Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Tephra/DND Roleplay

Lord Arken (played anonymously)

Etharon is going to scan the room with his eyes, foremost looking for anyone eyeing him, second off looking for anyone suspicious.

rolled 1d20 and got a natural 6. After the modifier of +3, got 9
Cunning?

Seraphina (played anonymously)

She nods her thanks and looks down at her menu. She's not that hungry so she will just tell the waitress she would like water for now.
The Narrator (played by Halok) Topic Starter

Yes cunning, and you Etharon, feel eyes on you. You can't tell from where exactly, but it's from someone or something to your left side. You can try to make a spirit roll to sense who it is exactly, because they are being very careful that you don't see them. Tiffany, the waitress comes back to take your order

Closing his eyes he takes a deep breathe focusing, turning his head he opened his eyes and looked to the left. "Where are you..." Etharon studied each faced but what did he see...?

rolled 1d20 and got a natural 12. After the modifier of -1, got 11
Spirit Check

To that side of the room is a human in a business suit and tophat, a satyr wearing a red vest, and a gnome wearing a leather vest, with alchemical bottles in the pockets. With that roll, you can tell that it is either the gnome or the satyr that keeps glancing at you...unless of course the roll wasn't high enough and I'm lying to you?

Etharon doesn't have enough supplies, no poison, no weapons, no smoke pelets, Etharon gains an idea. Standing up he waved over to Tiffany and sit down, "didn't you see me over by the window sweet heart?" He looks to her in hopes she will play along, this gnome could either be a rival arms dealer's spy, or an agent of his contact attempting to "cancel the deal." This is a cunning check to convince him that Etharon is an innocent husband of this accented elvenish woman.

rolled 1d20 and got a natural 14. After the modifier of +3, got 17
Cunning Check

Tiffany was a little confused but she played along. "Im sorry honey. I must be a little distracted today." She smiled like it was true and she was embarrassed. she casually looks around trying to figure out why this person would randomly come up and speak to her like this. This is a cunning check to seem believeable.

rolled 1d20 and got a natural 18. After the modifier of +3, got 21
Hopefully I don't look as confused as I feel.

Whoever is watching, this event seems to remove their attention from you. Tiffany, with your cunning roll, you can also tell that this person is coming to you because they feel threatened or concerned about something in the room...possibly the group of people he keeps subtly glancing towards

Etharon flags the waiter to inform him that he has changed seats and enjoys a meal with the woman and pulls out the Shilling for both himself and the woman. Once the meal is complete he stands and offers her his arm to take and if she takes it he will lead her back to his room to explain what happened.

rolled 1d20 and got a natural 13. After the modifier of +5, got 18
Stealthy and discrete get away...

Tiffany bit her lip, her only give away that she was uncertain and hesitant. However curiousity wins over as she takes his offered arm. She smiles as she walks and continues to try and convince whoever was watching.

rolled 1d20 and got a natural 11. After the modifier of +3, got 14
To get away without anyone noticing her hesitation

Whoever is watching takes no notice of you two as you walk off. The guards are on the far side of the train car, and take no interest in the paculiar couple you two make

As Etharon closes the door behind him he opens his suitcase and points his Chill Blaster at Tiffany, "do you know what this is?" Retracting the gun he examined it himself, "it is a Mach Four Cold Kill Blasters, my employer says it will push the Steampunk Era into the Cyberpunk Era that the news has slowly been talking about more and more... So you may be able to tell why a few people may be trying to steal or destroy this weapon..."

Etharon returned the gun to the suit case, "for the rest of this train ride you are my wife..." In the back of his mind Etharon kinda figured the guy murdered was because the murderer thought he was Etharon or the killer thought the dead guy worked for Etharon's employer. "This could either go smoothly or be the most dangerous day you have ever lived through..."

Tiffany flinched when he pointed the weapon at her but didn't relax even as he put it away. "And if I refuse?...." She asked softly. She was so confused and a little scared.

"Then for my own safety I'll have to hold you here as my hostage." As he put the blaster away he moved his dress coat away from his belt revealing a Steampunk pistol with a few Cyberpunk modifications to it. No where near as high tech as the Chill Blaster but definitely a punch packer. "I really am sorry ma'm but I can either be civil or I can live to the end of this train ride..."

rolled 1d20 and got a natural 10. After the modifier of +3, got 13
Cunning Check on Tiffany?

Umm, you don't do checks on other players, at least not for cunning
Roxas Villareal (played by Lawrencehamilton)

So I have the actual Tephra Handbook, and they use d12s so when I see this it is a bit weird to me but I will attempt to play like this like D&D)

I chose to use d20's because they were more easily explainable, but honestly this forum is dead, everyone but seraphina stopped responding. If you want to have a tephra RP I'm up for it, but either on a new forum or in pm, not on here. It would be nice to play with someone who actually knows the rules beforehand.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Tephra/DND Roleplay

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus