Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Reality Collapse

Ketin Clarke (played anonymously)

[EDIT](Just realized - Am I supposed to be censoring the foul language in my posts with beeps? Because I will totally do that going forward if it's what's expected.)
[EDIT] (Censored. Sorry 'bout that~)

Again, silence fell over the scene. The Ranger standing there, vying for time, and Agent Kallenger staring incredulously at him from behind cover.
After a butter staring contest that she had no chance of winning, Kallenger sighed a defeated, exerted sigh, and rubbed her eyes with her fingers in a gesture clearly indicating that she was having a hard time dealing with all of this. She muttered under her breath a number of largely inaudible curses involving how 'everyone here is insane or inhuman' and 'I can't believe this !@#$' and so on.

Then she looked back to the Ranger, looking as if she had been trying for hours to get him to understand something.

"Alright, look." She snapped at last, "Obviously nobody here is interested in aiding our cause out of the kindness of their hearts or the deeply rooted desire for Galactic justice. Fine. This unit has no intention of further disrupting any of the operations being conducted by you or your...cohorts. In just a moment, we're going to get back into our trucks and drive away, and ideally never see you again. But before we leave, all I ask is that you look at this. Just look at it, if that's not too damned much to ask."

Kallenger had subtly pressed a button on the dashboard of her truck which activated a holographic screen from an emitter on the hood. A large, flickering image appeared in the air above the truck - it appeared to be some variety of propaganda, or wanted poster.

"This is the target we are pursuing. He is the single most dangerous criminal in the galaxy. He is known for psychic and psychokinetic abilities, and has been responsible for literally millions of deaths, including entire cities. Pay no mind to the posted reward - the Empire will pay quite literally any desired amount of any desired currency to the individual to bring him down. Obviously you people have never heard of the Devil Eye before. That's fine, we just want to warn you that he may be present somewhere within this city, and present to you the opportunity to come into a substantial amount of money. For reference, we're going to leave a small bundle of these posters behind when we go. They're just posters, so you don't need to be afraid of them. The Galactic Empire is not your enemy, and this unit's only directive is seeing to the capture or elimination of the Devil Eye. That. Is. All.You bat@#$% collection of brain damaged psychopaths. Urgh."

Having spoken her piece, Kallenger gave the order to her men. Simultaneously all five of them followed her example, reentering their vehicles and shutting the doors. She slammed hers perhaps a tad more than necessary.

Then the three of them just backed up a few yards, turned around, and headed back in the direction from whence they had come. There was a bundle of posters on the ground where the center truck had been. Later, once the little cord holding them together wore away, wind would likely spread the things all over the city, given enough time. Mass communication, the old fashioned way. But at this moment, the little bundle of posters was all that remained of the unit's presence there.

In a way, it was somewhat anticlimactic.
Mad Ranger - CL (played by FALLEN_) Topic Starter

(Since bad language aren't allowed in General Roleplay, you could keep to less "harmful" words or use <beeps> or #$@&!s to censor. It's up to you which you find the best, though.)

Sudden as it began, sudden how's it finished. Soon, all the chaos would would slowly wither into a weirdly soothing moment of peace. The Ranger slowly started to lower his hands, only nodding and even letting out a satisfied "Whoa!" when he ran his eyes through the proposed bounty for this "Devil Eye" guy and he was even happier, in a greedy way, to know that this one "Galactic Empire" were willing to pay even more... Assuming it wouldn't be a trap or set up of some sort...

Before he could spurt any words, the Ranger just stood quiet while the obviously stressed out agent hastily took off with her shorty, but tough convoy, consequently making one of the poster fly straight against the Assailant's mask.

"Another big one, mhm?" -- Again, he let out his sibilant whisper, heavily muffled by his headgear while taking a good look to the poster. "Not bad for a psychomancer..."

Stashing away the Smoke Grenade under his sleeve, the greedy Ranger wandered towards the woods once again, seeking info about the curious lookers and eventually the Joker.
... Barely did he knew that someone were laying their vigilant sight upon him...
As he was sneaking past them, the German noted the woman - appearently in lead of the troops. To him she didn't seem all that trust worthy. What was she really up to in here? Wherever this 'here' even was. He couldn't really see her face but only taking a quick glance at her back was enough. He didn't like her or her attitude, it made him gringe.

He took a last look at the troops when he was already at a safe distance from them. The woman was now holding up some sort of paper cheet. Hmh. It wasn't any of his worries, for now. He should focus on trying to find a weapon. Things were getting a bit too out of his hands to his liking
He watched carefully for all the talk between the Ranger and the imperial troops, hearing all the nonsense about how they were lawful good guys and were hunting some famous big bad intergalactic bandit.

"Oh, so Mr Mask is nothing but a bounty hunter, nice. And i suppose some jerk already took notice of my presence on this universe and have put a damn bounty on my head. People should learn to STOP overreacting, shi- no, i mean, poo, i can't say bad words on this universe, people may overreact."

At the same time he noticed the girl following him, immediately starting to run away into the dark alley, trying to lose her from sight.
The Loup Garou pondered silently about the words of the general. Torn between hunting the Ranger or simply going after this new introduced fella, she scoffed. What to do, what to do?

She could easily team up with the Ranger under the false pretense of wanting a new partner, and hunt the highly acclaimed criminal togheter, only to backstab the Ranger and get both his and the Devil Eye's rewards. She could also hunt the clown, seeming that the only reason her target could be assaulting someone is solely for money. The little idiot must be wanted too.

"So many wanted heads... Yet here I am, feeling like I'm losing mine!" She said cynically, letting go of her Scabbard and smiling cockily.

Though the rewards seemed so tempting, money was not really the reason she assigned to work as bounty hunter...
...The World Wars did it to her, all of them. Once upon a time, Sierra believed that she could make the world a better place only by singing, dancing and telling silly fairytales. What a fool she were... Tears and Blood were the only way the world moved, making all her efforts in bringing the best out of mankind turn into silly jokes.

She had sworn them to get the universe rid of all cretins as much as she could. Not because she wanted to be some lawful good universal savior idiot....
...But to assure herself that she could live another day. You know, kill the plague before it destroys the crops.

She walked out of the trees and pulled out her hoodie. Smartly, she whistled when the ranger approached and threw the smashed poster in his direction.

"Greetings, mate. Take a look, and tell me, shouldn't I kill you, kill the clown, kill the other fella and you know, get dirty rich!?" She joked, charmingly whilst batting her eyelashes, the old Sierra way.
Nightingale (played by RayaneFelix)

Night lowered her gundaggers and re-holstered them. She smirked at Selenya, who growled in response.
"Well, good that he could work things out, it leaves us out of unnecessary conflicts. Now... What should we do, my friend? We barely know this place, there are no traces of other brothers nearby and we are completely lost."

The Warg just wagged her tail in a calculating manner, her eyes carefully scanning the area when she took notice of the redheaded woman and showed her sharp teeth in a ferocious manner.

"...That lady? Something wrong with her?" Night asked. She smirked and closed her eyes, focused profusely...
... Only to reopen then, her pupils transformed now in sharp draconian slits. From her mouth a snake tongue emerges as she tastes the air and its temperature, seeking the smells and "comparing" her analysis with her friend's. Then she unfocused and her eyes went back to normal, as well as her tongue taking a human shape once again.

"I see. That's a loup garou over there. It's nice finding someone you can relate to, isn't Selenya?" She stroked the Warg's fur and smiled. She knew her friend was very, very irritated with the loup garou woman.
It didn't take long him to reach the town. It was quiet, a nice change of atmosphere from the one just few minutes back. The air felt fresher too - as fresh as town air could feel. He wasn't quite familiar with the town though. It did not feel like his home town... Maybe he was just on a different side of it? Or they had built something new and he wasn't fully aware of it? Nevertheless, it was strange.

Wondering around the streets, searching for something someone had left behind and that he could use, the German met few eyes, staring straight at him as he was walking on the other side of the street. The stares made him feel uncomfortable. It was as if they would have been scared of him but more so they seemed angry. Why? Was he really that dirty after having crawled around the ground and some bushes? Sleeping out in the wild? Yea, maybe that was it... He pulled his hood over his head with both hands, trying to cover as much as he could. The stares were going to make his head suffocate under all the questions if he didn't do so.

Searching on the alleys, he came across a drunk man. They seemed passed out. Sad reality. The person sure did smell though, maybe even worse than the German at the moment. He wrinkled his nose a bit at the reek that was coming from the knocked over bottle, as much as he pitied the man, he couldn't really stand the smell.
He couldn't help the man, but he could take a shower after this. That is, whenever he was going to have the chance on doing so.

The boy didn't really want to spend a lot of time on that alley, but a faint glimmer next to the man caught his eyes. No, it wasn't another bottle of some mind numbing liquid; he'd never touch That. Quietly sneaking past the drunk, Christofer could get a better look at the glimmer: a gun. And not just any gun, it looked exactly like his. Well obviously more than one were produced and so it shouldn't be any surprice to see a gun that was of the same model, but to add to the strange factor: the gun was just a bit too similar still. It even had the same sereal number that his had. There was no mistake, he was forced to remember that series of numbers the first day he had got the firearm.
This was all too strange. Just a moment before he had managed to snuck some knives that were of the same brand as those he most commonly used and now this.

The German took a quick glance at the drunk man.
"(Easy does it...)" he thought as he passed a 'halfway point'. Seemingly the drunk man was not reacting to his presence, he grabbed the gun and backed away slowly. Maybe it wasn't the nicest thing to do, but at the moment the German needed the gun a bit more than the passed out joy drinker. Well. The town would be a safer Place with unarmed drunks than it being filled with armed people that couldn't even control themselves.

Right when Sierra said something about "Kill", she was having a high-caliber revolver hand gun pointed straight towards her forehead. A loud "Click!" announced the Ranger just hitting the revolver's hammer, readying it to fire and make history of the, rather incoveniently armored mercenary before him.

"How much did they offer... ?" Taking a wild (and correct) guess, the Ranger assumed from the woman's sudden exposition to be another contract-killer, or just one of many bounty-hunters, after his head.

... The Ranger just hoped she was a really curious passer by. The job for this "Joker" were getting pretty out of hand by now.
Athena Cykes (played by EpicMan561)

He ran after him, keeping pace easily. She ran a lot, after all.
[ I think is a bit too soon for me to post again but this topic has been quiet for... 3 or 4 days now?
Are you guys ok? Did something happen? ]
Ketin Clarke (played anonymously)

(I was sort of wondering the same thing. Where'd everyone go? We still doing this, or...?)

(Anyway, I hope nobody will take offense to a filler post fluffed with pointless exposition. I just really wanna' contribute something.)

"What do you mean, nowhere!? We can't be nowhere!This is ridiculous!"
The armored cars drove about the city, tearing down the silent roads and roaring through the night. Three in a row, leaving in their wake a trail of dust stirred up from the pavement.
"There's something wrong with this thing. We can't be nowhere!"

Agent Kallenger was not very happy with the information that her positioning map was giving. Where the screen would typically - in this setting - be lit up with a basic, dynamic map of the Galaxy that could be zoomed in and out at will. It would mark the location of the present vessel, or anything else it was capable of finding should the user input the command.
But the screen was blank. Powered on, but blank - this had simply never happened before. 'Google Galaxy' was a very reliable program. There was no main computer to speak of, no electronics that could short circuit - no way for the hard-coded program to deviate even slightly from it's given task. It simply did not happen.
The most reliable positioning device in the Galaxy was impartially telling them that they were nowhere.

"And why is HQ not responding!" Kallenger demanded, banging her fist on the dashboard as the other hand manned the wheel. The Imperial communications array was virtually impermeable to interference, and was not restrained by physical matter due to the subetheric nature - there was no logical reason that the DEUnit should be receiving no response at all from headquarters - even if the entire planet on which HQ was located blew to smithereens, the signal would simply bounce to another receiver.

All in all, none of it added up. Agent Royanna Kallenger did not like it when things did not add up.

She could determine with confidence that other systems were working - hypersensitive sensors were still relaying the vague direction of various life forms within a wide vicinity, be they the individual on the rooftop, or the one in the alley - on the side of the city that was apparently /not/ as desolate as where they were now. But there was no use in chasing down every life form that popped up - because it was clear that nobody wanted to help them, and more importantly the one they were looking for was nowhere to be found.

It was a distinct electromagnetic disturbance. The technology to detect it had been constantly improving and developing over the decades - the machine specifically designed to locate Devil Eye. There was no signature quite like his - if he was here (and not blanketed under microwave disturbance, which still posed difficulty to the honed sensors) they would know.

Since her soldiers were not particularly talkative and had nothing to say, Kallenger continued ranting to herself and trying to flesh out in her head what was going on.

Some time prior, a caravan of five armored cars went barreling down a road similarly to now. Devil Eye had been spotted within the city, and they were en route. Then, from nowhere, a blue light. Two of the trucks disappeared completely, but otherwise it seemed as though they had simply been teleported to a more quiet end of the city. Teleportation was not entirely science-fiction - there were some complex and secretive devices that could manage it - it was the natural assumption.
But the map couldn't lie - they were no longer in that city - this was not the same place they had been when the light first appeared, she was sure of that now.
Then it hit her - the explanation for it all - when in doubt, blame Devil Eye! He must have developed some new abilities, gained the power to teleport people to far off lands, or something - surely it must have something to do with him!

It didn't matter that Devil Eye was not actually in the same place that Kallenger and her men, the Ranger and the Loup Garou and all the other strange, unlikely folks were. He hadn't seen any blue light, hadn't been transported anywhere, just going about his business in a city he was familiar with, none the wiser to the current events or the events that would unfold in the days to come.

Of course, sooner or later...that was going to change.

That's very weird, indeed. While I do expected some inactivity every once in a while, I didn't thought it would happen so sudden like that and without any warnings.
With this in mind, I'd like to say that anyone can 'ignore' inactive characters if they somehow interrupt the progress of the RP. Be aware, however, to not put said character in danger or other troublesome situations, as that could be "Powerplaying" at a certain extent.

Anyway, I'll won't let this die, I'm always accepting more players to RC. (Even though there would be some overcrowding, there are cases like now that active players will just vanish.)

He simply didn't not have any time to spare with the Loup Garou, it was either wasting precious minutes knowing her motives or letting the 35 million bounty swindle away. Just like that.

"Whatever the heck you want, it would be good for both of us if you DON'T follow me." -- The Ranger said while holstering his weapon and hurrying towards the forest once again.

... He just wondered if that Devil Eye guy were really that dangerous... It's not like one Pulse Grenade or two wouldn't make short work of his psychic powers, though that really interested the Ranger, despite the bounty.
Encounter with psychics were rather... Interesting ones and for the Assailant, an alliance with them always compensated more than whatever bounty were placed on these beings.
Hiding from crowds, the German made his way back towards the forest. He had acquired himself some weaponry to keep him from being ambushed or such. At least he hoped they were enough to save his hide if it would come to that.

On the way to the forest, Christofer noticed the same group that had been leaving the forest at the same time as he was. Where they were going, who knows, but they seemed rather lost. Not that he would help them though, they didn't seem too friendly to him. He tried to sneak past the people unnoticed. The boy didn't want anything to do with them.
Unsure of what the cause, a strange weight behind him was still slowing him down while he proceeded on his way back. He hadn't got the time to wonder about it now though

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Reality Collapse

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus