Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Wild Lands

Valona (played by CookieLurv)

She nodded and stood, turning her head in the direction he suggested. Valona was going to argue and say that the sound she had made was only done to let him know that she was still listening. But perhaps it might've had a note of sadness about it so she kept quiet about it.
Auroch (played by Minerva)

Auroch's experience talking to females who are not a sister is about zip here, so hopefully she doesn't think he's totally nuts. He remained quiet, creeping back on site of a gathering of his older siblings. Silver drathir and golden sol each reminded him of what he knew as a phantom in the land, but each distinctly. He searched what he knew by proxy. "Sol... And Dra...thir." he tongued it out in a murmer as if it was his first time to say it aloud. Little surprise, as the two returning wolves had never even seen him and vice verse, or perhaps even been aware of the last, single pup. The only real tell might be the glowing blue irises that looked through whatever they looked upon. aside from that, some ornamentation and his size, he looked like an average wolf.
Valona (played by CookieLurv)

Valona saw them and couldn't help but be awestruck at how they appeared from that standpoint. Then she looked at him, and could see some of the similarity they were all so very beautiful in that ancient sort of way. Regal looking and proud without even having to try. She could bet if she were to compare herself to them she would looked starved and mangy.
Sol (played by Zeric)

Both were without reaction at being informed they had lost their entitlement to being Kings. Well that was no shock in fact if anything it was a welcomed relief as it was a responsibility neither of them had felt confident enough in themselves to fulfil successfully. However both twitched their muzzles at finding out just how far they had fallen. Again, not surprising but humiliating certainly. Both maintained themselves but with difficulty. Sol especially felt his flesh burning under his fur and it would have been his nature to aggressively oppose this decision, but he let it pass. She had said until they proved they were committed to the pack so it wasn’t a life sentence. Drathir felt her skin prickle at the prospect of being placed at the very lowest end of the pack hierarchy but as with her brother, it was a position which she could work her way out of and prove to the Wild Pack, her sister and to herself that she had not turned her back to anything or anyone.

Sol’s tongue rolled over the roof of his mouth and spread saliva within his maw as it had quite dried up from the tension. Once moist enough to properly form words it was he who this time spoke for himself and Drathir. “We accept what you had decided. Whatever you call upon us to do, we will be there without hesitation. I can assure you, we will earn back rank within the pack.”

He’d been about to ask id that was all if they could be excused but Bella had one more stipulation for them. Both of them froze. It should be the simplest of their re-admittance trials to read the words left behind by their father. But the gravity of seeing the words their father had for them from beyond the grave. It was Drathir’s turn to need to wet her mouth. “...No...We can read it...Certainly we can...” Her tone was as shocked as her expression, her steady and level demeanour left shattered.

They did not have much time to take in Bella’s commands when a further two wolves arrived. Both looked bewildered for a moment more before, awkwardly, turning to the new wolves. The large male was especially striking in his appearance. Given the thoughts in their minds the likeness between him and Wehfre appeared exaggerated for a few moments before they got their senses back and saw he was a different wolf. “You must...You must be Auroch. I’m Drathir.” Drathir managed to say, her voice steadying by the end. Sol had already gathered himself when he introduced himself. “And I’m Sol.” He took in Auroch’s scent which he immediately recognized as family. However the small plainly pelted female was not.

“And who are you?” He questioned as he fixed his eyes upon her.

Auroch smelled like family! Yay! He also smelled of mint leaves, trying to cover former smells of rolling around in garbage piles. He can't help it. He just has to when he founds decaying, unidentifiable mounds. He was not exactly the proudest of the pack yet. "You know me? Cool!" his tail straightened upright in exhuberance. He saw little negative. "Um... I heard about reading? His statue moved to the base here but the words are up top, near his old den." he paused, staring at Drathir intently. "I think you used to sit there a lot?" an odd thing, from one that never met them. "Yeah, I'm Auroch. It feels like dad knows you're back. were you arguing?" that was how he justified the thunder brewing over the distant mountains.
The mists pouring off the canyon waterfall swirled deeply in the night sky, as two figures stepped into the moonlight above, their scents strange and alien to this land.

The first was a human, in his early adulthood. His clothing was plastered to his skin with damp, the blue vest sticking to the now near-transparent white collared shirt he wore beneath it. His matching blue jeans squelched in his ankle high boots. The human man worn a scowl on his thin face, his eyes narrowed tightly. He glanced down at his companion, grumbling, "The forest has a sick sense of humor in the ways it sends us off."

The man's companion was a small creature, and looked to be dressed in what looked like a pile of clothes to all-encompassing she waddled beside him like a walking animated pile of laundry. She peeped up in a small, immature females voice that had a small rasp to it like a crow's call. "Yeah, yeah. Jace, can I take this stuff off? We don't seem to have ended up anywhere near human kind."

Jace took a long look around, taking stock of the quiet of the place and the darkness about them. Yeah, if there was definitely no sign of human hands anywhere here. So he nodded, "Yeah, I guess you can."

The little waddling figure began to flop off pieces of baggy clothing in a flurry of activity. Each piece revealed a little more of her shape. She wasn't human, but wasn't an animal either. What she was, was a bipedal mix of traits of both bird and feline. Skvanda the Gryphon stood at around three feet tall, black feathered and crow-like in head and body, while her black feline lower body emerged from her slick, smooth feathered upper half lithely. She flapped her little vestigial wings, causing them to pop loudly for how long they had been plastered to her back. Unlike her companion, she was dry thanks to the layers of clothing she had been wearing. "So Boss..." She peeped up, "Where's the key piece?"

Jace lifted his wrist, looking to the over-sized watch on his wrist. "Still a ways off, Ska..." he sighed gently. "Don't tell me you were expecting this to be easy, c'mon Feathers, when has it ever been easy to reach? Listen, we probably have a walk ahead of us, and it's too dark to see. I say we just get a fire going and camp the night here. Alright?"

Skvanda did look a little sorrowful that the Key Piece they sought was not nearby. But Jace was right, the gateways always had a way of depositing them far off from their goal. Like the Universe was meddling with them or something. "Okay, Jace, okay..." She took stock of her friend and smiled, "You are going to get cold like that."

"Yeah, that's another reason I wanted to stop. Getting dry before traveling further would be nice." Jace grinned back at the little bipedal creature beside him, shifting the backpack on his shoulder slightly, as he looked over to a nearby fallen log they could use as a wind break. He walked to it, and sat down, removing his soaked vest and shirt. He hoped pants would be fine to just keep on once they got the fire going. He cast his eyes about the area, looking for fire start. "Skvanda, think you could summon us up a little light?"

The little gryphon nodded, as she flapped her wings. The tips of her feathers glow, previously black eye-spots lighting up in neon hues. She flapped them again, bringing the light off her wing tips and collecting them all into a small white neon ball she clasped in her hands tightly. "This enough?" She inquired pensively.

"Yeah, good job Feathers." Jace set to the cast of gathering the wood he required to make a little fire.
Others (played by Minerva)

(for gming sake, I'll throw this up for Jace: ) The light shed on their situation near the falls would reveal one of two things: they were either in the heart of an enormous canyon or, more likely since the moon managed to reach them, atop a knolly patch of forest covered with littered ruin-shards, with the best standing part being an opening yawning into the earth, deathly silent. Positioned some ways off was also the uncharacteristic young banyan tree that should seem thoroughly out of climate. Elsewise, typical northamericanish foliage.
Neji (played by Rubix)

Neji offered a smile to Charna, "I understand that. If you'd like to explore I see no issues with that. Or if you'd like guidance I can help you with that as well. Or I could call Auroch to guide you, he's young and sometimes without manners but he knows these lands better than most." He was just trying to give her some options, plus he felt like he needed to get back to Bella. He may not know the comings and goings of beings like she did, but he could feel that there were more presences now than there had been before and that made him uneasy.
Bella (played by Loki) Topic Starter

Bella seemed satisfied with them for the time being and she looked at Auroch, "This is the youngest of our siblings." It was then that her ears twitched and she looked off in the direction that the human and his monster were located. "Drathir, something has approached near the falls. Go check and see what they need." She didn't send Sol, because he'd always been a bit of a hothead.

It's about then that her eyes fall to Valona, "Hello." She didn't seem aggressive hopefully Valona wouldn't be afraid of her. "You're injured." Her main power before she'd been gifted with the elements had been healing, it wasn't hard for her to tell.
Others (played by Minerva)

"Yes, mum. This is Valona. Valona, mum. But I guess she's not your mum." he left it to Bella to introduce herself. "Valona has been alone a long time and is looking for somewhere to stay." he raised his head to speak as if dignified, but kept his tail down. "I did what I could to make it hurt less. I could use my Ma powers to remove the stinger, but you know I avoid that. I figured maybe you can help? Divide positivia and negativia?" due to his bloodline he feared using any supernatural power. Her holy maintained balance, or so he thought. "A...anyway," he stuttered, a rare case in the blabbermouth; he looked between them. "I thought the canyon would still be lonely... Maybe she can stay closer?" he sounded hopeful, dogbrows raised. "She's nice, and respectful, and lost and she likes the land. And... And... Uh..." he stuttered for extra helpful points, "oh! She's looking to see if she has any abilities. I said I dunno how to check... can you?" probably not, but mums can do everything!!!

...(pretend auroch posted that, can't edit mobile.)
(Thanks for the GM ^__^)

It took Jace only a few minutes in the dark to gather up the wood and yellowed weedy grass that he'd need, Skvanda lighting his progress as he did. Honestly, he was getting much better at this starting camp thing since they'd started. He roughed out a bare patch in the vegetation by the fallen log, and arranged the sticks in a little standing triangle. Then he began to rough the weed against itself to break up the fibers into a finer patch of tinder.

Skvanda continued to pick up twigs she could find nearby, bringing them as Jace worked on the fire. Jace favored her with a small smile, as he pulled a small lighter from the inside of his vest. He hoped the fuel inside was alright, he had bought it due to the claim on the package that it was "waterproof". But you just couldn't trust everything you read in a gas station.

He flicked the metal lighter open and blew on the strike-wheel to dry the mechanisms. He gave it a few flicks and it caught suddenly. Jace grinned and Skvanda, who'd never seen the lighter function before, gave a small "Oooohhh..." Jace placed the flame by the tinder he'd worked up, and it caught. He feed the little fire more tinder and twigs, and soon, they had a fire to sleep by.

So rest they did, the man and his monster compatriot, while the world moved on around them. Jace stared into the fire a while, his mind lost in the hope that, unlike other places they'd traveled, they wouldn't encounter another pair of pact-partners like themselves and have to duel for the Key Piece.

But, as he'd told Skvanda, it had never been easy before. Why would it start being easy now?
Draeval (played by Rubix)

Draeval made customary visits home but his last one had been a few weeks ago so he was more than due and for some reason he had the urge to go today. He popped in with his normal flare of orange sparks right out of the portal he had created back in the day.

But when he landed he was a bit surprised to see the gathering that was going on. His orange eyes blinked and he twisted his head from one side to the other. Of course he recognized his siblings, but would they recognize him? He wasn't quite the same wolf he'd been the last time they'd been around. He shifted out from where he landed and sat down, well this was going to be fun!
Drathir (played by Zeric)

Drathir was a little taken aback by the energy radiating off Auroch after coming up against the sheer wall of dark resentment from Bella and it took her a moment to find her voice. “I...Ah...Know ‘of’ you.” She recovered and managed a smile, trying, and succeeding. “Bella told us you can read the language written on the statue of my father. I’m pretty sure I can read it too...But just in case I can’t she said you can.”

However it was uncomfortable to her when he seemed to know more about her that she would have expected, or liked, for him to know. “Oh...Yes I used to sit there a lot and...It wasn’t an argument, not exactly. But things between myself and my father...Well, I wish they had ended differently.” Her head sunk down and her ears folded flat against her skull, flickering at the sound of the distant thunder though she knew not that Auroch thought it may in fact be some manifested lingering feeling from their father. Her look now saddened but curious she tilted her head at her younger sibling. “How did you know that?” Unless Bella had told him?...

However before she could get an answer, she got her first order from her...alpha. She turned her head and saw Sol turn his about to protest on her behalf, but she silenced him with a look and then stood. “Alright. I’ll howl if something is amiss.” Then she turned and darted off. Sol watched her run off with a concern in his eyes and he fell silent.

Drathir wasn’t one to run straight into possible danger though and she kept herself hidden. Darting behind trees and the decaying ruins. The moon shone upon her and she was quite literally in her element. She leaned around a large rubble pile and looked down at the duo further down the wound in the earth. Her muzzle wrinkled at their scents. Not wolf. Not pack and one of them a human. She knew not what manner of creature the feathered one was. For now she would keep low and simply observe.

"When the family fights, or argues, it begins to storm. It's like his way of growling at us and telling us to be good... I think." he tilted his head. His perception was still young. "I always wanted to actually meet you! I bet he's glad you're back and--aww." he whined lamely as drathir was called off. "Well! I'll be on top when you're ready!" he called, tail wagging. Despite his overbearing size, his youth betrayed him.
Drathir had the opportunity to watch them for a long time. For the pair napped for a short time, tired and spent from their travels to this place. But after a time, the tell-tale grumbling of a human stomach awakened Jace and his partner. Jace looked sheepishly down at the little gryphon creature, as she just shrugged with a small giggle. "You're a pit, boss."

Jace dragged a backpack he had brought along with them, much of the contents where probably ruined by the water. But he knew there should be some food that would be still good. He unzipped the first pouch of the flap, and took stock of the meager bits of food they had left. They hadn't been to a civilized place in quite some time.

With a quick flick, and an audible metal click, he brought out a pocket knife. Jace fished around until he drew out a small package of hot dogs, and sliced it open. The smell of the processed meat hit the air, as Jace worked on getting a stick to skewer the dogs on. Skvanda sat next to him, licking the edge of her beak with her tongue idly. She was hungry too, though she wouldn't admit it.

Drathir did not like this. These two were intruders with seemingly no regard for the territory they were in. Her muzzle twitched and she exposed her ivory white jaws. Knowing humans it was more than likely that he either hadn't considered that this land was claimed, or he simply didn't care. Again she wondered of the strange bird-like creature, but she was with the human so it didn't matter a great deal right ow, both were trespassers.

Her nose twitched and inhaled the scent of the cooking processed human food. she recoiled a little from the scent. That was what they were going to eat? It smelt...wrong. Only the faintest hint of meat wafted through the air and the rest of it was unidentifiable. However no matter that she would never wish to taste their food they were intending to eat on Wild Pack territory and that did not sit well with her on an instinctual level.

She broke cover and stood up and was instantly illuminated by the glow of the moon which made her fur glow and gave her an otherworldly aura. Her voice carried strong and loud to the duo below her in the valley.

"This is wolf territory. You are within the boarders of The Wild Pack and you have no right to be here. We do not appreciate non-pack coming so casually into our land."
Jace immediately was up, forgetting the food he was tending as they where spoken to.

But Skvanda was quicker, as she forced her way between the wolf and Jace. "We have plenty of right to be here!" She shouted in that peeping voice.

Jace shook his head, "Feathers! Quiet, lets hear what she has to say before we start a shouting match." He fixed eyes on the Wolf and muttered to himself, "A talking wolf...What's next, singing bunnies?" He spoke loudly, addressing the wolf in a collected, casual fashion. "We did not mean to trespass. Actually, we had little choice where we arrived, but that's neither here nor there. We're just here seeking something that was lost to us. The sooner we find it, the better it is for everyone involved."

Drathir was not confrontational. At least she wasn’t compared with her brother Sol, but the avian creature caused a tremor of anger to snake through her form from her staggering arrogance and total ignorance of the laws which governed land claimed by a wolf pack. She had been about to verbally reprimand the bird-creature when the human attempted to calm the situation with logic that was just as flawed as the feathered beast though it presented in a more measured manner.

She narrowed her eyes at him, ears twitching at his muttered ‘singing bunnies’ comment which she heard clearly despite his low tone. When he had finished speaking there was still no reason which she had been made aware of which justified their being here in Wild Pack territory. She remained in her place above them both for the empowerment it gave her stance and because she didn’t have any reason to trust either of these creatures.

She fixed her sight on the avian again, her eyes still narrowed to slits. “No bird, you do not have any right.” Then to the human, her fierce glare abating slightly, if not by much. “What are you seeking? If it is further within these lands then it is by pack law belonging to the Wild Pack. In any case you will need the blessing of our alphas to proceed further.”
Skvanda let out a derisive chirp at being called 'Bird', she grumbled vocally, "Not a bird. I'm a Gryphon."

Jace moved up and placed a hand on his Partner's head, tussling her feathers. "We are looking for a broken piece of a key, made of a unique earthen metal. It could be large or very small. But it's drastically important that we acquire it. It doesn't belong in this place, it belongs back in the world Feathers' here comes from." Jace calmed raised his hand to his wrist, fiddling with the dials on the rim of the watch face, words and symbols crossing the face as he turned them until the shape of a key appeared. He pressed his thumb on one of the side buttons, and then to the Watch face. The watch glowed brightly, as a small orb of green light emerged before his touch, at the center of this halo of greenish wispy illumination, was a fragment of a bronze metal, expertly shaped and foreignly marked. "This, things like this are what we are looking for. And others too, others that might be already here, searching just as we are. They might not be so willing to respect your laws and discuss things as us." He pressed his thumb back to the black face of the watch, and it absorbed the light-sheathed key piece once more. "So, what do we have to do to get you to allow us to search unhindered? Talk to these alphas of yours?"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Wild Lands

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus