Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » I am Draken.

Hello there Gentleman, Maiden, or Noble reading this text. I am Draken901 and I come from a land far away which has gone mostly stale, named 3dsplaza. In the beginning, it was quite a nice place full of friendly RPers, but then, on one fateful day, a terrible horror came to plaza, and drove almost all of my friends, and most of the good RPers away. It has been about 3 years since that had happened, having to live under the radar, in case the horror ever showed up and "permanently killed" our rp characters. But then, a karmatic event arose, Someluigi, the co-owner/main admin on the site had gone to the RP room! So, I quickly whispered him about the current situation within the chatroom, and a few minutes later, the "no rp hijacking" rule was made. And the horror's terror finally stopped! But, the damage had already been done... the horror mainly targeted fantasy rps to hijack... and one after another they left, only leaving me, and about 4 others on the site that fantasy RPed.

Eventually... things got so boring there without proper people to rp with that would actually take part in our rps. So, that is my story, and why I had come to this site. I no longer wish to just wait and lurk until one of the others got on. Frankly, there aren't any people on there at all any more, only about around a hundred or so. (the site is broken up into different chats, so daily, only 30% are actually RPers) I have hosted many RPs in my time on plaza. Many of which (atleast before the horror came) were the pinacle of the RP room, but that has died down significantly... almost all of which RPs revolved around the setting called Sairia. A fictional planet I created which is four times bigger than earth, and chock full of mythical and fantastical creatures and diversified races. Hopefully, I can find a way to implement it here, so others may enjoy the setting... If you can give me any important information about starting out here please do tell. Thank you for reading this. I look forward to the years I spend on here.
Wow, now that was an entertaining read. I like your style of writing!

Also, welcome to the RPR! There's been a recent flood of people from 3dsplaza, so you're not alone. If you've got any questions, there's plenty of people willing to help.
Draken901 Topic Starter

Thank you very much, like I said before, I have hosted many RPs on plaza in my time on there, so I guess you could say I'm pretty experienced in story telling and such. Oh, and by the way, the story about the horror is pretty much the reason why alot of plazians have come here. After the damage had been done, there only left people who mostly done romance, reality, futuristic, and such Rps, which the majority of those three selections I am not too fond of. *coughcoughromance, realitycoughcough*
Yeah XD I have to agree with you there. I can do reality and once in a while I'm in the mood for a romance RP, but I haven't done a future RP. Fantasy and action is where it's at! (At least for me)
Draken901 Topic Starter

On a side note (if anyone is still reading this), is it possible to put a specific RP setting on your profile/a character profile on here? Or do I have to like include the details in an RP?
Draken901 Topic Starter

Wow, the first person I interact with on here, almost has the exact same RP tastes as me. Now that there's some cool dung.
Haha I've never heard anyone describe dung as cool. As for the specific setting, if it's important to the character I would definitely put it on their profile. Maybe use a text box and add a description of the setting.
Draken901 Topic Starter

The thing is though, all of my characters originated from Sairia, so should I just put a seperate box containing the setting from which they're from? (betcha never heard of aliens (they're sort of aliens, they're from a different planet atleast) which wield swords and staves, and travel around the universe using magical rift portals.) I'm willing to bet I just either sounded like an insane person or an incredibly imaginative person.
CosmicCometInOrbit

Heya, Draken. Welcome to my home.
Draken901 Topic Starter

Hmm? Are you epic on plaza? Pleasure to meet ya whoever you are.
ZeperTheStar

Hello and welcome to RPR, Draken901.
HibariHaru

A young 17-year-old girl with wavy raven hair walked towards you with a pleasant smile. "Hello, there, newcomer." She said with a soft voice, "Welcome to RPR, and I'm terribly sorry to what had happened. I hope you will find refuge here."
Draken901 Topic Starter

*(I use a 3ds, and this is the rp style I use : [Character Name] Dialogue and text. *actions and narration*/// I find this the easiest way to RP on a 3ds) a person in a blue hooded cloak, with cyan etchings of dragons, hippohgriphs, and hydras littering it, is standing and holding a cane, and an open book, he smiles under the darkness of his hood* Indeed if I do say so myself. May good fortune be brought to the both of us... /// Anyways, I'm going to go try and work on my profile and characters on here...
CosmicCometInOrbit

Why yes, yes I am.
Sanne Moderator

Welcome to RPR! :) That sounds like a super unpleasant event, but I'm glad you've found us! Our lovely mod team here works hard to prevent that kind of thing from happening. If anyone ever bothers you and it can't be fixed with asking them to leave (or even blocking them), they're there to help you out.

As for your post style, that should be fine! Giving your partners a heads up is probably a smart thing to do because that's not the general standard, but I don't expect many people to mind. :)

Have you been able to find everything okay on the site? Any questions? You may want to consider creating a group for your setting, it allows others to interact with it more easily and you can RP on (private) forums in the group too. It's optional of course! You can stick to a character's profile if that's easier for you. We just notice that groups are pretty useful for many members who have their own settings like that. ;)
Hi Draken!
Welcome to RPR! Hope you're enjoying the site so far :)
Kim Site Admin

Welcome!
Draken901 wrote:
A fictional planet I created which is four times bigger than earth, and chock full of mythical and fantastical creatures and diversified races. Hopefully, I can find a way to implement it here, so others may enjoy the setting...

That's awesome! Many people who have a specific setting create it as a group, which allows them to store not just all of the relevant setting info, but also to have control over which characters can join and play with you there. With groups, you can even have your own forums dedicated to playing in that world! :)
Draken901 wrote:
On a side note (if anyone is still reading this), is it possible to put a specific RP setting on your profile/a character profile on here? Or do I have to like include the details in an RP?

People do both of those things as well, especially for lesser used settings, and of course setting the scene is always a good thing. But, like I said, if you plan to make heavy use of the setting for RP, do consider a group. :)
Draken901 wrote:
(betcha never heard of aliens (they're sort of aliens, they're from a different planet atleast) which wield swords and staves, and travel around the universe using magical rift portals.) I'm willing to bet I just either sounded like an insane person or an incredibly imaginative person.

Not at all! Mixing genres like this is very popular around here, so you don't sound crazy at all. There's many books and movies out there along these lines as well, so I think you will find it's not that hard for people to grasp the concept. :)
Draken901 Topic Starter

Holy dung! Didn't expect you to be here! Hello friend! - Arc /// Thanks for giving me that info. (especially since I may or may not have saw the exact person and his group who drove my friends and aquaintances away from plaza. o-o )
3dslove

While I may be awfully late to crash the party, my business here is still rather valid. So, welcome Draken. I do hope that you enjoy it here.

You are on: Forums » Introductions » I am Draken.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus