Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Libelle, The Rural Paradise

Samantha Brooks (played by The_Ross)

((Almost forgot, can't have a chase scene without appropriate music!))

Sam followed Arlo out in to the alley. To their left, Skulker was scrambling over a brick wall a few dozen feet away. Sam flung a blue bolt his way, but he had already dropped down to the other side. A few bricks were knocked loose by the impact.

"If you want to help, get to a rooftop! We can't lose this guy!"

She sprinted to the wall, but instead of climbing, she jumped from a dumpster to the opposite wall, then back to the first, then over, clearing the back of the alley in seconds.

Looking down, she could see her target was faster than he looked. He was already shoving his way through an improbably-crowded city square, which she was pretty sure hadn't existed when she arrived. Well, she hadn't had much time to look around since arriving here, after all.

After getting an idea of where he was headed, she leaped down and followed the sounds of cursing and protests. She noticed that, scattered around the area apparently at random, there were quite a few fruit and vegetable stands, flimsy-looking crates, and pairs of men moving large sheets of glass from one place to another, presumably for very logical and plausible reasons that she didn't have time to consider at the moment.
Arlo (played by f0x1nth3b0x)

Arlo was giddy to be running freely through the town. All out running, he wasn't very fast, but the hell spawn used the advantage of his goat-like body and could leap larger than normal distances. He was also surprisingly nimble on his feet, much like a mountain goat or a bighorn. He followed Sam easily and even overtook her now and again when his powerful calves propelled him forward. Arlo had jumped down before her and landed with a thud, leaving a small indent in the ground below him. He was off again, eyes fixed on Skulker. Those eyes were a light with a blue flame and the excitement caused a mane of fire down his spine.

The people of the town cursed doubly after both Skulker and the larger, hotter Arlo came trouncing through their business.
Al-raii (played by SeraphicStar)

Did she want peace? Yes. It was the reason she was there, after all. Would she pass on the fun of a chase (and the chance to find out its reason)? Oh hell no. The moment it began, Al-raii grinned... and joined in the fun. It would probably ruin her peace.

She could care more.

Right after Arlo's tail, who would notice her?

((I miss Choshi. :())

((LOL One lizard pining for another? I will bug her to get on :) ))

Arlo wrote:

((Woah woah woah, why ya gotta be playin' the scales card?! Racist. <3))
Choshi (played by Evilduckie227)

Back at the tavern, the swarm of smaller goblins was closing in on the game wrecking dragon. It was HER fault that all this mess had occurred, after all. Clearly their troubles would be over if they took care of the the leathery wench. Or at last, that's how everything panned out in the goblin's minds.

"Seriously...are you guys THAT worked up over a stupid card game?" Choshi took a half step back as the goblins closed in on her, their weapons all pointing towards her torso. "Damn, you guys need a serious hobby...well...I suppose this IS your hobby..." The dragon's tail slithered with anticipation behind her, while her eyes never left the goblin's stares. They weren't exactly the brightest of creatures; the goblins. Whenever they were agitated by something, the tended to lose all focus of whatever else was around them; making it pretty east to surprise them.

Choshi had dealt with goblins a few times before, so this useful fact about them had been discovered a long time ago. Snaking her tail around to her side, she managed to sweep it right under several of the goblins feet; tripping them onto their backs and into writhing piles of curses and snarls. Using the fallen pile of goblins to her advantage, the dragon made a quick leap over the angry pile of goblins, smacking a few more with her tail in the process.

"HAH!!" Choshi barked as she reached the door, pivoting on one foot to mock the rest of the goblins. "Guess it's true what they say about your reflexes--" before Choshi had time to finish, the arrow from a cross bow struck the doorframe, only inches from where she was standing. Blinking in astonishment, Choshi refocused her eyes on the goblin in the back of the tavern who was already reloading his crossbow. They may be easy to catch off guard, but they were experts at wielding weapons. In this case, the only reason why the goblin had missed was a stroke of luck that cause the dragon to move ever so slightly to the left to avoid the shot. With this in mind, all the dragon could do was mutter a curse under her breath and make her way out the door, into the street.

The growing excitement caused an aura of heat to form around her, causing ripples in the air until a shield of fire encircled her. Choshi let out a sigh of relief; at least she could still harvest most of her dragon abilities. Clenching her first she stopped and waited for the approaching team of goblins to make their way closer to her. "Damnit! If I was my true size I would have crushed them by now!"

Hearing a shot ring out, an arrow cut through the air with a whistle; heading right for the dragon's chest. In a sizzle of flame, the arrow was rendered to nothing more than ash and liquid metal by the dragon's fire shield. WIth a chuckle, Choshi stuck out her tongue in her usual bratty fashion and turned to make her way to the end of the alleyway; unknowingly closing the gap between herself and the heart of town, as well as Skulker and the others too.

Samantha Brooks wrote:
Arlo wrote:

((Woah woah woah, why ya gotta be playin' the scales card?! Racist. <3))

((Okay, okay; I'm putting it back in the deck!))
Zacharias Fynn (played anonymously) Topic Starter

<I must say, you guys are putting me all suspenseful about my own RP. You rock!>

((Awesome. I'm waiting for Sam to post again, since she has an idea of where this is all going.))

Skulker looked over his shoulder and his eyes widened. Where before there had been two pursuers, there was now a train of dragons, demons, lizards, and elves on his trail. And the mangoatdemon was gaining ground.

He careened in to one of the many fruit and vegetable stands populating the promenade, this one selling mostly cabbages. Its contents went spilling everywhere, but chiefly right in Arlo's and Sam's path, they being the two closest to him. Its owner was less than pleased by this.

Skulker veered off down another alley. He was clearly heading towards an abandoned warehouse that loomed in the distance. Although the vegetables proved to be of little consequence to Arlo's hooves, Sam had to suddenly change direction. She climbed to the nearest rooftop and took a more direct path to the warehouse that she figured Skulker was headed towards.

While the vegetation may not have hindered his hooves, it most definitely hindered his attention. The man cam to almost a dead stop to pick up a mango; something he had never seen before. The mane of fire down his spine went out as he inspected the curious fruit and Sam inevitably got back on her feet and ready to go by the time he snapped out of it. She was on the rooftops now and Arlo watched her tail disappear....

Taking a bite out of the fruit he leaped to the rooftops after her and continued the chase. While he might come off as childish and dim the hellspawn was the son of a master tactician and somehow managed to focus long enough to figure out Skulker's path as Samantha had.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Libelle, The Rural Paradise

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus