Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Multiple Galleries/Gallery Folders

I'm a stickler for organization and the half of me that's a crazed organizer is very sad that there's no support for multiple galleries or folders/sections in a gallery. I like to separate the pictures I have into categories - usually only two: reference material and "snapshots".

Any chance we'll ever see something like this? Maybe with a limit of galleries/folders so people don't go overboard and add 935720365 galleries to one character?

As a side suggestion: Can we have a post a new topic button on the top of page, por favor?
Kim Site Admin

A wild "add topic" button has appeared!

To answer the main question, the short answer is: Yes, there's certainly an excellent chance.

The longer answer is that this would require a thorough rewrite of the gallery widget and a restructuring of the database that handles images, which lands it in the mid-to-large sized feature category. Which means it has to find a place in line, rather than being one of those little tweaks and fixes that can be worked into the cracks in and around the larger development priorities. It seemed much less necessary at first, with the relatively low image cap, but with the advent of larger gallery sizes being possible I suspect it will suddenly get to be a higher priority.
Tasha Topic Starter

Hurray! :D
Just wanted to add that I too am a stickler for organization who DESPERATELY desires this fix! I have done a goodly amount of art for my own character, as well as purchased far more than I should have. I like to load mine seperately from those I've purchased so that there's no confusion :3

Also wanted to add that I'd love to be able to load more art at a time, as while I opted to load what I'd purchased and been gifted by others, ten slots was not enough to load them all!

Thanks so much for reading! ^_^
Kim Site Admin

I'm testing an alternate gallery setup for groups that should allow for multiple gallery widgets. If it works there I'll transition character galleries to work on a similar system.
Ilmarinen Moderator

FB! :3 A current workaround to the current gallery cap is to host images on another site, like imageshack or tinypic, and post links to them or thumbnails of them in a "text" widget. You can even use the [*img align="left"]url[/url*] tag (without the * of course) to let text flow to the left or right around an image. So you can integrate it into the page. It's neatie!
Amagad Heim! Why didn't I think of that!? D:

*scampers*

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Multiple Galleries/Gallery Folders

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus