Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Wierd things you know,

Lance2011 wrote:
And speaking on horse based laws, I read one time that in...Oklahoma I believe it was, it's illegal for a horse to eat a fire hydrant. And elsewhere tis against the law to carry ice cream in your back pocket.

My mom can vouch that people in certain parts of Oklahoma show little intelligence so that doesn't surprise me.
Minerva

Oh, btw, the "child" quote comes from 1 corinthians somewhere, i think 13:11 or thereabouts. As a child by family and school I was so versed in the bible I out debated a pastor in front of part of the congregation. I feel bad, in fact, that I can't certainly recite chapter and verse as my last 12 years or so have been devoted to more multicultural studies and in a way I have neglected my origins. You just gave me something to think about.
Minerva

er, can't edit while mobile sometimes, this is one of them: let me clarify: associate pastor, and I won. I couldnt't even tell you what it was over at this point, it was about 15 years ago.
When a head is decapitated, it can still see for a very short amount of time (a second or two) after it's been cut off.
I know how to fix cars with candy wrappers. This is in no way a joke, and I am being legitimately cereal. Ask Andryn.

This happened after I washed one of my cars (an '86 Toyota Corolla, Andy and I nicknamed it the Landshark Jr., as my very first car was an '88 Corolla named the Landshark) in the car wash and got some water on electric bits inside the engine bay. Instead of going to see a movie, I ended up having to enlist several other car friends of mine and after several hours, we finally stumbled onto a solution to the problem: there was a vacuum leak in some of the lines around the engine. I shoved a candy wrapper in it, and the car ran fine. It took us seven hours to figure that out.

Speaking on weird laws, there's a state in the USA that doesn't allow you to have a gorilla in the back seat when entering the state lines. I think it might be Michigan or Washington state. If that's already been said MAI BAD GAIZ.

Edit: In Kansas (USA), you can get married at the age of twelve if you have parental consent.
Lance2011 wrote:
And speaking on horse based laws, I read one time that in...Oklahoma I believe it was, it's illegal for a horse to eat a fire hydrant. And elsewhere tis against the law to carry ice cream in your back pocket.

The ice cream would be Kentucky and it's illegal to have it in your back pocket while leading a mule.

Another odd Kentucky law is that it is required that you bathe at least once a year.
I love how most of these are American. And they say SOPA & PIPA are weird, controversial laws...

Anyway, moving away from laws for a moment... Actually, I don't have anything new. D: Sorry, guys.
Jello_Monsta

In Hawaii it is illegal to play on the free way.

Oh and if you pull back on a pekineses forehead too much their eyes can pop out, happened to me...I was mortified.
Minerva

for... For real, jello? Ah... It... Like seriously pop out? I'm traumatized just thinking about it much less feeling responsible. Oh my god....
Minerva

Oh my god, just googled it. Apparently lhasa apsos too. Derek always liked pekingese even if I didn't. The information we just received ensured he will never get one.
Jello_Monsta

Minerva wrote:
Oh my god, just googled it. Apparently lhasa apsos too. Derek always liked pekingese even if I didn't. The information we just received ensured he will never get one.

Yea Lhasa's, Shih Tzu's, anything with bulging eyes. Pekineses have it worse though, I was grooming one and it was pretty matted, and I was brushing it, and the hair caught and pulled back the forehead skin, and pop. It was attached to what looked like veins, and I was like OH MY GOD! Luckily we had a vet on staff, and just popped it right back in >.<
Jello_Monsta

Oh another weird thing I know, and yes this is gross so if you have a weak stomach, stop reading now.

Besides ticks already being disgusting, if you have one that has been attached for awhile and looks like its going to pop, because it's whole body is like expanded...lol If you take peroxide and put it in a syringe, and then inject it into said fat tick, it will explode like a mentos in a coke bottle...No joke.
How... lovely.

My dad had to come home from work once when I was five because a tick had attached itself to my hip. He burned it off with a freshly-extinguished match.
Jello_Monsta

Copper_Dragon wrote:
How... lovely.

My dad had to come home from work once when I was five because a tick had attached itself to my hip. He burned it off with a freshly-extinguished match.

I had one in my belly button once, and I have a thing with belly buttons since I watched the Matrix, lol I panicked and then fainted.
Jello_Monsta wrote:
Copper_Dragon wrote:
How... lovely.

I had one in my belly button once, and I have a thing with belly buttons since I watched the Matrix, lol I panicked and then fainted.

My grandpa did the popping thing to one once! though he did it with flame. :)

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Wierd things you know,

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus