Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Just thinkin' about launching something mundane.

So... one of my characters is for the most part human. Well, entirely human. They leave a less then exciting life of trying to get by... even if they may or may not have to actually work the daily grind. Mostly, you have to do something with yourself right? Anyway, she used to be a stock-person at a larger retail store, the parent company of which has suffered from internal collapsed (apparently directly associated with an apocalyptic event. You know who you are that cost them their job. *Waves finger in a tsk-tsk manner*) Not to mention, I can't really get invested in anything particularly plot driven at the moment due to a rapidly approaching underway. But this all got me to thinkin'.

Is there any viability in me starting up an RP of say a corner convenience store set around the graveyard shift?

I know I have eclectic tastes in the things I do, and I personally could see the potential of a non-sequiturial setting, with interactions sparked primarily by a need for milk at 2 AM. (Or other things. Like Twinkies. Get 'em while you can! Hostess is bankrupt!) But I don't know if anyone else does.

I mean does anyone else have a modern-day-ish character that has the urge to eat lucky charms at 2AM, only to discover they don't have any milk? Would they venture out to said store? Or do you feel is this a lost endeavor, better left not started?
Charles Xavier (played anonymously)

I'd be down for it, if you don't mind an experimental Chimp in your store.
Kim Site Admin

Although I don't have a character right now that could participate, this sounds like a grand idea to me. Tiny slice of life interactions have real charm.
I am super agreeable to this, especially as someone who works nights myself.
Roxanne Aleris Valha (played by Pineapple)

*waves* oh me me! :D
Minerva

Hey greg. I'll probably be on this weekend. that said, are you talking about lode mart? Lode mart went through massive layoffs and a few stores are still floating around. A few may have been bought out by competitors, undamaged stores were sold off. The only remaining lode corp high seat (unless you count "brian") is busy managing for emmerich repairs now but will return to try to pull the company together soon. Had a good talk with lode's player when i saw this thread. Hope that helps out you building whatever sorta play you like.
Floria Nutara (played by SteamPower_Birb)

Sounds like a very interesting idea!

as for the Twinkies...Oh, this Twinkie thing, it ain't over yet.
Kanaey (played by Sanne)

If you take anthros, I can see Kana dropping by on almost a nightly basis! She's a bit of an anti-social butterfly and forgets to do groceries during the day. :D
TaintedCaribou Topic Starter

Welp, decided to do it. In the process of making a map to sort of unify what the store is like.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Just thinkin' about launching something mundane.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus