Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Group Leader's able to edit posts/thread names?

Not sure if this was touched on yet, but it would be nice if group leaders could edit the thread names and posts of the content in their groups. Any ideas?
Sanne Moderator

Do you mean give the founder (and moderators) the ability to edit existing forum topic titles and messages? :)

I'm not 100% sure if you're referring to the forum topics or the content widgets of the rest of the pages.
Tiberian Topic Starter

Exactly. Forum topic titles and the actual content of the posts being contributed to those threads.
Sanne Moderator

I couldn't find this in the development log, but Kim might have planned it regardless. I'm in favor for it, but I can imagine a nice control panel where you can view moderator actions would be a necessary feature though. :)
Tiberian Topic Starter

Oh, yes. I fully agree. While I assume we all who have founded groups have appointed moderators we feel we can trust fully, accidents or misunderstandings do happen; or just a rogue moderator having a bad day; and forum posts might end up deleted, changed or titles tampered with that were unnecessary. It would be nice to see such things in some sort of log, to see who exactly was doing such.
Kim Site Admin

I have debated the ability to edit other people's posts, and I'm not sure that it's something that I want to support. I will probably end up doing something like a "mod comment" that allows you to add extra information to the bottom of a post, for when you need to clarify something right away and can't afford to have some people missing it by burying the correction further down in the thread.

Moderator action logs will definitely happen.

Just so people know, I had a list of seven priorites for this year. I've gone through the first five and have now arrived solidly at 6: Revamping groups. Expect a lot of improvements and new features to start happening with groups over the next few weeks.
Sanne Moderator

Us mods don't have the ability to edit posts on here either. We can only delete and move them. I believe that it gives the players a sense of 'trust' in that they can be confident their posts won't be messed with as far as content goes. It also strengthens the community bond if we kindly ask users to modify their posts if there is such need to, because by editing it themselves they help make RPR a better place. :) I always think it gives a nice feeling.

I can understand if Kim prefers seeing this in groups too, but not everyone manages their groups like this. I wouldn't mind seeing this feature implemented, though I'd personally prefer seeing group owners leave the editing to the members themselves too. :)
Tiberian Topic Starter

I actually fully agree on the idea of putting the comments at the bottom of posts to allow users to see the discrepancy being addressed, not only so that they can change it themselves, but also to give them a chance to rebuttal with the group owner on why they feel the content is, in fact, applicable and deserves to be there.
I would love to see this implemented. But of course there are those who would abuse it.

The reason why I'd love to see this implemented is mostly due to Avalon. Lance has been putting info up but needs me to fill in a few blanks in that info. Unfortunately I can't because I can't edit his post x.x It would save ALOT of leg work if this was implemented.
Kim Site Admin

Tiberian wrote:
I actually fully agree on the idea of putting the comments at the bottom of posts to allow users to see the discrepancy being addressed, not only so that they can change it themselves, but also to give them a chance to rebuttal with the group owner on why they feel the content is, in fact, applicable and deserves to be there.

It would not actually be editable by the user, otherwise they could make it look like the admins said anything they want. So, pretty much the same reason admins should not be allowed to edit user content beyond removing it. There is a huge potential for abuse.
Nikina wrote:
The reason why I'd love to see this implemented is mostly due to Avalon. Lance has been putting info up but needs me to fill in a few blanks in that info. Unfortunately I can't because I can't edit his post x.x It would save ALOT of leg work if this was implemented.

If it's world building info, the best place for it is probably on a page rather than a forum post. And he can definitely give you editing access to pages. :)

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Group Leader's able to edit posts/thread names?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus