Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Reality Collapse

Athena Cykes (played by EpicMan561)

Athena notices the hiding lady, joining her quickly. "W-what's going on...?!" she whispered, quietly. She really didn't expect this, of all things. Not today, at least.
(It's okay Ritzia! It was a great post.)

Sierra looked to her left when sound alerted her that someone was near.
"Who is it?" She said. Her enhanced night vision picture the face of a kind of scared girl.

Seeing that it was no threat, Sierra relaxed.
"Well, two men are trying to kill each other for reasons unknown to me. Are you alright?" The loup garou asked gently.

"Y-yeah, I think so." She looked to be about 19, and was wearing casual clothes. Odd for this time of night.
Christofer got nervous. Hearing sounds from all around him he started to regain some bad memories. He didn't like nor want to be surrounded: in the end, he could probably only strangle three of them to save himself, maybe only two in the state he was in...

Feeling that staying still could get him in trouble for some reason - getting trapped inbetween gunfire or something alike - the German tried to sneak his way out. Considering no-one had paid too much attention to him, he should be just fine sneaking out of there. He slowly started to make a move towards the bushes, they had seemed safe. Well, safer than a possible gunfire at least. And when he would reach safety, it'd be easier to get a hold of things. By the sounds he was hearing and the talking that reached his ears, he could tell that at least some of the speakers spoke English...
The Joker stopped. Realizing he wouldn't be able to escape limping that way, he simply took a breath and look back to his opponent destroying his tentacles without effort. He didn't notice the "small crowd" who came to watch the fight.

"Damn, where is my creativity? Tentacles are like the most cliché thing ever. Sorry 'bout that, masked-soldier-astronaut-pizza-cosplay guy. Let's be more creative..."

Lifting his arms to the sky, a giant shadow-thing emerged from the ground, some kind of robot with about 16 feet tall.

"What should i call it? AVE? Lurren Gagann? Oh... EVAN GUNDANN... TYPE-HAT!! Crush him!"

The shadow mecha ran towards the Ranger, shooting like crazy with the mini-guns on his shoulders.

"Damn, that really looks out of place. I knew i should've summoned a flying armadillo instead."
Fallen Warrior Ritzia (played anonymously)

(thank u so much guys! <(;-;<) )

A while after exploring, Ritzia had heard sounds of a battle.
Finally she was near some buildings, and two persons fighting each other. One of them looked like a clown, and another like a soldier from the ancient civilization - well, to Ritzia at least. She also saw some people hiding at the bushes.

Then she paid attention to the giant thing when the crazy dude called it forth.
"Oh no, it will most likely destroy this place! I have to stop it!" She thought while dashing to where the mecha were.

Summoning her magic sword, and enchanting it with fire, Ritzia sped up and slashed at the huge thing, hoping it would make some kind of damage.

"Take this!" She cried out.
Mad Ranger - CL (played by FALLEN_) Topic Starter

The amount of attention that the scuffle were drawing was alarming. Another proximity alert beeped under The Ranger's helmet, foreshadowed by the sudden mechanical sculpted by nothing but the dusk itself, armed with what looked like a well heated-up chain gun on his back...

"... <beep>..." -- A single grunt came from his gas mask.

Immediatly, The Assailant crossed his arms in an attempt to guard the incoming heavy fire, as he took a dash backwards, in an desperate struggle to dodge the vicious barrage.
... Just on the corner of his eye, The Ranger could see a young looking woman and her possibly fruitless attempt to harm the abomination.

"... ~Justice warriors~?!" -- Muttering under the constant gunfire, it looked like a situation like this was common place.
"... As if that <beeper> wasn't enough."
The thing backed of after the girl hit. Little to no damage was caused, at least that was what it looks like. Weirdly, the Joker started screaming, infuriated by what just happened.

"WAIT THAT'S NOT FAIR! I thought you were alone, Mr Mask!! This is outrageous, i'm deeply offended, Sir. And you, m'lady, you don't belong here." - tips jester hat.

He started walking, ignoring the pain on his leg. The ground turned pitch black, and it started "sucking" everyone there in a way similar to quicksand. The Joker, however, stayed there, just watching.

Said ground was quite... well, sucky, for lack of a better word. She managed to get out of range, though, being the avid runner she is.
For a moment he had thought of sharing a word with the newcomer with a blonde hair. They had seemed 'outsider' enough to him, as in the girl could have been able to tell him where he was. However, when the German had started to approach her, the girl had leaped away from her. He sighed.

It was back to just watching again. What else could he do? He wasn't going to leap after the out of nowhere appearing robot creation, not without a weapon at least. How could a thing like that even exist, and of all places, why here? It must be a dream. A stupid realistic feeling dream.

Lost in thoughts, the German hadn't got the time to wonder why the ground had turned black. It got a scare out of him when he finally noticed it though. Lucky for him, he had gone just far enough to be out of range, although he climbed a nearby tree just in case. He did not feel like risking it not being a good thing. While looking at it he thought that it might be a way to another dream, maybe he could wake up if he dowe into it? Nope. Not risking it.

All he could do now was to cling on the tree and look what would happen next. There was a slight idea of asking some of the other people something, on the off chance that it wasn't a dream. But it was too risky to try talk now...

Things really took a weird turn of events. The Ranger seemed to be weirded out with the mechanic being actually retreating after a seemingly harmless attack from the swordswoman. The Joker Guy appeared to be really chaotic or the girl was just that strong or possessed one of "those" auras.

He didn't stood still for too long, however, shoving off the dust from his, now bullet-holed, trench coat, when The Ranger were just about to fire back at the Joker after his frantic monologue, the ground itself started to... Distort itself.
Immediatly, The Assailant took an big leap towards a branch of a tall tree, about five times his height... How a mere human were able to jump so high were a mystery...

He couldn't do much but attempt to take aim with his S&W 500 towards the Joker, noticing the future demise of the folks below...
As it was expected, the Joker saw the Ranger aiming at him and tried to ran away, while the robot took back his attention to the Ranger, shooting at him like before.

"You've been so silent since we started playing, Mr. Mask. Please, say something. Preferably something about why the hell you want to kill me."
Fallen Warrior Ritzia (played anonymously)

Ritzia leaped high as the ground shook. She managed to get out of the distorted ground's sucking range and frantically looked for the others to see if someone were in trouble. But by the looks of it, people were already running or in trees... She only noticed a figure with obscure clothes hidden in the trees. Ritzia ran as fast as she could and offered her hand to the person:

"Hurry, it isn't safe here!" The mage shouted to the figure...
Sakarixilii (played by brilziana)

Sakarixilii sat in a clearing, moonlight glowing on her silver hair, creating a halo that nobody could see, for she was far from the commotion. However, she was vaguely aware of it. Her eyes were closed and her legs were crossed; she appeared to be in deep thought. She opened one large silver eye. "Another universe," she whispered to herself. "This is the... third one, yes, unless I count..." She trailed off, for she had no audience, and her internal conversation came out in spoken words only occasionally. "First to find out who I am here, what limitations... then to see..." She moved her fingers, touching the ground. She watched frost crawl across the grass. In a single breath, she released both ice particles and a paralyzing gas. "Better be careful with that..." She opened her other eye, looking in the direction of the battle. "I had better go see what that is," she smiled.
Ketin Clarke (played anonymously)

(If it's not okay for me to include characters other than my main Kete, or if my post is screwing things up or whatever, please feel free to discount it. I don't want to overstep my bounds here.)

It was no surprise that the converging of these various, very different individuals through mysterious means had resulted in conflict along the streets of the silent city. Folks never did seem to be able to get along very well. But then, folks tended to keep around others like themselves - such drastic differences were bound to create sparks and chaos.

Strange, however, that despite the chaos - nothing had been done. Only a few individuals had come in secret to witness the scene, and most were thoroughly bewildered by the whole affair.

Did anyone actually know where this silent city was? Could anyone actually recall living in it prior to this strange night? Did it matter?
No, perhaps not yet. The issue at hand - being the combat between two clearly superhuman entities in the streets - was what mattered now, and it seemed that things were beginning to get out of control.

If only someone would appear that might stand some chance of halting all this chaos in it's tracks! Or something, or a small convoy of things.

The precise location in which all this tomfoolery was taking place consisted of the city's tall, brownstone buildings on one side of the street, and some variety of forest or park on the other side, donning a small patch of grass and sparse foliage before giving to the treeline. In either direction along this split there was the road, and it seemed to stretch on for miles. Sure there were roads that branched off, segmenting blocks and providing access to the innards of the city - but the illusion was fantastic nonetheless.

It was thanks to the incredible length of the road that nobody would have been able to hear the distant humming, rumbling, maybe even roaring sound when it first manifested itself far on the other side of the city.

It was also thanks to the incredible length of the road that after some time, if anyone cared to listen and look, they might be able to see a small, black dot in the distance.

But as time went by, the distant rumbling was growing closer and closer - and it seemed whatever was creating that sound was about to make itself unanimously known.

And at just the right time, too!

The rumbling constituted the engines of three armored trucks as they came barreling down the street. They were matte black from front to back, save for the white emblem displayed on the sides. Whether or not anyone here recognized the symbol was obviously up to them.
Disturbingly, what appeared to be the lifeless corpse of some variety of black uniformed soldier was slumped over the hood of the frontmost armored truck, partially caught in the bumper by a severed leg which held him there. Evidently these people were not afraid to run people down.

The trucks took at the last moment a strategic position, lining up horizontally across the road instead of single file as before - this effectively blocked access to that direction of the road.

It could only mean one thing! The woman's sudden attack only moments prior taken into account, the only logical explanation was that the Ranger must have called for more backup! They did more or less seem to fit his style, if cleaner and with more black.

Whether or not their presence actually /did/ anything, the drivers would be sure to halt the vehicles just beyond the range of the pitch black anomaly on the ground - assuming this was possible. Otherwise they would simply retreat.

Once they had stopped, that's all they would do. Just sit there, idling. The corpse on the center truck would after a few seconds slide off the hood and flop onto the pavement with the subtle, though remarkably unpleasant sound of organic material coming apart. But otherwise nothing.

Curiously however, the Ranger had not called for backup - at least, not for whoever these people were.
As the Ranger got closer the German got nervous. That 'person' didn't seem all that friendly anymore and he wanted to keep distance.
Looking around for a better spot, Christofer noticed the same blonde girl. Seemingly he wouldn't need to try reaching for her now, as she was coming to him instead
"Huh? What do you mean it's not safe? The tree feels so comfy already......"

Realizing only a moment later that she probably wasn't meaning the tree but the area as a whole, the German tried to reason with the situation. Somehow...
"And.... What would you help with? Isn't this my dream?" He tilted his head: "And... if so.... Is it lucid now? Can I fly?" only to confuse himself even more...
Feylan (played by Yunn)

In the middle of the crowd of the kingdoms market square a small figure swiftly meandered through the gaps in between civilians, in a hurry. From behind a hoarse voice yelled out loud. "HEY COME BACK HERE YOU THIEF!" The shout had come from a fat, pot bellied man who was waving around a rolling pin in one of his hands.

With the sound of his voice, not so far in the front a small child had begun to run even faster, carrying two loaves of bread. The child had on a distinguishing gas mask which was not worn by the others in the background, as well as a humongous, tattered, old plush bunny strapped behind her. However she made a plunder and bumped into a person, causing her to fall on her behind, and dropped her dinner on the ground. Flustered she clumsily brought the two loaves of bread back into her hands, and turned around only to see the mad man coming closer.

Seeing this she hurriedly ran to a different direction than planned, just to get away. Upon going towards an ominous alleyway she had ran into a dead end. It was only then she had noticed the pain in her arm, with a glance she could tell she scraped it from when she fell. Now, her arm was bleeding. With no where to go she was trapped, and the man had managed to follow her here. With her back against the wall, she had begun to think of ways to get her out of this. Placing her arm against the wall some blood had gotten on it. Soon a magic circle had appeared from behind, and she then fell into it.

Going through the magic circle she found herself in the middle of an unknown place.
Sakarixilii (played by brilziana)

Sakarixilii paused midstride on the way to the battle. "How odd..." she whispered, noting,as she felt it, the entrance of another person into this reality. "I wonder what the purpose of this place is..." She continued to walk towards the battle zone, starlight seeming to follow her.

(It's okay, Petro, the character sheets should be used only for long-term characters. Also, great post. :D)

One, two, three and more beeps under his mask announced the intrusion of more individuals on the scene, specially coming from the main road...

The situation was really getting out of hand. It was expected that this whole deal would stir up a curious overlookers, but just a bunch of them that not to mention they would be only local population when, in fact, they seemed quite interested in the conflict, judging by the nature of their behavior.
The Ranger himself couldn't not even think about identifying the mere dots under his visor radar, as that would be obviously leave him to his demise in the hands of the Joker and his mecha-like creation.

Yes. This had to stop right now.

Hoping that the chain gun salvo wouldn't hit any of his armor soft spots, the Ranger took out a pair of fist-sized devices before leaping forward into the mecha, wrecking the branch behind him with the force of his jump!
Just before he landed against the mecha, with this armor under constant gunfire, the devices ruptured into some sort of force field, surrounding the Ranger into a sparking, faint blue sphere, that appeared to drain the source of the mech's power on single contact.

"Hope you like this, <BEEPER>!!!"

Armor Structural Integrity; 86%
Multiple Minor Breaches Detected
The mecha tried to dodge the sphere, but he wasn't fast enough, the robot itself "melted" just by touching it, making the Ranger fall on the ground instead of colliding with the thing. The black floor also disappeared by touch making a circle of "uncorrupted" ground around the man.
The Joker was still there leaning on a light pole, his leg wasn't moving anymore. Heavy breathing, rusty voice and a constant bloody cough.

"Is that so? That's a nice toy, Mr Mask. I understand how it works, really. I could fight back, but i abused too much of my power tonight. So... I guess the victory is yours, i yield."

He opened a smile and just stood right there staring at the Ranger.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Reality Collapse

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus