Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Greetings!

Hello!

I am a new member, as of... 1 hour ago o.o

My name (here) at least is Vahildr, and I can aslo be found on deviantART, Instagram, and ChickenSmoothie, under the same name.

I've been writing since 2006, and role playing (pathfinders, paragraph-style, all kinds) since 2008. I got my start on Neopets, with warrior cats, dragon riders of Pern, Redwall and Harry Potter. From there, I joined a RP site called Hogwarts Extreme and I expanded my reach to other fandoms and came up with a number of original plots. Now I rp mainly with close friends and the few people I find on a ChickenSmoothie and groups on dA.

I find that Skype and GoogleDocs work best for me, though I don't mind thread based. I will have to say no to email and pm based roleplays. I am on a mobile device and they get lost easily.

My writing tends to jump around, and I am open to almost anything though I prefer original plots and stories. Currently the only fandoms I actively roleplay are Harry Potter, AtLA/LoK, Star Wars, Guild Wars 2, and if I can find someone who knows the series well, The Dresden Files. I can play canon characters in HP and The Dresden Files, but prefer OCs in the others.

Original plots range from high fantasy to steampunk and anything in between. The only exception being high school role plays. I graduated HS. I don't want to relive it .-.

As to my personal life, I am 21 years old and live in Sunny Florida (T.T). I work and volunteer at a local zoo, and I absolutely love spending time there. When I'm not writing, I enjoy costume-work, archery, Disney pin trading, and photography. I have a small taxidermy collection, and have a cat named Scout.

If you'd like to RP or ask questions, give me a shout!
Welcome to RPR~
I hope you'll enjoy your time here :3
welcome to the rpr
Vahildr Topic Starter

Thank you ^^

I'm hoping to find some good stories here ^^
Hey!! Welcome to RPR, hope you have a fantabulistic time here. :)
Welcome aboard.
I bet that you are going to meet a lot of awesome people here.
Pray tell, costume-work, does that include cosplay? Or have anything at all to do with cosplay?
Vahildr Topic Starter

iamcrystalqueer wrote:
Welcome aboard.
I bet that you are going to meet a lot of awesome people here.
Pray tell, costume-work, does that include cosplay? Or have anything at all to do with cosplay?

Thanks! I truly hope so!

Costume work encompasses a lot of things including cosplay. My biggest project right now is a Viking-shield maiden costume with a mounted coyote headdress and weapons to go with! It'll be for a ren faire in February :3
Vahildr wrote:
Thanks! I truly hope so!

Costume work encompasses a lot of things including cosplay. My biggest project right now is a Viking-shield maiden costume with a mounted coyote headdress and weapons to go with! It'll be for a ren faire in February :3

That sounds truly ambitious, but also incredibly awesome!
I am lowkey involved with cosplay, mostly through my girlfriend, who is pretty big on it, which is why I asked about it.
Vahildr Topic Starter

iamcrystalqueer wrote:
Vahildr wrote:
Thanks! I truly hope so!

I am lowkey involved with cosplay, mostly through my girlfriend, who is pretty big on it, which is why I asked about it.

It will certainly be a neat outfit! On my father's side of the family, we can trace our lineage back to Austrian royalty, and we think even further back to Viking ancestry (which we won't know for sure until we can talk more extensively with our contact in Austria).

So it has a little bit of historical meaning to me, even if we can't trace our lineage that far!

My uncle is a re-enactor and is helping me find a short sword and shield, though I'm making myself a bow (which will be used for hunting as well as faire days) ^^

That's really cool! I want to get more into cosplay, but this project and work at a local zoo takes up all of my time.. What sorts of things does she cosplay? Any specific characters?
Welcome to RPR!
Welcome to Rpr hope you have fun!
Vahildr wrote:
iamcrystalqueer wrote:
Vahildr wrote:
Thanks! I truly hope so!

It will certainly be a neat outfit! On my father's side of the family, we can trace our lineage back to Austrian royalty, and we think even further back to Viking ancestry (which we won't know for sure until we can talk more extensively with our contact in Austria).

So it has a little bit of historical meaning to me, even if we can't trace our lineage that far!

My uncle is a re-enactor and is helping me find a short sword and shield, though I'm making myself a bow (which will be used for hunting as well as faire days) ^^

That's really cool! I want to get more into cosplay, but this project and work at a local zoo takes up all of my time.. What sorts of things does she cosplay? Any specific characters?

That sounds amazing!

Mostly a bit of everything. We just did the DC Bombshells, and are planning on doing Lord of the Rings and The Witcher.
Sanne Moderator

Welcome to the site! That's pretty amazing, I hope you can find time to cosplay. :) It's a lot of fun! And have fun RPing on RPR too, of course. ;)
Welcome to RPR, Vahildr!
Pleased to see such a detailed introduction, and another cosplay enthusiast :star:
Vahildr Topic Starter

@iamcrystalqueer
Thank you! The headdress in my icon is for the costume. ^^
That's awesome! I'd love to do a LotR cosplay.. And I've never heard of The Witcher. Is it a game? o.o

@Sanne
Thanks! I've cosplayed as Cecil from WtNV, Maleficent, and a Slytherin student.. But those were all closet cosplays for Halloween and small conventions. :) I am hoping to put together MCU Loki and Thor with a friend, and Pearl, from Steven Universe.. :)

@Starwitch
I try! I'm really excited to jump in and have some fun!
Vahildr wrote:
@iamcrystalqueer
Thank you! The headdress in my icon is for the costume. ^^
That's awesome! I'd love to do a LotR cosplay.. And I've never heard of The Witcher. Is it a game? o.o

@Sanne
Thanks! I've cosplayed as Cecil from WtNV, Maleficent, and a Slytherin student.. But those were all closet cosplays for Halloween and small conventions. :) I am hoping to put together MCU Loki and Thor with a friend, and Pearl, from Steven Universe.. :)

@Starwitch
I try! I'm really excited to jump in and have some fun!

I assumed that much, it looks great.
And yeah, I'm doing Elrond, which is scary are, because I have no skill.
The Witcher is a polish book series, but also a game series. It's pretty awesone, and worth checking out.
booksarebae

Welcome! Can I just say you sound like the coolest guy ever. XD

I've always wanted to work at a zoo! What's it like?
Kim Site Admin

Welcome to the site! :D Thank you for the incredible intro; you sound pretty awesome, and I'm super excited for the costume you talked about! I love costume work too, although mine tend toward the dance costume (or sometimes LARP costume...) end of the spectrum, I fear.
Welcome to the site!
You sound like an awesome person, so I'm sure you'll have a nice time here! :)
Vahildr Topic Starter

@iamcrystalqueer
Thanks!
I'll have to look into it. Maybe I'll try to find them o.o

@booksarebae
Oh wow, thank you! o///o

Lots of hard work! I do a lot there, working as an employee at the giraffe feeding station during the week and as a volunteer giraffe keeper/commissary keeper on the weekends. Commissary is doing diets, so most Saturday's I'm actually elbow deep in beef blood and chicken (though it's not bad. I like it :p ), and in the afternoons I'm out scooping giraffe poop o.o

I'm from South Florida, so while the heat is annoying (nearly 100° today), I'm fairly used to it...

@Kim
I'm glad to be here! :)
I'm glad you like the intro!
The costume is going to be a lot of fun, I truly can't wait for it to be finished. :3
What sort of dance costumes?
LARP would be amazing but the closest group to me is seven hours north of where I live T.T

@BabyDragon
Thank you! If you ever want to RP or anything, send a message my way!

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Greetings!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus