Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Libelle, The Rural Paradise

Zacharias Fynn (played anonymously)

[[Greetings ladies, gentlemen, and evil genderless warlocks bringers of death, despair, and funny hats. This is a very adorable RP.

So, there's this town, the pretty riverside town where you would kill to live after your retirement. It's located in a peaceful little valley, away from everything, and while it is mostly populated by humans, there are also dwarves, elves, animal people, and even a couple demonspawn. What seemed impossible turned out to become true - a town filled to the brim with variety, in a permanent state of peace.

Sorry folks, but this apparently can't last.

I would like a few characters to join. The maximum would be five, and the minimum is three or so. So don't make me beg. When everyone has joined, stuff will happen.

Signin' out.]]
Lyrra (played by Nefferduat)

{{Would there be any argument with Lyrra making an apperance? Peace gone to hell is almost a trademark for her these days.}}
Zacharias Fynn (played anonymously) Topic Starter

((Oh, Lyrra is most welcome. :D ))
Samantha Brooks (played by The_Ross)

(Ding! You gained +1 player(s).)
Al-raii (played by SeraphicStar)

(Make that two!)

{{Lyrra feels loved. I'm exited to see where this goes. For now, wating cookies *munch*}}
Arlo (played by f0x1nth3b0x)

((I think it would be quite fun to throw a demon into the mix :3))

(That makes four, with me five. Let's wait a moment to see if anyone else wants to join, and then I'll start this.

Excited!)

{{*Bounces in place*}}
Choshi (played by Evilduckie227)

(( Any chance you can make room for a dragon?? :D ))

((Six total. Wonderful! I'm going to start this soon.))

((EXCITED.))

((where I slaughter basic economic, geographic and meteorologic concepts and feast on their entrails. Mmm, delicious entrails))

Oh, the beautiful riverside town of Libelle. In a peaceful valley, forgotten by virtually everyone except its inhabitants, away from all the wars and conflicts of the rest of the world, this little town is nothing like what you have seen so far. For one, no more than two hundred people live there, and from those two hundreds, half are immigrants who happened to know about the existence of that heavenly place. Many different races and cultures can be found here, in perfect harmony with one another.

The river separates the households from the crop fields. There, wheat grows in abundance, when it's the right season, of course. The rest of the time, pigs, sheep and a few cows roam free, providing the town with meat and milk.

Sure, since it's in a valley, it can get quite chilly and foggy in the winter, but the small forest patches around it provide a big supply of lumber for everyone's fireplace - and also a home for the lone wolves.

After a long yawn that embarrassed him somewhat, Mr. Fynn stepped outside of his place into the cool morning air.

"Good morning, world!"

A reply came from a young woman who just happened to be passing by, carrying with her a basket with some fresh fruit.

"Well I dunno 'bout da world, Mr. Fynn, but I wish ya a good mornin', too! I hear the glacier's to da south not as big as it used ta be?"

Zacharias reacted with some surprise. The said glacier was what kept the town isolated from the outside world during exceptionally cold winters. It was quite troublesome for him to deal with those periods of isolation as the town's mayor - no mail, and even worse, no imported goods. The town was pretty much self-sufficient, but it was still rough. "Oh, already? But it's barely spring yet! Well, that's good news. I bet there's a handful of traders and travelers making their way here while we speak."

"Let's hope so, Mr. Fynn. We can always use sum' new faces!"

"In fact, I should go greet the newcomers. Have a good day!"

There was only one road to town. It was paved in some places, but for most of the way it was little more than a dirt road. By that road, there was a conveniently placed tree stump where people usually sat. That was exactly what Zacharias did, while waiting for the possible arrival of the traders. Every year it was the same - people had to make camp by the glacier until it was safe enough to make the crossing. The least he could do was welcome them to Libelle.

As the first ray of sun made its way through the lone tree's branches and leaves, slowly, very slowly, Al-raii woke up from her slumber. Some lone bird was chirping.

Is it... morning already?

She was still sleepy. She wanted to go back to sleep, but she didn't even try. It was useless - once Al-raii wakes up, there's no way she can go back to sleep with ease. Not even if she wants to. Not even if she tries, no matter how hard. Besides, she was planning to arrive at that town... what was its name again? Libelle?... soon. There was no time to waste. She got up, and after stretching and packing up she wished she had some water nearby to wash her face.

The previous night, she had arrived in the middle of the night; so she didn't know if there were other travelers around. She looked around.

In a desperte attempt to re-find Bella after the two had been seperated (there was an incendent with a cat lich- don't even ask) she traveled with a group of peaceful people to a peacful town knowing eventuly it would run into trouble and where there was peaceful type people in trouble there were Paladins. It stands to reason that, as Bella was a Paladin and was also (hopefuly) looking for Lyrra the trickster gods would be friendly and reunite the two. You never know with those trickster gods though, but still the plan was solid in it's own right and Lyrra had at least people to travel rid- she did so dislike being alone.

She had slept beside Bill, happily sheltered under a tree as the night passed by and the sun came upon them from the eastern sky. Lyrra was not happy to see the sun because she had been up late into the night laughing a joking with some of the other caravan travelers. But still this meant that the small town was only a stones throw away and she could find herself an inn or tavern with almost no chance of a bar fight. She was missing the drinking without someone (atempting to) punch her in the face.

Lyrra noticed a fellow elf also awake, though she'd not seen her in the caravan befor this morning. Best be wary, but no need to be hostile,
"Hello, haven't seen you before." She grinned, holding out a hand, "I'm Lyrra."

Al-raii was a bit surprised she was being approached by another elf. Oh, elves, they were the toughest of the bunch; one slip, and suspicion was raised. Two, and they'd knew she wasn't one of them. But she'd been an elf for longer than most of them, anyway. She had the experience. Right? Right.

...right? Oh boy, that would be tough. Act... natural.

Worries aside, she smiled at that Lyrra person - and bit her lower lip as a form of self-punishment for checking her out before shaking her hand. Many, many years of ugly bodies do that to a person. If that person is Al-raii, that is.

"Nice meeting you, Lyrra. I am Al-raii."

Too formal? No, no, no, no, no! No looking back, no worrying. Act natural, and no one will suspect a thing. What was with her? She wasn't usually like that... she decided she couldn't handle complex social situations so early in the morning.

Well, Lyrra had been nice enough to say hello to her - least Al-raii could do was being friendly. No problem there.

"Visiting Libelle too, I assume?"

Some distance between the caravan's travelers and the town itself, a gout of flame burst briefly in the grass. From said flame rose a portal which spat out a body, rather unceremoniously. The body hit the ground just as gracelessly and scrambled to its feet, or what should have been feet. The man had hooves instead and he found them a little hard to get stable on the lumpy grass. The flame dissipated almost as fast as it had risen, save for the tracings of greenery that was now crackling away.

Arlo lifted his head, noticed he;d set the place on fire and frantically ran about stomping it out. Once he was done playing fire fighter he looked around to see where he was.

"CARP. Vinzen said I would be right there if I just went... through..." He now realized he'd gone through the wrong portal entirely and crossed his arms in defiance. "Whatever, I'm sure these people will love me."

He made for the small group of caravan riders who had started to stare at his spectacle. Wearing only a tattered red loincloth held on my a spiked belt and a belt buckled that resembled, and may actually have been a small skull and cross bones, Arlo could be somewhat intimidating. Especially when he wore a giant grin from goat ear to goat ear and that smile was fully of pearly white razor teeth.

"Hail, humans! Or whatever it is you say... Or wait; HI!" *he waved a well-muscled arm at them entirely too eagerly.

Lyrra smiled and took her hand back and rested ,
"Interesting name," Lyrra commented, running the name through her head a few times. She'd never heard an elf named such, though it could be an Eladrin name. You never know with those fay elves- they had odd habbits. And a lot of poetry.
"I am, I'll stay there for a bit I think, then continue on, yourself?" She asked, deciding it was best not devulge to deeply into her own plans too much, mostly just because it was a good policy- her plans were not particularly dangerous.

The conversation was interupted. Lyrra wouldn't belive what she was seeing if she wasn't used to crap like this by now. Still, unsure of the obviously dangerous, possibly hositle... man, she drew one of her blades, but let it hang loosly from her hand against her theigh,
"Hi," Lyrra grinned as convicingly as she could muster and waved back at him. Now would be the time something blew up, a child screamed and all hell broke loose (more).
Samantha Brooks (played by The_Ross)

"Gronk!"

Not an explosion or a perturbed youngling, but rather the sound of an insubordinate and cranky saurus. The noise came from up the road, further away from the town, and was followed by the voice of its rider - indistinct at this distance, but clearly a string of curse words, judging by the tone.

Sam and her uncooperative companion were still a ways away, around a bend in the road, when suddenly Mort (her saurus) had dug his heels in and refused to budge an inch, apparently having sensed something up ahead that he didn't approve of. In an instant, he had become as ten thousand mules.

Finally, Sam reached the end of her rope and attached some scorpion jerky (with real hickory smoked bbq flavor) on a stick to Mort's collar. That seemed to persuade him sufficiently to get him moving at a plodding walk, although he still looked back every now and then to shoot her a dour glare. At this pace, it'll be some time before she comes within sight of where the others are camped.

Arlo continued to wave somewhat frantically at what he thought were probably the locals. His little tail actually wagged with excitement as he approached them closer, lowering his spastic hand gesture. He came up to Al-rii first, very outgoingly leaned in to give the person a sniff which caused his septum gauge to wiggle and shifted his weight back to think.

"Are you one of our kind?" He stared at the woman with a highly puzzled expression, his ice blue eyes a stark contrast to the mocha coloring of his skin. Before she could react, if she was going to, he turned abruptly to Lyrra and repeated his process. "Oh! I know you! Vinzen told me about your kin from a book he got from Earth one time... Was it something about Dungeons and Lizards?"

He rocked back again to think but seemed to quickly dismiss his thoughts in place of giving his name. "I'm Arlo!" He placed out one of his hands to shake, because he was pretty sure this was a dimension that carried that custom. He didn't come to the topside often because, frankly, no one thought he could be trusted to stay out of mischief.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Libelle, The Rural Paradise

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus