Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Adding details to characters

I have RP'd my character Yushina Michaels for years, and I do mean years. The only thing I never did anything with, was her magic equipment, as I never felt the need with her sword style. But she has an unusually high Spirit Strength, and is ability to project up to 98% of its strength (as any higher she could kill her self.) However I got her a bane weapon, that has unused abilities (cause I only needed something that wouldn't break under her spirit projection). So I wondering, is it okay to add something to a character that is more or less finished in development?

Namely, I want to add the abilities of the bane weapon.
Well, yeah, of course. You can add whatever you want to your characters' sites.

If you're asking for the sake of balance, however, I'd presume you could darn well add it too since it's been "in the works" forever and not something you just feel like slappin' onto your character.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Why not add that to your character's profile?

The whole idea of this site is you can make character profiles however you like, with whatever information you want to share :)
Heck anything you do can be classified towards character development. If you wanted you could think up some kinda story as to why she now has the ability to use above that 98% without other killing her if you so chose. Your character, your choices.
Azurenati Topic Starter

Copper_Dragon wrote:

If you're asking for the sake of balance, however, I'd presume you could darn well add it too since it's been "in the works" forever and not something you just feel like slappin' onto your character.

Yeah that is a good point. I just don't want my character to end up in the 'Mary-Sue' category, granted being ten years old, that's a bit hard to do in the first place. I am just odd about it.
Azurenati Topic Starter

Darth_Angelus wrote:
Why not add that to your character's profile?

The whole idea of this site is you can make character profiles however you like, with whatever information you want to share :)

I am working on her, she is Yushina Michaels. :3
Azurenati Topic Starter

Lance2011 wrote:
Heck anything you do can be classified towards character development. If you wanted you could think up some kinda story as to why she now has the ability to use above that 98% without other killing her if you so chose. Your character, your choices.

The problem is that Spirit Projection, is you projection your soul out of your body. Anything higher that 98% could cause a rebound, and it took her centuries to get there.
Azurenati wrote:
Copper_Dragon wrote:

Yeah that is a good point. I just don't want my character to end up in the 'Mary-Sue' category, granted being ten years old, that's a bit hard to do in the first place. I am just odd about it.

Any character can be, fairly or unfairly, labeled a Mary Sue. Heck, my Pokemon OC was called one last year, and I've been RPing her for years and years. Granted, it's a label that is pretty freely flung around these days, so tbh, I'd not worry too much about it if I were you. If you've figured out cons and pros to the abilities, thus balancing them out, and have put work into it, I'm sure it'd be fine to most people (especially here-- we're pretty nice folks ;D)

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Adding details to characters

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus