Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Wild Lands

Valona (played by CookieLurv)

Val looked warily at the hole. "You've been down that?!" She said with awe as she looked at him then moved to take a closer look inside. "How far does it go?" She sat and waged her tail over the grass, messing up the natural way it had grown. This was only the first stop in the tour, but she was already fascinated with just the sight of it. She had been to many places but none seemed to compare to this image.
Auroch (played by Minerva)

"Yeah. We go a little ways from the fall, though." he stood back up, approaching to look over the same ledge. "Little too slippery." he continued southwest along the gorge, until the waterfall's roar became quieter background noise. He hadn't even realized he had raised his voice to counter it, having to drop the volume abruptly. "You can see the mountains from here." the other side of the gorge seemed less fruitful, with stony and sandwashed lands with more plateaus and aggressive mountains. "I always say use the rule of follow the sound of the waterfall, the river always leads back home and actually channels through a lot of parts of the land." even a few brooks she may have passed were parts of a larger channel. "We only hunt down here seasonally, most of the time. It used to be part of a fellow pack's, I think." he started scaling large boulders, taking a few leaps that included bizarre balances with his size. It was several dangerous bounds, until a layer of canyon opened to a carved path in the sheer-

-rock. "There's several ways up and down here. I think an old earthquake broke in some of the walls here a long time ago." just a ... guess. "There's even some nice resting spots. We have mint bushes on the side here, I figured I'd pick some up for your nose. Mix it with a few things and boom! Relief."

"What are we waiting for then!" she said happily even though she resisted the urge to smile at him. Val was sure she looked a bit weird doing so just then.

The woof that came out was vigor and agreement, no translation needed. For a while, in a cleared stone layer, the stroll would be relatively safe, alternate paths of the above sloping hills occasionally dropping in with patches of earth. It was mostly mountain flowers and stubborn, thorny things, until one of multiple patches of mint bush came into view, happy to be rid of winter and seeing spring, not kept in its own cool, damp cubby. "I've got most of the other stuff I need at my den. About time I get mint this year anyway." and so he... Stuck his head in it and shook it around, jarring loose a layer of leaves but only after a more violent toss that had to snap a few fresh branches. Pulling his head back out, he sneezed... Not just mint, but the broken stem up his nose and the leaf wedged in his twitching ear. Clearing that up, he squatted almost as if he was about to take a number, but instead swept them together ruffly with his tail. "So... Where did you come from, if not somewhere like here?"

"A place close to the desert. So there are many things I haven't seen. This waterfall is actually the second I've seen, but the last was much smaller. Not as majestic." Val watched gather up the leaves very....misleadingly.

"A desert?" he seemed honestly confused by that. "I... Don't often spend time in it but if you like sand dunes and mountains, there's a lot of space on that side. But it seems kinda lonely... And every once in a while the mountain rolls over so most stuff doesn't den out there." anyone remember the earth opening with the sound of a million ripping pants? Yeah. "Seems like it'd be pretty lonely." he started sounding muffled, trying as gently as his huge head could muster to make a more contained leaf pile, one delicate piece at a time. "You been living alone a while? Or was there a pack in your desert?"

Her ears and tail drooped. "Alone. I really don't know how I ended up there in the desert. Just that I was and wanted out of it." Being alone was the main reason she wanted out, but the lack of friendship had caused her to talk to herself more often than not. Then when she has the chance to speak to others, she ends up getting a bit frightened about being ignored.

"Well, this pack was built on some rogues... So you might even be able to find a way to stay if you talk to mum right." a bit of a big boy to talk about his mum, isn't he? "Fen yoo ken shtay klosher." reason for the slurring? Picking up a cluster of leaves in his mouth with minimal pressure needed, hiking his head and prancing towards the nearest caved in spot. "Got da uhfer shtuff ah my ben." hopefully she could translate his silliness, but he was heading up.
Neji (played by Rubix)

Neji offered his true smile at her words, if she didn't intend harm that was excellent. His smile was a wide doggy grin that brought out some teeth and showed part of his personality, he was a large wolf but he knew how to have fun. Or at least attempt to.

He gave himself a light shake, "Will you be wishing to stay or wander through? We have guest dens open if you need a rest." A rough start, but maybe he wasn't pushing a boulder up a hill now.
Charna (played by ChaosTheMew)

Charna relaxed slightly."I intend to stay,but I do not like to stay in dens."

She made her way after him. "I coulda helped, you know?" she had laughter in her voice.

"Maw, iffokay. Fo... Iont fink I've shed, I Auroch." well, it least it was easy to... Mufflespeak, if nothing else, he struck his way more directly for the den plateau once reaching the top.

She admitted to herself that she couldn't understand the last bit of his muffled sentence, but she nodded as if she had. Following close behind him so she wouldn't trip over anything.

The grass thinned making way for the plateau. One of several holes in the ground, this one of a few particularly large ones, was stopped at the mouth of where he rested sown the harvest with wagging tail. "...I shed... Said, ...dammit the mint made my tongue feel weird. I said naw, it's okay. I'm Auroch. I don't think we actually introduced."

"Ahhhh. Okay, I'm Valona. You can call me Val though." She said as she looked at him. Studying him. "I've never seen wolves as big as you or the others. Why is that so?" Where ever she got the courage to ask that she didn't know. Compared to her he was gigantic.

"Well, ma's actually about your size," he thought aloud while tucking his head into his den, already purposefully fol of foliage both as nesting and apparent decoration, though it blended a bit at the edges as he shuffled around in his quarters. "Goh, too. It just depends what part of the family you come from. With me, the wilds can ... Vary and the ancients are usually pretty big. You'll find some closer to your size." he poked his head out briefly to bring in a clump of the mint, shuffling about again. Aside from his size, he did have the notably unnatural electric blue glow of his eyes, marked out with white in an otherwise primarily black pelt. They made it quite apparent when he was peeking back out, looking like he was hiding something in his mouth... Poorly. And, as a proud ancient he--spit out a conglomerated glob of mints, berry bush, slobber and love. What, dogs will eat the own vomit, but not touch that? "thtick your nose in it. ...can't feew my faithe." his tongue hung without regard.

She sat and stared at him, eyes wide and glancing back and forth between him and that. Tempted to both laugh at him cause he looked funny and make a 'eww' face at the thought of doing so. BUT if it would help her get the smeller working again then she would do it. Bending her neck, she paused for a split second before sticking her nose in it.

"It might draw out the stinger," he regained partial control, "if not... we'll get it out another way. It will take the pain away and make your nose tickle... The mint might smell strong but thats cuz it'll open your nose up again." ...yeah... He spends a lot of time with... Plants. "The longer it stays on your nose, better, and you can come stick your nose in it any time. When it dries out I can make more." gee, sweet in the grossest way. He rolled to a comfortable laying posture, half stuck out of the den. "I'd show you inside but we wouldn't both fit. So um..." his tail thumped on foliage behind him. "...so what kind of wolf are you? Like maybe the kind the darkmoons had?" or at least, what he can put together of his memory jigsaw.

"Darkmoons?" she removed her nose from the spit then took a spot closer to him to lay down. "I'm afraid I don't know what that is." She shook her head. "As for what kind of wolf I am, I suppose for all I know just a normal one." Unless normal is not knowing how you ended up in a desert and being alone from the get go.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Wild Lands

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus