unarmed. Pointing his gun at Dawson's feet Storm sighed from beneath his helmet, "run or get shot..." He was far enough away from Dawson where as if the man tryed to run at him he would be able to put him down instantly. Like Dawson, Storm was part machine and had advanced reflexes and great strength. Unlike Dawson, Edward was more machine then man at this point and followed his superiors orders like a dog.

He walked away, sighing softly. "Thanks, Edward. I'll do what I came for, then you can finish me off." True to his word, 37.89 minutes later, he came across the base. His intuition was correct. He didn't destroy it, but he cut off the air, killing them in 10 minutes. Leaving 12.11 minutes left to reflect on his life.

Storm tracked the movements of Dawson but kept his distance, he noticed the air supply he had cut but where was it to? Investigating further he found a Cryos base, hope filled his thoughts until he entered. This Cryos base had been found and infiltrated by SoE agents over a week ago while Dawson was in captivity. The humans inside were using the base to study Cryos tech, "Dawson tried to kill them..." When Dawson cut the oxygen the went into panic mode and began suiting up. "Call for a transport, I'll hunt down the man who did this and make him pay, if I'm not back in two or three hours leave without me..." Storm had lost all respect for Dawson.

He hadn't noticed the humans. After all, the tracker had been here. And he put it on a Cryos. So he finished his job. He shot himself afterwards, after writing a note to any that find him.

I am now finished. The Cryos that I was meaning to kill this whole time are dead. I know that I will never truly be trusted again. And Edward, good job. Your mission is complete. I'm dead now.

I wish everyone the best regards, and I'm sorry for the suffering I've caused.

Storm shot his gun, destroying the gun in Dawson's hand before the man could pull the trigger on himself. "Not that easy Dawson, this is my mission. You had your hour and now you have earned yourself no bullet to the head... That's to easy for a savage like you, you will be brutalized... Then you can die, once you feel the pain that you made your fellow soldiers feel when you let them down."

He grabbed his extra gun, pulling the trigger as quick as he could, straight into his skull before Edward could stop him. He thought he had at least helped the group. Oh, how wrong he was. All that was left was his body, and the note.

Storm pressed a button on his belt disabling the man's guns, "YOU COWARD, face your judgement like a man!"

He was already shot, bleeding out fast. "I... saved your... ass, Edward... 3 for me... however many you have for... you." And he was gone. He had died thinking himself redeemed.

Stepping on the man's throat the gun had still fire but only at a quarter of the fire power, cracking Dawsons skull but not actually entering his brain. Laying his knee on Dawson's neck he tossed any additional weapon's aside, "saved me Dawson? I and getting so much heat, people back at SoE think I may be a traitor too, but the damage to the SoE research center here that almost killed fifteen scientists was the last straw!"

HE WAS DEAD. I believe that was already said. The note was beside him.

"Stop faking coward," pushing his knee harder on the traitors throat he took a packet out of his pocket and snapped it. Even with a skull cracking concision this smelling salt should wake him, placing it by Dawson's nose Storm waited. The note however had taken to the wind, lost in the sandy desolate air.

No, he was actually dead. His heart had stopped, and he had bled out. Deal with it.

Storm had no choice, taking out an odd looking dagger he turned it on. It was a weapon known as a Grave Robber, it pulled people away from death for around a minute. It was used for interrogation usually but Storm had a different purpose for it. Stabbing it into the center of Dawson chest he pressed the button zapping the traitor back into his dead body.

"What the hell, Edward?!" He glared at the other, angrily. "Do you really want to punish me that much?" (Okay, whoa. We're starting to reach the point of unfair here. He's dead. Live with it.)

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Rock in the Glass House ((ENDED))

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus